> Landmark Education, One of the scariest things I've done in my life
Snoop
post Oct 20 2010, 10:06 AM
Post #11

Heavyweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 87

QUOTE (lloyd mayflower @ Oct 20 2010, 04:01 PM) *
(IMG:http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_AxCTSdry5uw/SVeiiobvkKI/AAAAAAAAASg/207kfetnMOw/s400/The_Joy_Of_Sect1.jpg)

Na na na na na na na na LEADER!!!!

Sorry Snoop, couldnt resist poking a little more fun! Fair play to you for having an open mind. But maybe best stay away from crazy cults in future mate!

LOL. That is EXACTLY what it was like man.

But truth be told, if you go through one of those things and come out unaffected, you'll be the most confident mofo on the block. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
JD
post Oct 20 2010, 11:50 AM
Post #12

First Ballot

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 1,262

QUOTE (Snoop @ Oct 20 2010, 10:55 AM) *
I guess I can't get my name unattached to the Pontoon, but the funnier thing is that you guys are the ones that can't get over it. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

And Fitz, the only reason JD had such an effect on it, it's because I respect the shit out of his opinion. Most of the other posters don't have that power, at least not for me.

Thanks, Snoop...that is good of you. Likewise on your opinion...except when it comes to that defunct pontoon. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/drinks.gif)

+Quote Post
Spyder
post Oct 20 2010, 12:08 PM
Post #13

The Prime Minista

Member No.: 3,850

QUOTE (JD @ Oct 20 2010, 12:50 PM) *
Thanks, Snoop...that is good of you. Likewise on your opinion...except when it comes to that defunct pontoon. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/drinks.gif)

He's already weakening you with his cult mind tricks...don't fall for it JD!

I'm onto you Snoop...

+Quote Post
Snoop
post Oct 20 2010, 02:26 PM
Post #14

Heavyweight

QUOTE (Spyder @ Oct 20 2010, 06:08 PM) *
He's already weakening you with his cult mind tricks...don't fall for it JD!

I'm onto you Snoop...

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

They actually tried to use something similar on me. LMAO.

But all jokes aside, before the Pontoon, I didn't really know many of the posters. I feel that in both fighting with and fighting against posters through that whole thing, I came out knowing you mofos for the better. (No cult talk, seriously) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/drinks.gif)

+Quote Post
Spyder
post Oct 20 2010, 03:46 PM
Post #15

The Prime Minista

I'm glad you didn't fall victim to that cult shit, Snoop. It's pretty wild that you can make money from just talking bullshit about life.

I could get into something like that...

"Alright class, the name of this program is called...How not to live like a foreigner...

Step one: Be better than everybody else.
Step two: Don't take no shit from no one
Step three: Kick ass and take names
Step four: Get paid for being great at something
Step five: Accept the pussy donations for being a badass
Step six: Repeat steps one through five until you retire a rich American"

Who wants to sign up for my...eh hmm...seminar?

+Quote Post
Warlord
post Oct 20 2010, 09:59 PM
Post #16

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 10,313

I'm actually worshipped in some parts of the world. So I guess, in a way, I'm sort of a cult leader.

It all happened one day when I was piloting my one-man aircraft through some of the more remote parts of the region, when my aircraft went down. Miraculously, I was uninjured, and the native population was soon upon me.

To them, it was as if I had descended from the heavens on steel wings, like an eagle from the sky. My white skin and pleasing countenance so differed from their brutish appearance, that they immediately assumed me to be some sort of God.

Were I a stronger, or moral man, I might have dissuaded their predisposed convictions. But, alas, I am not. And did not. The knaves, the poor plodding brutes, served me as best they could; providing me with the finest (relatively speaking) delicacies, and regaled me with some of the local tradition and folklore. The cold evenings were spent reveling in the arms of their finest virgin beauties.

They have no name for me. I am quite beyond the ken of man. To them, I am simply known as "He."

The name of their land is "His land."

Their name, "His people."

Many moons have passed since I last stepped foot onto my land. And I often wonder what became of my people. For shame, a pity, that I should have chosen to return to the "real world." But the story of my people shall live on. With you.

Good day.

+Quote Post
Snoop
post Oct 21 2010, 02:26 AM
Post #17

Heavyweight

QUOTE (Spyder @ Oct 20 2010, 09:46 PM) *
I'm glad you didn't fall victim to that cult shit, Snoop. It's pretty wild that you can make money from just talking bullshit about life.

That's basically it. I mean they had this dumbass 24 yr old girl believing she could make $1 million in one year and open an orphanage in Africa. They just try to propagate this idea that you're unstoppable, you can achieve anything, you can live your dreams, etc. It's kind of sad actually, seeing how desperate people will get to achieve what they created as "happiness".

But that shit definitely fucked with my head. Apparently the creators of "The Matrix" took this shit and I fucking believe it. I think they made a goddamn movie about it. Now I get paranoid that EVERYTHING is a fucking Matrix and keep contemplating on these endless existential debates of whether or not we can ever escape one.

If anything, I learned about people, how they can be exploited in vulnerable points of their life/personality, and most importantly, about how if you can recognize the system, you can manipulate it to your advantage. Yeah, I think that's the thing that scares me most.

+Quote Post
Snoop
post Oct 21 2010, 02:35 AM
Post #18

Heavyweight

Chuck Palahniuk, the author of "Fight Club", also took this course. You can definitely see parallels of this program in the movie.

+Quote Post
The Ollie Reed F...
post Oct 21 2010, 04:17 AM
Post #19

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 7,287

QUOTE (Snoop @ Oct 20 2010, 10:55 AM) *
Unless you guys have gone through this type of shit, you can only speak from a point of speculation. Granted, I'm at 26 year old kid still unsure of the world, and I'll be the first to admit there's still shit I haven't figured out in my life, but I was still able to see beyond this thing. It's not that the other people are weak, it's that the people are at a weak point in their life. Truth be told, if I didn't have boxing and meditation in my life, I might have ended up like one of these quacky fucks.

Surely you mean boxing and medication Snoop? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post
Spyder
post Oct 21 2010, 05:57 AM
Post #20

The Prime Minista

QUOTE (Snoop @ Oct 21 2010, 03:26 AM) *
most importantly, about how if you can recognize the system, you can manipulate it to your advantage.

That's the fucking gospel man!

People call it The Game...that name is probably THE perfect description for life. Everything is a game...a puzzle...all you have to do is figure out how to play it.

+Quote Post

5 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2014 - 12:10 PM