post Sep 30 2010, 01:33 PM
Post #41

SoCali Cum Guzzler

Group: Banned
Member No.: 10,549

QUOTE (Fitz @ Sep 29 2010, 10:40 PM) *
April 25 2006

http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/boxing/ne...tory?id=2420382

On that date, these were Mayweather's opponents to date.

Zab Judah
Sharmba Mitchell
Arturo Gatti
Henry Bruseles
DeMarcus Corley
Phillip N'dou
Victoriano Sosa
Jose Luis Castillo
Jose Luis Castillo

Which one of those fights did he make $10 million?

Game, Set and Match Fitz.

Now don't you ever talk to me about boxing ever again.

Understand Floyd didn't take that fight because before the offer was made after Floyd and Arum were on the worst of terms. And, Floyd wanted to get the hell away from Top Rank (Do you hear me, Manny?) at any and all cost. I believe it cost him the 750k purse from the 2nd JLC fight + a 300k check from Al Heymon. Jeff Mayweather stated that when Floyd won the 2nd JLC fight that Arum was so pissed off that he put his soft lil hand through the drywall in the dressing room of Castillo and Arum stated," I can't beieve they gave taht lil shit the decision"! So this is where Floyd and Arums relationship parted ways because the next conversation that the 2 had the end result was mutual FU's.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Guest_Fitz_*
post Sep 30 2010, 05:09 PM
Post #42

Guests

QUOTE (sweetscientist1 @ Oct 1 2010, 02:53 AM) *
At that time the buz was he was running from Ndou and Chop Chop Corley.

LOL. Are you seriously trying to pass this off. People thought he was ducking N'Dou and Corley? Really? Seriously? Oh boy.....

But by the time he beat them he was running from Zab Judah

After Judah lost to Baldomir, who was saying Floyd was running for Zab? I recall there was a popular video on ESPN that had Kenny blasting Floyd for taking the fight. Certainly didn't have the aura around that fight that Zab was a feared from Mayweather. It was quite the opposite. That fight had more of a feeling of 'why?'

Than after kicking those 2 asses now he's running from Pacquaio, Cotto and Margarito. So I just assume when he taps all the forementioned ass you'll have someone else that he's runnung from.

Apparently he has been running from Margarito since 2005-2006, not after he beat Mosley, lol.

+Quote Post
STEVENSKI
post Sep 30 2010, 06:20 PM
Post #43

Chief Haterizer

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 91

QUOTE (jvo1800 @ Sep 30 2010, 10:49 AM) *
Lastly Oscar didnt have to promote himself or sell his image like Floyd did he has always been a mega star in the sport without having to do much of nothing

Yeah except win a Olympic Gold medal which is something Floyd FAILED to do. See when you win a gold medal in boxing & are American & the only one to do so that Olympics that instantly makes you marketable to the American boxing public. Combine that with "good looks" & a humble attitude & you are onto a winner.

Oscar was gettin a big payday no matter who he fought

Because he was a Olympic Gold medallist & by the time he was getting the really big paydays he had proven to be a active fighter who fought the best competition available.

when he did fight the elite he got his his ass whooped (Bernard, Floyd, Shane twice, etc.)

Yes but he did fight the elite & that is the major difference between the two.

+Quote Post
STEVENSKI
post Sep 30 2010, 06:29 PM
Post #44

Chief Haterizer

QUOTE (Run and Gun Game Calls @ Sep 30 2010, 05:03 PM) *
Are you talking about the same floyd that beat the hell out of his kids mother, kicked her while she lay on the floor while the kids watched in terror, then threatened to beat the hell out of them if they went for help? The same floyd that chased after then when they ran to the guard gate for help? Are we talking about the same guy here, that wants to make sure his family is "taken care of"?

Well I would say he did take care of his family then. he took care of his mouthy woman & showed his kids that daddys the boss. TCOB

+Quote Post
Guest_Fitz_*
post Sep 30 2010, 06:55 PM
Post #45

Guests

QUOTE (STEVENSKI @ Oct 1 2010, 09:20 AM) *
Yeah except win a Olympic Gold medal which is something Floyd FAILED to do. See when you win a gold medal in boxing & are American & the only one to do so that Olympics that instantly makes you marketable to the American boxing public. Combine that with "good looks" & a humble attitude & you are onto a winner.

Because he was a Olympic Gold medallist & by the time he was getting the really big paydays he had proven to be a active fighter who fought the best competition available.

Yes but he did fight the elite & that is the major difference between the two.

Spot on Stevenski. The whole point was that DLH being bigger fought elite world fighters on a more regular basis. The excuses Floyd is using for not fighting them did not apply to DLH when if anything, DLH had more reason to apply those, but he didn't and he tested himself despite coming up short.

+Quote Post
sweetscientist1
post Sep 30 2010, 07:05 PM
Post #46

SoCali Cum Guzzler

QUOTE (Fitz @ Sep 30 2010, 05:09 PM) *
LOL. Are you seriously trying to pass this off. People thought he was ducking N'Dou and Corley? Really? Seriously? Oh boy.....

After Judah lost to Baldomir, who was saying Floyd was running for Zab? I recall there was a popular video on ESPN that had Kenny blasting Floyd for taking the fight. Certainly didn't have the aura around that fight that Zab was a feared from Mayweather. It was quite the opposite. That fight had more of a feeling of 'why?'

Apparently he has been running from Margarito since 2005-2006, not after he beat Mosley, lol.

No I'm not passing this off at all. Here in Vegas the buz among hatas such as your yourself was that Vivian Harris ( even Floyd Sr. mentioned it) and Ndou as well as Chop Chop according to the media were supposed to be stiff outings for Floyd until he capped their sorry asses and now you tell me it never happend and they never insinuated these things. You gotta be a Pactard. Nobodyelse is that uninformed. So when you check history and see how ass-backwards your assesments are it even scares you! Just like Floyd was done when he was gonna meet Shane. Than he capped Shane and now Shane is old and done. The hatas of Floyd are very weak with no agrument! You can say a lot of negative shit about this guy but none of it pertains to boxing! Don't confuse issues.

+Quote Post
sweetscientist1
post Sep 30 2010, 07:09 PM
Post #47

SoCali Cum Guzzler

QUOTE (sweetscientist1 @ Sep 30 2010, 07:05 PM) *
No I'm not passing this off at all. Here in Vegas the buz among hatas such as your yourself was that Vivian Harris ( even Floyd Sr. mentioned it) and Ndou as well as Chop Chop according to the media were supposed to be stiff outings for Floyd until he capped their sorry asses and now you tell me it never happend and they never insinuated these things. You gotta be a Pactard. Nobodyelse is that uninformed. So when you check history and see how ass-backwards your assesments are it even scares you! Just like Floyd was done when he was gonna meet Shane. Than he capped Shane and now Shane is old and done. The hatas of Floyd are very weak with no agrument! You can say a lot of negative shit about this guy but none of it pertains to boxing! Don't confuse issues.

You can listen to Brian Kenny on ESPN or you can take your sorry ass to the gym and put on the gloves. That would give you the obvious understanding of the sport that you're missing. I would guess you've never trained or been to a prize fight so there's no real foundation to make any skills assesment when it comes to boxing . This is understood, however, it might be in your best interest to actually study the sport. Hands on. It'll definitely give you a new vision when you're uhhh watching on TV. OK Sparky! Good Luck!

+Quote Post
STEVENSKI
post Sep 30 2010, 07:26 PM
Post #48

Chief Haterizer

QUOTE (sweetscientist1 @ Oct 1 2010, 10:05 AM) *

I don't know of anyone that thought Ndou or Corley would be stiff outings for Floyd. I could be wrong of course but any clear thinking student of the game could see Floyd winning those pretty easily. As for Harris he was a never will be if I ever saw one.

Just like Floyd was done when he was gonna meet Shane. Than he capped Shane and now Shane is old and done.

The only people that picked Shane to win were people living on hope & the prayer of a big shot landing. They got it 1/2 right as Shane had Floyd on toast in the 2nd round but failed to finish what he started.

The hatas of Floyd are very weak with no agrument! You can say a lot of negative shit about this guy but none of it pertains to boxing! Don't confuse issues.

Actually a lot is pertinant to boxing. There have been a lot of big matchups Floyd has not been able to make. The common denominator is Floyd so therefore...................

QUOTE (sweetscientist1 @ Oct 1 2010, 10:09 AM) *
You can listen to Brian Kenny on ESPN or you can take your sorry ass to the gym and put on the gloves. That would give you the obvious understanding of the sport that you're missing. I would guess you've never trained or been to a prize fight so there's no real foundation to make any skills assesment when it comes to boxing . This is understood, however, it might be in your best interest to actually study the sport. Hands on. It'll definitely give you a new vision when you're uhhh watching on TV. OK Sparky! Good Luck!

Hmmm. Fitz has shown evidence that he does indeed train at a gym & I know he has been to prize fights. A few seconds using the search function would alleviate your need to look like a uninformed moron. For a sweet scientist you seem to lack some basic intelligence. Good luck with that search function boyo.

+Quote Post
Lil-lightsout
post Sep 30 2010, 07:38 PM
Post #49

Light Heavyweight

Member No.: 3,047

I swear Floyd huggers are so damn delusional. They clearly are not true fans. Even when proven wrong and stupid, they bring up other nonsense. It is pointless debating with someone like that.

+Quote Post
sweetscientist1
post Sep 30 2010, 08:02 PM
Post #50

SoCali Cum Guzzler

QUOTE (STEVENSKI @ Sep 30 2010, 07:26 PM) *
I don't know of anyone that thought Ndou or Corley would be stiff outings for Floyd. I could be wrong of course but any clear thinking student of the game could see Floyd winning those pretty easily. As for Harris he was a never will be if I ever saw one.

The only people that picked Shane to win were people living on hope & the prayer of a big shot landing. They got it 1/2 right as Shane had Floyd on toast in the 2nd round but failed to finish what he started.

Actually a lot is pertinant to boxing. There have been a lot of big matchups Floyd has not been able to make. The common denominator is Floyd so therefore...................

Hmmm. Fitz has shown evidence that he does indeed train at a gym & I know he has been to prize fights. A few seconds using the search function would alleviate your need to look like a uninformed moron. For a sweet scientist you seem to lack some basic intelligence. Good luck with that search function boyo.

I didn't know Floyd made matchups. i thought that's what Heymon and Ellerbe wer for or Arum back in the day. But no Floyd's a matchmaker?

+Quote Post

18 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 7 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th July 2014 - 01:58 AM