> Is goldenboy selling fixed fights?
King Eugene
post Oct 5 2010, 06:05 AM
Post #11

Proud American

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,577

QUOTE (lloyd mayflower @ Oct 5 2010, 05:15 AM) *
You get thunderbird in america? I thought tipples like that were solely aimed at the British down and out!!

Thunderbird and Mad Dog 50/50. Dont get much lower than that.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
lloyd mayflower
post Oct 5 2010, 06:14 AM
Post #12

Junior Middleweight

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 7,369

Il give you lower, Buckfast tonic wine. Look it up, its THE most controversial drink in the world! Even the politicians are trying to ban it cos it is, as we say in Scotland, Wreck the hoose juice!

We have MD20/20, its something I could never ever drink. Not even when I was yooong and could drink anything! Wonder if its the same stuff. Came in all sorts of toxic "fruit" flavours

+Quote Post
SmartyBeardo
post Oct 5 2010, 07:57 AM
Post #13

Middleweight

Member No.: 10,633

QUOTE (lloyd mayflower @ Oct 5 2010, 05:15 AM) *
You get thunderbird in america? I thought tipples like that were solely aimed at the British down and out!!

Closest I ever consider myself to have become an alcoholic is in middle school (called intermediate deep in a previous millenium). I'd get up at 4:30 or 5 am to deliver papers (depending on the weather). I'd take a hit and watch the sun come up while delivering the morning news to plus or minus 120 doorsteps. Then I'd ride my bike to school and stop at Lupoi's to pick up breakfast, which consisted of a bottle of T-Bird, Ripple, Strawberry Hill or (if I considered myself lucky) cheap whiskey, depending on which part of the store the employees were prowling. I'd share it with whoever made it to the walnut orchard across the tracks before school, or just finish it myself.

My Dad was oblivious and preoccupied with two of my siblings who managed to get caught at everything they did. The school never did a thing (the vice principal was a flaming alchy who "understood" me). I settled down in high school because I couldn't keep up the schedule with afterschool sports and running the high school newspaper (though I would smuggle a bottle or two of wine into journalism now and then, and share it with "Mrs. Robinson"- a wild hillbilly bitch from the Ozarks).

+Quote Post
Jack 1000
post Oct 5 2010, 05:25 PM
Post #14

The Consultant

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 14

QUOTE (gravytrain @ Oct 1 2010, 02:49 PM) *
Who else are they going to link up with? Someone on here had a good post about Ross Greenburg pretty much telling people to just deal with GBP seeing as HBO can't sign fighters, I really doubt Arum or King are looking for business partners either. Start your own company then have to deal with GBP or just buy a stake in GBP.. I'll buy the stake in GBP.

I agree with this,

I don't see evidence of any of the OP's fights cited being fixed. Hopkins always talked about the B.S things wrong with boxing, so he would have to be in on a fix too, and if he was, he's a huge hypocrite. Delahoya's Golden Boy Promotions is pretty much the hook, line, and sinker that controls HBO boxing today.

There is evidence that many of Delahoya's fights, with the exception of Mosley I, and a good 6th and 12th round against Quartey have been boring. My friend was so hyped for Tito-Oscar and was so disgusted by the lack of action in that fight after the build up that he didn't even wait for the decision. Took the tape and threw it in the trash. I thought Oscar-Tito was OK. Delahoya-Whitaker was much worse for lack of action.

Even the big fight with Mayweather? A glorified sparring session. But I saw that coming.

Jack

+Quote Post
sweetscientist1
post Oct 6 2010, 06:53 PM
Post #15

SoCali Cum Guzzler

Group: Banned
Member No.: 10,549

QUOTE (EpTXCHAMP @ Oct 3 2010, 04:32 PM) *
there were rumblings in chat rooms that shane took a dive for floyd I dont know to me it's all hear say. I will say they have sold fixed fights in a sense that majority of their fights are predictable and boring...Mora/Mosley...Floyd/marq...ortiz/harris...and nate vs ortiz

Shane took a dive because he got his ass kicked. forget about chat rooms. None of those bitches have ever seen the ring or you wouldn't hear no dumbshit like that. That was as obvious of an honest ass whoopin that Shane got from Floyd that shanes kid was having problems watching that shit!

+Quote Post
sweetscientist1
post Oct 6 2010, 06:56 PM
Post #16

SoCali Cum Guzzler

QUOTE (STEVENSKI @ Oct 4 2010, 09:00 PM) *
I say yes they are. No proof but you can't trust a company headed by a guy who smiles after getting knocked out in a clearly fixed fight.

WHAT WAS HE GONNA DO? CRY LIKE THE LIL BITCH ARREOLA IS? WHY WOULDN'T SHANE SMILE AFTER HIS BIGGEST PAYDAY IN YEARS OR MAYBE AT ALL? WHO KNOWS REALLY? BOTTOMLINE IS AFTER THAT ASS KICKIN FOR 6M, HE'S GOT A LOT TO SMILE ABOUT!

+Quote Post
sweetscientist1
post Oct 6 2010, 07:01 PM
Post #17

SoCali Cum Guzzler

QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Oct 4 2010, 08:41 PM) *
Step away from the CAPSLock, slowly, and put down the bottle of Thunderbird.

ONLY IF YOU PUT DOWN THE METH PIPE MY MAN. THAT SHIT WILL ROT YOUR TEETH AND YOUR BRAIN RIGHT OUTTA YOUR HEAD. LISTEN TO YOURSELF DUDE. YOU SOUND LIKE A 12 YEAR OLD GIRL. I THINK SHANE VS FLOYD WERE FIXED! OOH! AND THAN WATCH THE FIGHT, AND YOU'RE WRAPPING THUNDERBIRD DAWG? HEY MAN, THE MIND IS A TERRIBLE THING TO WASTE AND WITH FIGHT ASSESMENTS LIKE YOU JUST INSINUATED? OH BOY! REHAB IS NOT FAR OFF FOR YOU BUDDY! GOOD LUCK!

+Quote Post
sweetscientist1
post Oct 6 2010, 07:16 PM
Post #18

SoCali Cum Guzzler

QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Oct 5 2010, 05:25 PM) *
I agree with this,

I don't see evidence of any of the OP's fights cited being fixed. Hopkins always talked about the B.S things wrong with boxing, so he would have to be in on a fix too, and if he was, he's a huge hypocrite. Delahoya's Golden Boy Promotions is pretty much the hook, line, and sinker that controls HBO boxing today.

There is evidence that many of Delahoya's fights, with the exception of Mosley I, and a good 6th and 12th round against Quartey have been boring. My friend was so hyped for Tito-Oscar and was so disgusted by the lack of action in that fight after the build up that he didn't even wait for the decision. Took the tape and threw it in the trash. I thought Oscar-Tito was OK. Delahoya-Whitaker was much worse for lack of action.

Even the big fight with Mayweather? A glorified sparring session. But I saw that coming.
I REALLY DON'T KNOW WHAT PLANET U GIRLS LIVE ON. ODLH VS QUARTEY BORING? I GUESS OSCAR VS PERNELL WAS BORING TOO HUH? AND ODLH VS VARGAS, THAT WAS REALLY BORING ALSO, WASN'T IT? AND, I KNOW THE OSCAR VS FLOYD FIGHT HAD TO BE A SNOOZER FOR YOU. YOU JUST COULDN'T UNDERSTAND WHY THESE GUYS JUST WEREN'T THROWING PUNCHES COULD YOU? OF COURSE THE TENSION BETWEEN THE 2 SETS OF GLOVES DIDN'T MEAN MUCH DID IT? OF COURSE NEITHER FIGHTER WAS CONCERNED ABOUT THE OTHERS MISTAKES FOR 12 ROUNDS, WERE THEY? YEAH ALL THESE GUYS ARE SO BORING. HOW LONG HAVE YOU GUYS BEEN IN GIRL SCOUTS, OH I MEAN BROWNIES? DO YOU PLAY KICKBALL OR SOCCER AT MEETINGS? MOM BRING ORANGE SLICES? OH NO , THAT'S NEXT YEAR!
Jack

+Quote Post
STEVENSKI
post Oct 7 2010, 02:48 AM
Post #19

Chief Haterizer

Member No.: 91

QUOTE (sweetscientist1 @ Oct 7 2010, 10:56 AM) *
WHAT WAS HE GONNA DO? CRY LIKE THE LIL BITCH ARREOLA IS? WHY WOULDN'T SHANE SMILE AFTER HIS BIGGEST PAYDAY IN YEARS OR MAYBE AT ALL? WHO KNOWS REALLY? BOTTOMLINE IS AFTER THAT ASS KICKIN FOR 6M, HE'S GOT A LOT TO SMILE ABOUT!

Yes yes yes. If you read my OP you would see I was talking about DLh smiling & laughing after Hopkins stopped him.....

+Quote Post
Jack 1000
post Oct 7 2010, 05:39 AM
Post #20

The Consultant

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 14

Delahoya-Vargas was good. I forgot about that one,

I will stand by the others.

As a side-note: Please do not use all caps when replying to posts! It is considered yelling and is not proper Internet behavior.

Jack

Administrator

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 31st July 2014 - 04:15 PM