Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Sugar Ray Robinson vs Floyd Patterson
gravytrain
post Oct 21 2010, 01:32 PM
Post #1

Junior Middleweight

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 10,970

I was watching a video of Patterson training and they interviewed Cus, Cus said SRR was looking to fight Patterson but they weren't interested in the fight. Prime vs prime, who do you take?

I think Robinson could out work Patterson and get a decision.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
STEVENSKI
post Oct 21 2010, 06:39 PM
Post #2

Chief Haterizer

Member No.: 91

I think Patterson was too big for Ray & whilst not exactly a puncher at heavyweight if he was fighting at around 190 where he was comfortable I think he would have been too much for Ray. Pattersons losses by KO were all against either punchers or big men at heavyweight.

I think Floyd can bank enough rounds with his jab & size to win a decision & possibly stop Ray if he landed a big shot & followed up.

Ray is better at pretty much everything P4P but Floyd has the size & a good big man can usually beat a great little man especially considering Ray's prime was at 147.

+Quote Post
gravytrain
post Oct 21 2010, 07:39 PM
Post #3

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 10,970

I think Robinson had some serious balls for being willing to get in the ring while probably being 160 against a guy who would be at least 190. Not to mention jumping from middleweight to heavyweight. I think it could go either way, in my opinion Robinson would just be too fast for Patterson, and a prime Sugar could keep peppering him with jabs, moving around the ring, and landing power punches. I don't see Patterson being hurt by him, just being outpointed.

I really wish they made this fight back in the day lol.

+Quote Post
STEVENSKI
post Oct 21 2010, 08:26 PM
Post #4

Chief Haterizer

Member No.: 91

QUOTE (gravytrain @ Oct 22 2010, 11:39 AM) *
I think Robinson had some serious balls for being willing to get in the ring while probably being 160 against a guy who would be at least 190. Not to mention jumping from middleweight to heavyweight. I think it could go either way, in my opinion Robinson would just be too fast for Patterson, and a prime Sugar could keep peppering him with jabs, moving around the ring, and landing power punches. I don't see Patterson being hurt by him, just being outpointed.

I really wish they made this fight back in the day lol.

I can see your point of view but Floyd had middleweight hand speed & Robinson was a 147 fighter at his peak. P4P it is no contest but in actuality I think Floyd would be just too big physically although they were similar in size Floyd had a bigger frame.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th April 2014 - 09:18 PM