Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Bradley VS Alexander, Who you picking and why
PR316
post Jan 10 2011, 10:22 PM
Post #11

Super Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 107

Its a difficult one to call, really. Both guys have flaws and both have potential.

My head is saying Bradley in a close one but I won't be betting on it.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Mean Mister Must...
post Jan 10 2011, 11:02 PM
Post #12

Cruiserweight

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 1,333

Alexander's best punch in this fight will be his right jab. Bradley will have to adapt from throwing lead overhand rights, to straight rights, which is what Kotelnik nailed Alexander with all night. His other weapon will be that big shiny bowling ball he calls a head.

+Quote Post
JLUVBABY
post Jan 10 2011, 11:58 PM
Post #13

Light Heavyweight

Member No.: 4,447

this should be a solid matchup... i give the edge to bradley... actually i think he will win pretty easily (easier than some may be thinking).. i think in time bradley may prove to be an a list fighter... for who ever it was that called them both over rated???... i dont get that comment... i dont think anyone on this site has made either out to be the next greatest... i personally feel bradley has shown what i believe to be the making of a very good fighter... devon also i think win or lose will be a very solid fighter capable of beating most in the division... im looking for clarifacation to the over rated comment... lol...

+Quote Post
kidbazooka1
post Jan 11 2011, 12:19 AM
Post #14

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 1,319

I know most ppl here are big on Bradley i personaly am not sold on him.

Bradley is one of those fighters thats good as everything but great at nothing. I know some might disagree with me but i think Alexander is the more talented of the two. I like Alexander and evene thought he looked like sh*t against Kotlenik i think Alexander will rise to the ocassion on this one and take a close but well deserved UD win.

+Quote Post
JLUVBABY
post Jan 11 2011, 12:44 AM
Post #15

Light Heavyweight

Member No.: 4,447

QUOTE (kidbazooka1 @ Jan 10 2011, 11:19 PM) *
I know most ppl here are big on Bradley i personaly am not sold on him.

Bradley is one of those fighters thats good as everything but great at nothing. I know some might disagree with me but i think Alexander is the more talented of the two. I like Alexander and evene thought he looked like sh*t against Kotlenik i think Alexander will rise to the ocassion on this one and take a close but well deserved UD win.

i respect your opinion and you very well could be right bazook.... but what i see in bradley is a fighter that has shown he can get up from a serious knock down and come back and dominate... he has shown signs of a fighter, in my opinion, that knows how to rise to the occasion in a big fight atmosphere... you are right bradley is not the hardest puncher, but he has enough power to be respected... i think he is capable of boxing just as good as alexander can when he wants to... i dont know man i just feel alexander is a few fights away from competing on this stage against the elite... and i could be wrong but i think bradley is ready right now to challenge the better fighters of the welterweight division... the berto's, pacs and mayweathers.. i think he's a legit fight for all 3 of those guys... i cant say that for alexander just yet... and its very well possible alexander had an off night last time out but if its true you are only as good as your last fight then alexander is in for a long painful night...

+Quote Post
The Original MrF...
post Jan 11 2011, 01:15 AM
Post #16

Super Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,309

QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ Jan 11 2011, 12:44 AM) *
i respect your opinion and you very well could be right bazook.... but what i see in bradley is a fighter that has shown he can get up from a serious knock down and come back and dominate... he has shown signs of a fighter, in my opinion, that knows how to rise to the occasion in a big fight atmosphere... you are right bradley is not the hardest puncher, but he has enough power to be respected... i think he is capable of boxing just as good as alexander can when he wants to... i dont know man i just feel alexander is a few fights away from competing on this stage against the elite... and i could be wrong but i think bradley is ready right now to challenge the better fighters of the welterweight division... the berto's, pacs and mayweathers.. i think he's a legit fight for all 3 of those guys... i cant say that for alexander just yet... and its very well possible alexander had an off night last time out but if its true you are only as good as your last fight then alexander is in for a long painful night...

Good post. I agree with you on that... Bradley is a tough little guy. I see him as a legit threat at 140-147 for the next few years.

+Quote Post
BigG
post Jan 11 2011, 01:48 AM
Post #17

Choppin Headz Boi!

Member No.: 19

I think Bradley is gonna win but it will be great competitive fight but clearly Bradley.

+Quote Post
Guest_ViperSniper_*
post Jan 11 2011, 02:51 AM
Post #18

Guests

This is a great match-up with both fighters having so much to gain from this fight, as it will possibly set the path for the rest of their career. I think both a very solid fighters so far in their careers & both will have success after this fight imo. Both fighters are close in terms of skills & what they bring inside the ring but overall feel Bradley is a pinch more complete. Bradley has shared his many big plans for after this fight which may be overlooking, but I think this case will be an exception. Not to be taken badly, I feel Bradley already believes he is a star in boxing as he appears to have this attitude about him that will give him this victory and others after it.

This is the biggest, most important fight at 140 since Tszyu-Judah with both young respected fighters putting their belts n 0's on the line. This is how boxing should be...can't wait for this one (IMG:style_emoticons/default/thumbsup_anim.gif)

+Quote Post
salvador
post Jan 11 2011, 07:26 AM
Post #19

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 1,307

QUOTE (The Original MrFactor @ Jan 10 2011, 09:49 PM) *
Bradley would have beaten a pre Tszyu, Judah. Judah as of late isnt really all that different from back then. Tszyu just pointed out the obvious. Bradley is a tough dude who doesnt wilt under adversity. When i've seen him knocked down, he gets up and cranks up his activity rate. The only hang up I have with Bradley is his punching power. If Bradley had mustard on his punches, his name would be Manny Pacquiao. Their styles are similar in that, at times they throw caution to the wind and just bombard their opponents with non stop punches. The difference is that Bradley is much better defensively than Pacquiao.

I think Judah, pre Tszyu, was too fast and too strong and too confident for Bradley. Tszyu ruined him with one punch. I don't think Bradley would have thrown that punch and I don't think Bradley could have stayed away from that uppercut for 12 rounds. Hopefully in the future we'll see a post-Tszyu/Cotto/Clottey/Baldomir Judah in with Bradley for comparison. I'd still take Judah over Bradley at this point - though I readily admit I could be very wrong. Just a hunch.

Bradley's skills are all solid, but he lacks power and he doesn't have any one dominating weapon that controls fights like a killer jab to make up for it.

This post has been edited by salvador: Jan 11 2011, 07:27 AM

+Quote Post
caneman
post Jan 11 2011, 08:21 PM
Post #20

Amateur

Member No.: 1,310

QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Jan 11 2011, 07:45 PM) *
If what you say about Judah's uppercut is true then Bradley will have similar trouble with Alexander, who has an excellent and powerful uppercut. I stated before that because of Bradley's lean forward style and tendency to throw looping punches at times Alexander may be able to get him out of there.

That said, Team Alexander's continuous droning about his Kotelnik fiasco being a blessing in disguise and the only reason that Bradley took the fight, suggests weakness, IMO. "Devon had to do all the marketing. Devon this, Devon that . . . wah, wah, wah."

Maybe I'm missing something but I don't hear Team Bradley whining like that.

Bradley ain't going to either, he will handle business in the ring with his hands and will win @ least 8-4 if not better IMO!

+Quote Post

10 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th August 2014 - 06:33 PM