Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Lesnar vs Velasquez
The CEO
post Oct 23 2010, 10:39 PM
Post #21

SKULLSPLITTER

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,665

I got you, Snoop...check your PMs in a minute...
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
AussieLad
post Oct 25 2010, 05:13 AM
Post #22

Middleweight

Member No.: 603

QUOTE (EAlbian @ Oct 21 2010, 03:30 PM) *
You obviously have never actually wrestled then. I don't believe a word that comes out of Kurt Angles mouth. Lesnar is a more accomplished wrestler than valesquez and it will show in this fight. I am not all that impressed by anything Cain has done and would have liked to see him test himself against someone like Mir before getting a title shot. Brock will control this fight on the ground and pound out Cain. To beat someone like Brock you need to be atleast 6'2 and 235 with power and speed to catch him on his feet. Dos Santos has a shot but I wouldn't bet on it. Lesnar is a hard puzzle to crack, Overeem doesn't have the takedown defense to stop him and I think fedor is past his best days and again too small. I think lesnar holds this belt for a couple years but you never know who could come along

Smaller man beat Lesnar using wrestling to keep it on the feet... who woulda thunk it... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/drinks.gif)

+Quote Post
AussieLad
post Oct 25 2010, 05:31 AM
Post #23

Middleweight

QUOTE (AussieLad @ Oct 21 2010, 10:45 PM) *
Thats fine if you dont believe whatever Angle said in the article. I dont have it front of me to quote from, as i was being a cheap ass and reading a mag in the newsagents on my lunch break several months ago. And i can't say for certain that it was true, as i wasnt there. But what i can comment on is what i have seen from Brock in the ring. Brocks wrestling has only been all powerful against guys not known for their wrestling (Mir, Herring). When he has faced decent wrestlers (couture and carwin), the sheen has come off his one true skill a little bit. He's not an unstoppable force. Carwin stuffed his shot forcing him to exchange strikes (which went pretty badly for lesnar (IMG:style_emoticons/default/black eye.gif) ), and couture managed to wrestle him up against the fence with some success. If size was the only faactor in wrestling, it wouldnt have mattered how skilled randy's greco game was, he would have been thrown around like a rag doll... which didnt happen

Of course being a huge motherfucker is an advantage in wrestling, but i still dont believe it will win you every single match. Velasquez doesnt need to worry about brocks shit-house striking

Looking forward to the fight either way.

Oh wait... that was me that thunk it...

Better luck next time EAlbian

+Quote Post
EAlbian
post Oct 26 2010, 09:05 AM
Post #24

Team BU''s Little Play Thing...LOL

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 7,451

QUOTE (AussieLad @ Oct 25 2010, 05:31 AM) *
Oh wait... that was me that thunk it...

Better luck next time EAlbian

Can't Argue with the result, i thought more of Lesnar. Looks like he had a terrible game plan by rushing Cain right off the bat and throwing a flying knee. You were right though and i can't argue that. I wouldnt really say he out wrestled him i would say he outfought him. I also wrestled in from age 10-college on the highest national level and would take Lesnar over Angle any day of the week in a straight wrestling match whether it be Freestyle or Collegiate, but thats an argument for another time.

+Quote Post
AussieLad
post Oct 27 2010, 04:38 PM
Post #25

Middleweight

Just having a joke mate... hee hee heeeee

No worries (IMG:style_emoticons/default/friends.gif)

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 1st September 2014 - 04:38 AM