Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

10 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Bradley VS Alexander, Who you picking and why
Guest_Fitz_*
post Jan 11 2011, 09:10 PM
Post #21

Guests

My brother said that he read Bradley state that the only way for him to get a Mayweather or Pacquiao fight is for him to get past Khan first. Hahaha. That is the worst, he is in a fight with Alexander, and already talking about having to fight Khan in order to fight Pacquiao or Mayweather. He is like 3 steps ahead and seems to be disregarding the fight with Alexander.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
JLUVBABY
post Jan 11 2011, 09:18 PM
Post #22

Light Heavyweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,447

QUOTE (Fitz @ Jan 11 2011, 08:10 PM) *
My brother said that he read Bradley state that the only way for him to get a Mayweather or Pacquiao fight is for him to get past Khan first. Hahaha. That is the worst, he is in a fight with Alexander, and already talking about having to fight Khan in order to fight Pacquiao or Mayweather. He is like 3 steps ahead and seems to be disregarding the fight with Alexander.

ive very openly predicted bradly to win this pretty clear but if he is looking past this fight it all of a sudden becomes a lot closer... im sure hes just confident not over confident.. but if he is its gonan be fun to see how he deals with adversity in a close fight cuzz thats what it'll be..

+Quote Post
Lil-lightsout
post Jan 11 2011, 10:45 PM
Post #23

Light Heavyweight

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 3,047

This should be a good competitive fight. I think too many people are sleeping on Devon because of his last fight. I expect to see a very sharp fight from both guys. I am already on the Bradley bandwagon, and I think he will have his hands full come fight night. I do see Bradley winning in the end though. If Alexander does get the win, then he deserves a ton of credit and no one should try and rip on Bradley and say he was over rated or some shit like that.

+Quote Post
The Ollie Reed F...
post Jan 12 2011, 03:15 AM
Post #24

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 7,287

Everything for me points to Bradley. I think he has the better resume, the better chin, the better technique, and so on that note..................I'm picking Alexander on nothing but a hunch.

I can't even disuss the technical reasons. Just a gut feel. It should be a good fight but it will be somewhat of a chess match, not a fireworks kinda fight. Probably one for the purists and hardcore fans.

Like an inferior version of Mayweather/Spinks if they had ever fought.

+Quote Post
lloyd mayflower
post Jan 12 2011, 10:34 AM
Post #25

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 7,369

Consensus seems to be that Bradley will take this, any strong feelings on who you guys want to win? I only ask cos despite leaning slightly towards Bradley winning it, I really hope Devon pulls it out. Simply because I have a dislike for Bradley.

+Quote Post
JLUVBABY
post Jan 12 2011, 10:39 AM
Post #26

Light Heavyweight

Member No.: 4,447

QUOTE (lloyd mayflower @ Jan 12 2011, 09:34 AM) *
Consensus seems to be that Bradley will take this, any strong feelings on who you guys want to win? I only ask cos despite leaning slightly towards Bradley winning it, I really hope Devon pulls it out. Simply because I have a dislike for Bradley.

im picking bradley only because i think he is the better prepared fighter right now as far as being able to progress farther off of a win.. i feel like devon still has a little maturing to do... i like watching both of them...

This post has been edited by JLUVBABY: Jan 12 2011, 10:45 AM

+Quote Post
EAlbian
post Jan 12 2011, 10:44 AM
Post #27

Team BU''s Little Play Thing...LOL

Member No.: 7,451

QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Jan 12 2011, 07:20 AM) *
I agree, LL. If Alexander pulls this off it should not reflect overly negatively on Bradley and Devon's stock should spike.

Hunches are great when you are playing for toothpicks.

Alexander got schooled by an admittedly excellent pro (Kotelnik) who had recently been lacerated by Khan. Devon has spent a lot of time defeating decent competition that had recently been defeated by someone else. Remind you of anyone?

Bradley aint one of those guys, though he has not been active enough lately. Take a good look at Tim's record. It is difficult to pick against him at 140 on anything but "a hunch," IMO.

I agree Bradley is the man at 140, right now. I think this is an excellent fight. 4 of Alexanders last 5 fights he was fighting opponents coming off of wins, who should he have been fighting?? You can also make an argument as to how opponents that Bradley had faced have fared in the following fight(Holt/Campbell), maybe he caught these guys at the right time? Anyways there are a bunch of excuses you can make either way but as i see it these are the two best young American champions facing each other in the very near to their primes before either has tasted defeat. I'm very excited for this fight. I think that bradley rushing in with his head down and looping round punches might spell disaster, but i can also see his work rate and foot speed being a problem for Alexander.. Only one can win and all the questions will be answer come 1/29.. This is why i love boxing

+Quote Post
EAlbian
post Jan 12 2011, 12:10 PM
Post #28

Team BU''s Little Play Thing...LOL

Member No.: 7,451

QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Jan 12 2011, 11:31 AM) *
Don't get me wrong, I am looking forward to this fight. It can go either way.

What I was talking about when commenting on Alexander's recent opponents is that he has been fighting dudes that have been defeated in the 12 months prior to him fighting them almost his whole career and for all of his previous 6 fights. Meanwhile you have to go back 8 fights to find the same situation with Bradley.

For Team Alexander to suggest that Bradley would not have taken the fight if Devon had blown out Kotelnik is a straight up insult with no basis in reality.

A decent argument can be made that Kotelnik was a far tougher opponent than Abregu. Doesn't change the facts that Abregu was an undefeated Welter and Kotelnik had recently been sliced and diced by Khan.

Bradley is seasoned. He is tough and rough. He reminds me of a smaller version of Ward. But, it won't hurt my feelings if this is a true coming out party for Alexander. Bradley is one of those that annoy me with their religion on their sleeves.

Still got to go with Bradley.

I see where you are coming from. Although Urango's loss came from Berto, a fight where he moved up to welterweight and it was almost a foregone conclusion that berto would win, before that he hadn't lost in 2 years. Alexander destroyed him, i hold this win in high regard(knocking out a man with an iron chin). Witter's loss came from Bradley in a close fight and again Alexander destroyed him. Bradley has some good wins with Cherry and Holt but he was dropped hard in the Holt fight and we saw how holt preformed after that fight. Bradleys best performance imo is the Peterson fight and i think that win helps him the most in preparation for the Alexander fight. Bradley has somewhat been there before and Alexander hasn't, this is where great fighters come from and i see some of those tangible qualities in Alexander, i just don't know for sure if he's the goods(the eyes and intelligence we see in fighters like Robinson, Ali, Leonard, Mayweather). here's his shot. I guess what it comes down to is imo Alexander has the potential to be great where as i don't necessarily see those traits in Bradley, you have a really good fighter against a potentially great fighter.

+Quote Post
gravytrain
post Jan 12 2011, 03:19 PM
Post #29

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 10,970

I think this will be a good fight but think Bradley will get a clear decision. It's going to be nice to have a fight like this too, I've been looking forward to it since it's announced.

+Quote Post
Guest_Fitz_*
post Jan 12 2011, 03:53 PM
Post #30

Guests

QUOTE (The Ollie Reed Fan Club @ Jan 12 2011, 07:15 PM) *
Everything for me points to Bradley. I think he has the better resume, the better chin, the better technique, and so on that note..................I'm picking Alexander on nothing but a hunch.

I can't even disuss the technical reasons. Just a gut feel. It should be a good fight but it will be somewhat of a chess match, not a fireworks kinda fight. Probably one for the purists and hardcore fans.

Like an inferior version of Mayweather/Spinks if they had ever fought.

I agree with you Ollie. To be honest, for me, based on what I seen and resume, I should be picking Bradley in a close one. But I just can't pick him confidently. Something keeps drawing me to Alexander. Could go either way, but like you, something keeps stopping me from picking Bradley and I keep getting drawn to Alexander. Not by much though, very close, like a bees dick.
I just don't know who to pick. I was telling my brother that this is one of those fights where I will probably pick a winner the moment I both see them in the ring in the stare down just before the opening bell. Just to see the demeanour and attitude of both.
I also agree with you about it being a fight for the purists and hardcore fans. I don't think it will be boring, I think there will be some action. Just not expecting a FOTY type of fight.

+Quote Post

10 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2014 - 01:38 PM