5 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Landmark Education, One of the scariest things I've done in my life
Guest_Fitz_*
post Oct 21 2010, 07:25 PM
Post #31

Guests

QUOTE (Snoop @ Oct 22 2010, 11:02 AM) *
It's a good intro into that world, but if you REALLY wanna get into it, check out "The Blueprint" by Tyler Durden. It's a video you can probably torrent. That shit is intense.

I will definitely check it out. Is "The Blueprint" a book as well as a video? Or just a video? Will download it, maybe tonight, lol.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Snoop
post Oct 21 2010, 09:12 PM
Post #32

Heavyweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 87

QUOTE (Fitz @ Oct 22 2010, 01:25 AM) *
I will definitely check it out. Is "The Blueprint" a book as well as a video? Or just a video? Will download it, maybe tonight, lol.

Nah it's just a video. Be warned, the thing is over 20 hrs long, but again, it depends on how much you want to get into it. There's a good book that addresses similar things called "Secrets of the Alpha Male" by Carlos Xuma. I think it can be downloaded as well.

It all depends on what you're looking for. If you just want lines and dialogues, there's books like "The Game", "Mystery Method" or "Attraction is not a choice", but if you want to go deeper as to why those things work, I would check out things like Blueprint or anything by RSD.

And yes, I realize that I look like a pathetic nut throughout this entire thread. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

This post has been edited by Snoop: Oct 21 2010, 09:13 PM

+Quote Post
Guest_Fitz_*
post Oct 21 2010, 11:02 PM
Post #33

Guests

QUOTE (Snoop @ Oct 22 2010, 01:12 PM) *
Nah it's just a video. Be warned, the thing is over 20 hrs long, but again, it depends on how much you want to get into it. There's a good book that addresses similar things called "Secrets of the Alpha Male" by Carlos Xuma. I think it can be downloaded as well.

It all depends on what you're looking for. If you just want lines and dialogues, there's books like "The Game", "Mystery Method" or "Attraction is not a choice", but if you want to go deeper as to why those things work, I would check out things like Blueprint or anything by RSD.

And yes, I realize that I look like a pathetic nut throughout this entire thread. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

Is that the one by Neil Strauss or something? Read that a few years ago, definitely interesting, and I thought it was a good read.

+Quote Post
Snoop
post Oct 22 2010, 12:12 AM
Post #34

Heavyweight

QUOTE (Fitz @ Oct 22 2010, 04:02 AM) *
Is that the one by Neil Strauss or something? Read that a few years ago, definitely interesting, and I thought it was a good read.

Yeah that's the one. He later came out with one called "Master the Game in 30 days" which composed of daily challenges you had to carried out within a month, or whatever pace you chose. Now THAT was fucking fun and challenging. That later led to this PUA group which sells DVDs and other seminars for hundreds of dollars. I never really looked into them but I wouldn't doubt that they use similar tactics of Landmark. The guy who made Blueprint (he used to live in the same house as Neil Strauss) DEFINITELY took Landmark as he uses almost the exact same terminology, but his shit is less sales like and just more about helping people.

+Quote Post
Guest_Fitz_*
post Oct 22 2010, 12:43 AM
Post #35

Guests

By the way, I scrolled up. Is blueprint about life situations? Or what 'The Game' was about (a pickup artist)?

I was responding to Spyder originally and was commenting on the Dale Carnegie book (though I think you thought I was talking about "The Game"). If so, doesn't matter, cause it will probably still be interesting to watch. I am reading the Carnegie book currently, but haven't read it in a while. I read "The Game" years ago. Though haven't read the 30 day one you mentioned. Is it worth picking up?
I think I thought blueprint was a different type of video, as I was talking about the Dale Carnegie book, but I will download it anyways.

This post has been edited by Fitz: Oct 22 2010, 12:46 AM

+Quote Post
Snoop
post Oct 22 2010, 02:34 AM
Post #36

Heavyweight

QUOTE (Fitz @ Oct 22 2010, 05:43 AM) *
By the way, I scrolled up. Is blueprint about life situations? Or what 'The Game' was about (a pickup artist)?

I was responding to Spyder originally and was commenting on the Dale Carnegie book (though I think you thought I was talking about "The Game"). If so, doesn't matter, cause it will probably still be interesting to watch. I am reading the Carnegie book currently, but haven't read it in a while. I read "The Game" years ago. Though haven't read the 30 day one you mentioned. Is it worth picking up?
I think I thought blueprint was a different type of video, as I was talking about the Dale Carnegie book, but I will download it anyways.

Ah, I see. Well "The Game in 30 Days" is kind of like Dale Carnegie in action. Actually both Landmark and The Game take principles from Dale Carnegie. It's all the same shit really. Look people in the eye, use their name, compliment something they're wearing, etc. What I noticed after I started picking up women, getting numbers n crap, is that ALL my social interactions started to improve, from getting free shit to business relationships. The 30 day challenge is pretty fun, as long as your up for potentially humiliating yourself once in a while.

The Blueprint is like deep identity topics. For instance, when you start doing the routines or whatever, you'll find these things called "sticking points", which are situations or routines that you can't execute and you can't really figure out why. Usually it's tied to some trauma that happened in your past or some unconscious messaging that's been communicated through societal norms. The Blueprint is based on a concept of self-actualization, pretty much making the mind aware of the self and learning how to operate from the self rather than the ego (which is based on external forces). I mean I hope you're not just fucking with me to expose how much of a geek I am, but in all truth that shit is a complete mind fuck if you're really into those kind of things.

+Quote Post
Spyder
post Oct 22 2010, 05:18 AM
Post #37

The Prime Minista

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 3,850

QUOTE (Snoop @ Oct 22 2010, 03:34 AM) *
Ah, I see. Well "The Game in 30 Days" is kind of like Dale Carnegie in action. Actually both Landmark and The Game take principles from Dale Carnegie. It's all the same shit really. Look people in the eye, use their name, compliment something they're wearing, etc. What I noticed after I started picking up women, getting numbers n crap, is that ALL my social interactions started to improve, from getting free shit to business relationships. The 30 day challenge is pretty fun, as long as your up for potentially humiliating yourself once in a while.

The Blueprint is like deep identity topics. For instance, when you start doing the routines or whatever, you'll find these things called "sticking points", which are situations or routines that you can't execute and you can't really figure out why. Usually it's tied to some trauma that happened in your past or some unconscious messaging that's been communicated through societal norms. The Blueprint is based on a concept of self-actualization, pretty much making the mind aware of the self and learning how to operate from the self rather than the ego (which is based on external forces). I mean I hope you're not just fucking with me to expose how much of a geek I am, but in all truth that shit is a complete mind fuck if you're really into those kind of things.

That sounds like some Karen Horney shit. She came up with the "real" self vs the "ideal" self philosophy. You might find her interesting.

I subscribe to some of her things...mainly the one I mentioned...but I'm more of a Behaviorist with Humanistic tendancies. B.F. Skinner, Carl Rogers, Abraham Maslow...those guys will open your mind to why people do what they do. Fuck Freud and his every boy wants to secretly kill his father and fuck his mother philosophy. Life experiences is where it's at.

+Quote Post
Snoop
post Oct 22 2010, 11:05 AM
Post #38

Heavyweight

QUOTE (Fitz @ Oct 22 2010, 10:36 AM) *
The Game was the only book I have read of that kind, but I enjoyed the book. I have basically liked a lot of things of the mind/behaviour of people. I am a very observant person, and like to watch how people act. If I'm out eating somewhere or something, I may glance at tables or something, watch people and try guess what type of person they are, or the type of relationship people have, lol. People enjoy watching the discovery and watching animals in the wild and how they behave. You can have that when ever you like, with humans, lol. Just listening to people is part of it, you can sometimes tell more about someone by other things.
Nah, I wasn't fucking with you, I have just been interested in anything involving mind and behaviour. I read a book on body language, I think I mentioned some where recently, that I was reading a book on optimistic and pessimistic people.
The other book that I read was a book on losing weight. I didn't need to lose weight at the time, and it was designed for really overweight people. But I think it is good for anyone, regardless of size. If people are interested in this type of thing. It was called "The Gabriel Method", and it's principle is that diets don't work because when you diet, you are depriving yourself of food and your body treats it as a famine. You train yourself to want to eat the right foods, because you want to. A diet doesn't do that, as it feels like you deprive yourself and body thinks it's in starvation. I don't know if it works or not, as I haven't put it in practice, though I eventually will take some parts out of it. But definitely at least interesting.
Something like this will probably explain it better.

http://www.everydiet.org/diet/gabriel-method

After I started doing this whole "Game" thing, I started noticing ALOT about human behavior. I mean you can pretty much gauge a person's level of confidence simply from the way they stand. But there are these things called IOI's (Indicators of Interest), which are "indicators" of when a girl has been hooked by the conversation (the hook point). Then there's this concept of "kino escalation" where you pinpoint the exact moment of when to start using physical touch to "escalate" the interaction. I mean all of this is tied to academic studies of how human touch affects communication. I think there was one study where they asked someone a question and it was statistically significant that more people answered "yes" when the tester touched their arm while asking the question. I know I sound like a super creepy guy now. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

There's another book, "Never Be Lied to Again" which is a great resource to read people's intentions by looking in their eyes. I mean for me the goal was to be a better overall communicator and develop a sense of bullshit in people's behavior, and hey, if you can get laid once in a while in the process, why the fuck not right? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

That sounds like some Karen Horney shit. She came up with the "real" self vs the "ideal" self philosophy. You might find her interesting.

I subscribe to some of her things...mainly the one I mentioned...but I'm more of a Behaviorist with Humanistic tendancies. B.F. Skinner, Carl Rogers, Abraham Maslow...those guys will open your mind to why people do what they do. Fuck Freud and his every boy wants to secretly kill his father and fuck his mother philosophy. Life experiences is where it's at.

Thanks man, I'll check her out, along with the other guys you mentioned. It sounds like you're pretty knowledgeable in this type of thing. All the shit that I'm reading/watching/doing is based off these scholars you mentioned.

This post has been edited by Snoop: Oct 22 2010, 11:12 AM

+Quote Post
Spyder
post Oct 22 2010, 12:45 PM
Post #39

The Prime Minista

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 3,850

QUOTE (Snoop @ Oct 22 2010, 12:05 PM) *
After I started doing this whole "Game" thing, I started noticing ALOT about human behavior. I mean you can pretty much gauge a person's level of confidence simply from the way they stand. But there are these things called IOI's (Indicators of Interest), which are "indicators" of when a girl has been hooked by the conversation (the hook point). Then there's this concept of "kino escalation" where you pinpoint the exact moment of when to start using physical touch to "escalate" the interaction. I mean all of this is tied to academic studies of how human touch affects communication. I think there was one study where they asked someone a question and it was statistically significant that more people answered "yes" when the tester touched their arm while asking the question. I know I sound like a super creepy guy now. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

There's another book, "Never Be Lied to Again" which is a great resource to read people's intentions by looking in their eyes. I mean for me the goal was to be a better overall communicator and develop a sense of bullshit in people's behavior, and hey, if you can get laid once in a while in the process, why the fuck not right? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

Thanks man, I'll check her out, along with the other guys you mentioned. It sounds like you're pretty knowledgeable in this type of thing. All the shit that I'm reading/watching/doing is based off these scholars you mentioned.

Like I said earlier...at one point I was a psych major, but later changed it to my outside concentration when I realized that making TV was a lot more fun than listening to people bitch.

I still really enjoy the subject, but I didn't want to make it my career.

+Quote Post
Snoop
post Oct 22 2010, 01:11 PM
Post #40

Heavyweight

QUOTE (Spyder @ Oct 22 2010, 06:45 PM) *
Like I said earlier...at one point I was a psych major, but later changed it to my outside concentration when I realized that making TV was a lot more fun than listening to people bitch.

I still really enjoy the subject, but I didn't want to make it my career.

What is it that you do in TV bro?

+Quote Post

5 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2014 - 02:10 AM