IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

9 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 7 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Cotto -VS- Mayorga, Set for March 12th (tentatively)
BrutalBodyShots
post Jan 22 2011, 05:42 PM
Post #41

ON the edge

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 240

If Mayorga upsets Cotto, I could see Mayorga getting a shot at Pacquiao in the very near future... and getting steamrolled in a fight very much resembling DLH-Mayorga with Pacquiao being even more dominant.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
BrutalBodyShots
post Jan 22 2011, 08:29 PM
Post #42

ON the edge

QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Jan 22 2011, 07:53 PM) *
It is a no-win sitch. Who would you rather see v Pac of the two? I'm pulling for the salamander I mean Nicaraguan.

Neither really. Pacquiao blows both out inside the first half of the fight. At least with Mayorga we'd see him blowing out someone different I suppose, but I wouldn't get excited to see either.

+Quote Post
AussieLad
post Jan 22 2011, 09:53 PM
Post #43

Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 603

Man, i am really surprised so many are giving mayorga a chance when he has been irrelevant for so long. Sure he is bigger and has a punchers chance. But its about the same chance margarito had vs pac. Mayo is getting his ass kicked

+Quote Post
AussieLad
post Jan 22 2011, 09:55 PM
Post #44

Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 603

QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ Jan 22 2011, 03:23 PM) *
im with you on this one stev... as long as cotto is the champ he is a looming possibility for the arum/pac milk train... plus that guy is shot... emanuel steward in his corner or not them margarito fight sapped that dude and pac finished him... ive been preaching this since the foreman fight... a puncher who can fight him back probably knocks him out.... the question will be how much does mayorga have left... if he's got some dog left in him i think he stands a very good chance in this fight.. cotto is shot.

Cotto is shot...? What does that make mayorga...?

+Quote Post
BrutalBodyShots
post Jan 22 2011, 09:57 PM
Post #45

ON the edge

QUOTE (AussieLad @ Jan 22 2011, 09:53 PM) *
Man, i am really surprised so many are giving mayorga a chance when he has been irrelevant for so long. Sure he is bigger and has a punchers chance. But its about the same chance margarito had vs pac. Mayo is getting his ass kicked

Cotto is hardly a Pacquiao.

+Quote Post
BrutalBodyShots
post Jan 22 2011, 09:59 PM
Post #46

ON the edge

QUOTE (AussieLad @ Jan 22 2011, 09:55 PM) *

Despite Mayorga being farther past his prime than Cotto, I think most giving him a chance in this fight point to his toughness. Everyone knows that Mayorga can absorb at least 5-6 rounds of Cotto's bombs, but can Cotto absorb 5-6 rounds of what Mayorga has? Several years ago I don't think there would be a question about Cotto being able to take it, but now there is after several brutal losses and tough fights. His resiliency simply has to be questioned at this point.

+Quote Post
BrutalBodyShots
post Jan 22 2011, 10:03 PM
Post #47

ON the edge

QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Jan 22 2011, 08:31 PM) *
I completely agree with you but given a (shitty) choice of the two I take Mayorga.

I suppose I would as well. Mayorga would at least give as good as he gets for a few rounds until he submits, where Cotto I think would be on his bike for the most part.

+Quote Post
The Ollie Reed F...
post Jan 23 2011, 12:06 AM
Post #48

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 7,287

QUOTE (BrutalBodyShots @ Jan 22 2011, 09:59 PM) *
Despite Mayorga being farther past his prime than Cotto, I think most giving him a chance in this fight point to his toughness. Everyone knows that Mayorga can absorb at least 5-6 rounds of Cotto's bombs, but can Cotto absorb 5-6 rounds of what Mayorga has? Several years ago I don't think there would be a question about Cotto being able to take it, but now there is after several brutal losses and tough fights. His resiliency simply has to be questioned at this point.

Yep this pretty much sums it up for me as well. I don't think anyone is questioning which boxer has the better resume, the superior skills etc, it's simply coming down to whether Cotto can take a shot anymore. If he can't I seriously give Mayo a chance in this one.

+Quote Post
JLUVBABY
post Jan 23 2011, 12:13 AM
Post #49

Light Heavyweight

Member No.: 4,447

QUOTE (AussieLad @ Jan 22 2011, 08:55 PM) *

they are both shot aussie... but cotto isnt taking punches like he used to... should he win this fight?.. yes... but mayorga has a shot...

+Quote Post
rusty_trombone
post Jan 23 2011, 10:42 PM
Post #50

Cerebral Ape

Member No.: 5,390

QUOTE (AussieLad @ Jan 22 2011, 09:53 PM) *

I agree with you man, this fight is a fucking joke.

+Quote Post

9 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 7 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 1st August 2014 - 10:07 AM