IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

9 Pages V  « < 7 8 9  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Cotto -VS- Mayorga, Set for March 12th (tentatively)
JLUVBABY
post Jan 27 2011, 12:36 PM
Post #81

Light Heavyweight

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 4,447

QUOTE (TheFonz @ Jan 27 2011, 08:57 AM) *
Cotto is going to "look" like the beast of old and all the guy giving Mayo shot are going to say that Mayo had no business in the ring with him. Arum is going to use the fight to set up Cotto-Marg 2, in which Cotto will get fucked up again.

theres a big difference in giving a fighter a real chance and picking him to win.. you think this is gonna be a walk in the park for cotto?... cotto has seen way better days... its fact that he's not responding to punches like he used to so if mayorga gets to touching him... yes he has a shot in the fight at that point... cotto still does some things good but his chin has been dented and he shows it now...
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
TheFonz
post Jan 27 2011, 12:52 PM
Post #82

Team BU fun boy that gets passed around...

Group: Banned
Member No.: 10,999

QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ Jan 27 2011, 12:36 PM) *
theres a big difference in giving a fighter a real chance and picking him to win.. you think this is gonna be a walk in the park for cotto?... cotto has seen way better days... its fact that he's not responding to punches like he used to so if mayorga gets to touching him... yes he has a shot in the fight at that point... cotto still does some things good but his chin has been dented and he shows it now...

It will be a walk in the park regardless of how much punishment Cotto has taken the last few years. By the time Mayo shakes off the ring rust Cotto will have already accumulated 2-3 rounds of bodywork. Mayo's timing is going to be fucked from the on set and Cotto will be punishing the whole time.

+Quote Post
JLUVBABY
post Jan 27 2011, 01:04 PM
Post #83

Light Heavyweight

Member No.: 4,447

QUOTE (TheFonz @ Jan 27 2011, 11:52 AM) *
It will be a walk in the park regardless of how much punishment Cotto has taken the last few years. By the time Mayo shakes off the ring rust Cotto will have already accumulated 2-3 rounds of bodywork. Mayo's timing is going to be fucked from the on set and Cotto will be punishing the whole time.

ring rust wont surprise me from mayorga at all... but then again he has the kind of style that rust shouldnt be much of a factor... he is a wild free swinging brawler that has under rated boxing skill but his bread and butter is his free swinging style... cotto is expected to win the fight and im not sure anybody is picking mayorga but mayorga has the kind of punch that can change this fight real quick... specially the way cotto has looked lately... he's not taking punches very well anymore... but thats why this fight will be so fun... cuzz they both can win.... cotto SHOULD win.. but he is not a given cuzz mayorga brings intangibles to the fight that can turn a supposed easy fight into life and death very quick... honestly, and this is just my opinion, cotto looks like a fighter that really needs to hang em up... the way he takes punches dont look right to me... just my opinion.... he MAY beat mayorga and he is supposed to but possible fights vs margarito and Lord forbid pac again are very dangerous fights for him... possible career enders..

+Quote Post
gravytrain
post Jan 27 2011, 05:54 PM
Post #84

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 10,970

QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ Jan 27 2011, 01:04 PM) *
ring rust wont surprise me from mayorga at all... but then again he has the kind of style that rust shouldnt be much of a factor... he is a wild free swinging brawler that has under rated boxing skill but his bread and butter is his free swinging style... cotto is expected to win the fight and im not sure anybody is picking mayorga but mayorga has the kind of punch that can change this fight real quick... specially the way cotto has looked lately... he's not taking punches very well anymore... but thats why this fight will be so fun... cuzz they both can win.... cotto SHOULD win.. but he is not a given cuzz mayorga brings intangibles to the fight that can turn a supposed easy fight into life and death very quick... honestly, and this is just my opinion, cotto looks like a fighter that really needs to hang em up... the way he takes punches dont look right to me... just my opinion.... he MAY beat mayorga and he is supposed to but possible fights vs margarito and Lord forbid pac again are very dangerous fights for him... possible career enders..

i don't think his promoter really gives a shit about that, it was Margarito and Cotto on the table for Pac when Pac fought Marg. Arum would gladly cash him out to give the Pacmaniacs something to cheer about. i think this fight is just to legitimize Cotto fighting Pac or Margarito again in the future, he needs to do something to show Cotto can handle a punch still and can do more than go corner to corner. If it's not Marg or Pac it'll be someone else, his time as an elite fighter is coming to an end. I'd be very surprised if he lasts past age 33 in this sport and honestly I see him retiring after his next fight since it's either Marg or Pac. Arum isn't going to get paid to have him get his ass kicked by some up and comer at 154 either so it'll definitely be Pac or Marg.

+Quote Post

9 Pages V  « < 7 8 9
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 31st August 2014 - 07:18 AM