IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

7 Pages V  « < 5 6 7  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> UFC 121, News, Results, Discussions, etc...
Warlord
post Oct 24 2010, 04:02 AM
Post #61

Junior Middleweight

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 10,313

(IMG:http://i52.tinypic.com/2nkigc9.jpg)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
BigG
post Oct 24 2010, 05:38 AM
Post #62

Choppin Headz Boi!

Member No.: 19

IMO Shields ain't touching Anderson..his stand up was horrible. He was throwing some truly sissy punches in there.

+Quote Post
Warlord
post Oct 24 2010, 06:54 AM
Post #63

Junior Middleweight

QUOTE (BigG @ Oct 24 2010, 06:38 AM) *
IMO Shields ain't touching Anderson..his stand up was horrible. He was throwing some truly sissy punches in there.

Chael Sonnen ain't exactly a wrecking machine on his feet either.

Neither were Daiju Takase and Ryo Chonan, the last 2 guys to smoke Anderson.

Silva's achilles hill is the ground game, and has been for a long time.

+Quote Post
kidbazooka1
post Oct 24 2010, 05:26 PM
Post #64

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 1,319

QUOTE (Warlord @ Oct 24 2010, 06:54 AM) *
Chael Sonnen ain't exactly a wrecking machine on his feet either.

Neither were Daiju Takase and Ryo Chonan, the last 2 guys to smoke Anderson.

Silva's achilles hill is the ground game, and has been for a long time.

War you are soemthing else bro when it comes to Anderson i think you let the hate blind your better judgment.

Shields won't do sh*t againt Anderson his wrestling ain't sh*t compared to that of a roided up Sonnen and he would get wrecked brutaly on his feet.

+Quote Post
Snoop
post Oct 24 2010, 08:55 PM
Post #65

Heavyweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 87

QUOTE (Warlord @ Oct 24 2010, 10:02 AM) *

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post
Warlord
post Oct 24 2010, 09:07 PM
Post #66

Junior Middleweight

QUOTE (kidbazooka1 @ Oct 24 2010, 05:26 PM) *
War you are soemthing else bro when it comes to Anderson i think you let the hate blind your better judgment.

Shields won't do sh*t againt Anderson his wrestling ain't sh*t compared to that of a roided up Sonnen and he would get wrecked brutaly on his feet.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) Knew you'd respond to that one.

I think Shields has a better ground game than Sonnen, namely because he can submit guys and avoid submissions on the ground, things Sonnen quite clearly can't do.

Silva would wreck Shields standing, no doubt, but I don't think Shields would be dumb enough to bang with Anderson, and he won't be careless enough or inept enough to get caught in a triangle at the end either.

+Quote Post
AussieLad
post Oct 25 2010, 05:28 AM
Post #67

Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 603

Shields is better at wrestling than Sonnen. His conditioning however is shithouse

I'm not surprised that Velasquez beat lesnar, however the manner in which he did it was surprising. As i said before, Lesnars wrestling only seemed all powerful versus guys with poor wrestling. When he has met decent wrestlers in the cage, he hasnt been able to take them down and control them in a way you would expect from such an accomplished wrestler and athletic behemoth that he is. If he cant take down a better striker he is fucked. He almost got fucked vs Carwin, and he got raped vs Velasquez.

I think Brock turning his head is more of a reflection that he is a baby in the sport, as opposed to his fighting instincts. Give him time to iron that shit out and he will be fine. Brock needs to concentrate on 2 things. Boxing and wrestling. No doubt he has been spending time bringing things up to par with his striking and submissions. Sometimes when guys do that, they forget what got them this far in the first place. Wrestling should always be the main focus, he doesnt have the technique or hips for kicking so forget that shit, knees dont require as much balance or flexibility so continue to work on them, and spend all your spare time boxing.

The only guy i can see testing Velasquez is Carwin. And even then, its a case of surviving the first round then pounding the shit out of an exhausted Hulk. Roy Nelson exposed Dos Santos a bit in the striking dept. His power isnt as great as Carwins, and big country had him trying to shoot for the take down which says alot about how discouraged he had him

This post has been edited by AussieLad: Oct 25 2010, 05:32 AM

+Quote Post

7 Pages V  « < 5 6 7
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th July 2014 - 06:49 AM