> Lesnar vs Velasquez
AussieLad
post Oct 20 2010, 04:06 AM
Post #1

Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 603

So who are you picking?

Despite picking Carwin to decapitate Lesnar, and eating humble pie... i think Velasquez will beat him. I think it could be a bit of a struggle in the first 2 rounds, but i feel Cains pace and wrestling will see him survive long enough to exhaust the behemoths gas tank.

Lesnar beat Carwin because shane gassed badly after battering Brock like a rag doll. Thats not going to happen vs Velasquez. Velasquez will beat him on his feet, and if he gets taken down, survive long enough to make it to the later rounds where he will crank up the pace.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
BigG
post Oct 20 2010, 08:12 AM
Post #2

Choppin Headz Boi!

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 19

Cain's way more skilled and is a better fighter but Brock has 60 pounds on him...I think Cain will TKO Brock in round 3 or 4. After a rough first round...

+Quote Post
lloyd mayflower
post Oct 20 2010, 08:32 AM
Post #3

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 7,369

After my disappontment at not seeing Carwin KO this fool, i'm once again rooting hard for Cain. I think he will do it. I think it might be a bit of a boring fight tho. Maybe not, dont really know a great deal about Cain. Only seen bits and pieces of him.

+Quote Post
Hittman25
post Oct 20 2010, 11:40 AM
Post #4

Flyweight

Member No.: 10,662

i seen it at the shane and brock fight wen cain was in the audience....he looked scared of both shane and brock.......brock by tko

+Quote Post
pcraw
post Oct 20 2010, 01:25 PM
Post #5

The Talent

Member No.: 6,158

Give me Cain. He looked the way he always looks when they put a camera on him. Funny how Brock isn't catching any heat fro saying he's going to eat a burrito and drink a Corona after he whoop Cain's ass. Just saying...

+Quote Post
TheFonz
post Oct 20 2010, 02:49 PM
Post #6

Team BU fun boy that gets passed around...

Group: Banned
Member No.: 10,999

QUOTE (pcraw @ Oct 20 2010, 02:25 PM) *
Give me Cain. He looked the way he always looks when they put a camera on him. Funny how Brock isn't catching any heat fro saying he's going to eat a burrito and drink a Corona after he whoop Cain's ass. Just saying...

Brock is a prick, I can't wait until somebody puts it on him. I don't think Cain is the man to do it though.

+Quote Post
BrutalBodyShots
post Oct 20 2010, 08:52 PM
Post #7

ON the edge

Member No.: 240

I don't care much for Lesnar. I actually don't care for any abnormally big heavyweights, MMA or Boxing that get by on being a physical freak. I'll root for the guy 40-60 pounds lighter any day since he's got a huge hurdle to overcome.

+Quote Post
Warlord
post Oct 20 2010, 11:59 PM
Post #8

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 10,313

QUOTE (pcraw @ Oct 20 2010, 02:25 PM) *

He's catching shit for it over on Sherdog...

Anyway, I hate Lesnar and hope he gets another round of Diverticulitis. (Just kidding. Kind of.)

Like Aussielad, I was picking Carwin to decapitate Lesnar, and he almost did, until his pint-sized gas tank ran bone dry.

After that fight I said Brock would wipe his ass with Cain, because Cain is just too small. I'm standing by that pick, but I am PRAYING Cain can somehow survive.

The fighters to beat Brock are fighters with massive power or really technical stand-up. Cain has not really shown either, as far as I'm concerned. His strengths before were his ability to ground-and-pound his opponents over the course of a fight.

That shit ain't happening with that freak Brock Lesnar.

Brock will wear Cain out with his size and then finish him late.

And then we'll all be putting our faith in Junior Dos Santos, another undersized heavyweight, who at least has good enough stand-up to make things interesting.

+Quote Post
AussieLad
post Oct 21 2010, 04:29 AM
Post #9

Middleweight

Member No.: 603

Kurt Angle supposedly dominated lesnar in an unofficial wrestling match, with several high profile wrestlers watching. Was reading that in an interview with Kurt himself, in a fitness magazine. Kurt is significantly smaller than lesnar, so i dont believe size and brute strength can overcome skill in every wrestling match. Velasquez is a very good wrestler, and bigger and stronger than Couture who also didnt do too badly vs Brock when it came to grappling. Carwin was able to stuff Brocks take downs as well, while he still had some energy early in the first round, despite being a lower level than either Velasquez or Couture.

I honestly believe Velasquez will be able to dictate where this fight takes place, and that he will keep it on the feet. And if he can keep it on the feet, lesnars rudimentary strikng will be his downfall

+Quote Post
Warlord
post Oct 21 2010, 04:51 AM
Post #10

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 10,313

QUOTE (AussieLad @ Oct 21 2010, 04:29 AM) *
Kurt Angle supposedly dominated lesnar in an unofficial wrestling match, with several high profile wrestlers watching. Was reading that in an interview with Kurt himself, in a fitness magazine. Kurt is significantly smaller than lesnar, so i dont believe size and brute strength can overcome skill in every wrestling match. Velasquez is a very good wrestler, and bigger and stronger than Couture who also didnt do too badly vs Brock when it came to grappling. Carwin was able to stuff Brocks take downs as well, while he still had some energy early in the first round, despite being a lower level than either Velasquez or Couture.

I honestly believe Velasquez will be able to dictate where this fight takes place, and that he will keep it on the feet. And if he can keep it on the feet, lesnars rudimentary strikng will be his downfall

I hope you're right. Brock's just got that horseshoe shoved so far up his ass right now that I'm starting to fear that it may be awhile before he gets what's coming to him.

I mean, what other fighter comes into a fight after suffering from a serious infliction in his shitter, gets laid out and proceeds to curl up into the fetal position, LITERALLY, and somehow comes out on top with the 'W' at the end. I'm just baffled sometimes.

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 31st July 2014 - 07:00 PM