Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Harry Brown, Finally saw it
Warlord
post Oct 19 2010, 11:58 PM
Post #1

Junior Middleweight

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 10,313

Heard about this film a year ago, and have been wanting to see it for awhile. Finally found a copy and watched it last night.

Anyone else see this film?

Overall it was a good film, well directed, and Michael Caine is at his best as always. (Get Carter is still his best action flick though, I reckon.)

I thought the film went a little too Hollywood at the end. I would've preferred it be more of a character piece, but whatever. Still a good flick.

My British buddy (from Clapham) remarked that this film accurately portrays some of the more violent aspects of England's youth culture.

I wanted to ask some of you guys living in England (Maxy, Roll Deep), have you seen this film, and if so, what are your thoughts about it?

(IMG:http://www.a1moviereviews.com/images/content/harry-brown-poster.jpg)

P.S. Hands down the best scene in the film is when Caine goes to buy the guns from those drug dealers. All three actors were incredible, the locale, the lighting, the soundtrack, everything was pitch perfect.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Maxy
post Oct 20 2010, 06:56 AM
Post #2

Born in England, Live in England, Die in England.

Member No.: 1,443

Yeah I saw it a while ago and it does depict quite accurately just how bad some of the shittier places have become in recent years. Obviously it's glorified a little bit but I thought it was a pretty good film.

I don't know if you've seen Eden Lake but I suggest you do. Excellent film, although it really wound me up!

+Quote Post
lloyd mayflower
post Oct 20 2010, 09:02 AM
Post #3

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 7,369

QUOTE (Maxy @ Oct 20 2010, 12:56 PM) *
Yeah I saw it a while ago and it does depict quite accurately just how bad some of the shittier places have become in recent years. Obviously it's glorified a little bit but I thought it was a pretty good film.

I don't know if you've seen Eden Lake but I suggest you do. Excellent film, although it really wound me up!

But not limited to the shittier places! Me and my mate at work were reading thru the paper the other day and every fuckin page is the same, some little ned (chav) cunt who has commited some horror crime against someone completely innocent just for the hell of it, and then got off scot-free.

We need more Harry Browns!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2014 - 11:33 AM