Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Any of you guys ever been to Cuba???, or Dominican Republic
lloyd mayflower
post Jan 17 2011, 01:19 PM
Post #1

Junior Middleweight

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 7,369

Starting to think about getting my summer holidays booked up. This one will be with the g.f so I was lookin at the above destinations. None of my mates have been to either so I need to seek information elsewhere.
Cuba is my preffered option. Been looking at the Cayos and Varadero.
As for the Dom Rep, well I know nothing really so anything anyone knows would be appreciated
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
The Ollie Reed F...
post Jan 17 2011, 10:39 PM
Post #2

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 7,287

QUOTE (lloyd mayflower @ Jan 17 2011, 02:19 PM) *
Starting to think about getting my summer holidays booked up. This one will be with the g.f so I was lookin at the above destinations. None of my mates have been to either so I need to seek information elsewhere.
Cuba is my preffered option. Been looking at the Cayos and Varadero.
As for the Dom Rep, well I know nothing really so anything anyone knows would be appreciated

Doesn't matter where you are going, you will have a shit holiday (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post
lloyd mayflower
post Jan 18 2011, 04:55 AM
Post #3

Junior Middleweight

QUOTE (The Ollie Reed Fan Club @ Jan 18 2011, 03:39 AM) *
Doesn't matter where you are going, you will have a shit holiday (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

Haha good point well made. Good job she doesnt look at boxing forums tho!

In fairness I do owe her on account of most of my savings are getting blown on a weekend assault on Vegas for Pac v Mosley with my mates!

This post has been edited by lloyd mayflower: Jan 18 2011, 04:56 AM

+Quote Post
Snoop
post Jan 20 2011, 04:34 PM
Post #4

Heavyweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 87

Cuba is WAAAAY more expensive than the D.R. and the scenery is comparable between the two. Culturally and politically, however, Cuba is in a world of it's own. So really, depends on what you're looking for.

+Quote Post
lloyd mayflower
post Jan 20 2011, 05:37 PM
Post #5

Junior Middleweight

QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Jan 20 2011, 04:13 AM) *
Been there, but not where you'll be headed.

Go on then, lets hear it...

QUOTE (Snoop @ Jan 20 2011, 09:34 PM) *
Cuba is WAAAAY more expensive than the D.R. and the scenery is comparable between the two. Culturally and politically, however, Cuba is in a world of it's own. So really, depends on what you're looking for.

Not seen you much lately mate, good to see you back. Thanks for the constructive opinion, so far iv only had the obvious things pointed out to me (female company is, for the most part, shit!)

To be honest, the money to get there is similar between the two, and either way id be looking at all inclusive so id hope spending money wont go through the roof. I think the deal swinger for me is the chance to see Havana. DR looks really nice and all but its just beaches and cocktails, I dont know anything about it, whereas with Cuba, I can spend 2 or 3 in Havana days smokin fat chaps and looking at murals of Che, then head to the beach for a mojito frenzy! All good!

+Quote Post
STEVENSKI
post Jan 20 2011, 10:26 PM
Post #6

Chief Haterizer

Member No.: 91

Why not stay in Scotland & buy a Falkirk season ticket for you & the missus spending the change on cheap cider from Tescos & fried mars bars?

+Quote Post
lloyd mayflower
post Jan 20 2011, 11:06 PM
Post #7

Junior Middleweight

Ha! Believe it or not iv never actually tried a mars bar supper! And by sheer chance, you are bang on about the cider, but its not my taste, its hers!

+Quote Post
Snoop
post Jan 21 2011, 03:21 AM
Post #8

Heavyweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 87

QUOTE (lloyd mayflower @ Jan 20 2011, 11:37 PM) *
Not seen you much lately mate, good to see you back. Thanks for the constructive opinion, so far iv only had the obvious things pointed out to me (female company is, for the most part, shit!)

To be honest, the money to get there is similar between the two, and either way id be looking at all inclusive so id hope spending money wont go through the roof. I think the deal swinger for me is the chance to see Havana. DR looks really nice and all but its just beaches and cocktails, I dont know anything about it, whereas with Cuba, I can spend 2 or 3 in Havana days smokin fat chaps and looking at murals of Che, then head to the beach for a mojito frenzy! All good!

Thanks man.

It really depends on what you're looking for. If you just want to relax on a beach and go swimming, they're pretty comparable, but the DR is going to be much cheaper in terms of food, lodging, transportation, etc. (Cuba is surprisingly expensive). But if you're looking for culture, and history, I'd go with Cuba. Not that the DR doesn't have it's own share of culture and history, but damn man, Cuba is a trip; once in a lifetime sort of experience.

+Quote Post
lloyd mayflower
post Jan 21 2011, 11:19 AM
Post #9

Junior Middleweight

QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Jan 21 2011, 03:13 PM) *
What? Can I help it if I look like Ricky Ricardo and I can take a fly off your shoulder from 300m?

Add it up. It is an island but it aint all their's.

Come on man I expected at least a paragraph or two. Your better than that

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th July 2014 - 10:53 PM