Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Klitschko vs Adamek
BrutalBodyShots
post Jan 24 2011, 09:34 PM
Post #1

ON the edge

Group: Members
Member No.: 240

I read that this fight is happening in September. Thoughts?

I'm personally not a fan of the smallest relevant heavyweight fighting the biggest relevant heavyweight, but whatever. I kinda like Adamek and think he'll give it his all, but there's a huge natural size difference that he's up against.

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
gravytrain
post Jan 24 2011, 09:42 PM
Post #2

Junior Middleweight

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 10,970

I think Wlad wins soundly but Adamek puts up a fight, better than seeing someone just stand in front of Wlad scared shitless and not trying.

+Quote Post
JLUVBABY
post Jan 24 2011, 10:32 PM
Post #3

Light Heavyweight

Member No.: 4,447

im sure adamek goes down fighting... thats all we can ask of him... he will TRY is the main thing and trying anything can happen...

+Quote Post
The Ollie Reed F...
post Jan 24 2011, 10:40 PM
Post #4

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 7,287

QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ Jan 24 2011, 11:32 PM) *
im sure adamek goes down fighting... thats all we can ask of him... he will TRY is the main thing and trying anything can happen...

Yep he will try and fail but as you say at least he will try. Something Queenpin Johnson and some other recent contenders can't say.

+Quote Post
JLUVBABY
post Jan 25 2011, 12:14 AM
Post #5

Light Heavyweight

QUOTE (The Ollie Reed Fan Club @ Jan 24 2011, 09:40 PM) *
Yep he will try and fail but as you say at least he will try. Something Queenpin Johnson and some other recent contenders can't say.

most of those guys are no hopers... if they woulod at least try and give themselves their best chance to win what ever that might be id have no problem with them... tony thompson tried... arreola as fat as his ass was tried... go out on your shield is all im saying... lol... too many of these guys are happy to last the distance... a loss is a loss... id rather have the respect from my peers knowing hell i went in there and gave it my all... i didnt run llike no damn sissy ass punk... just my opinion.

This post has been edited by JLUVBABY: Jan 25 2011, 12:16 AM

+Quote Post
The Original MrF...
post Jan 25 2011, 02:17 AM
Post #6

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 1,309

Has it been confirmed that its Wlad?? I'd like to see Adamek get his shot. No doubt that he will make it interesting in spots against either brother. The Klits are definitly dominant HOF fighters who quite possibly would have dominated any era of boxing due to their unique size and athletic ability.

+Quote Post
gravytrain
post Jan 25 2011, 02:50 AM
Post #7

Junior Middleweight

QUOTE (The Original MrFactor @ Jan 25 2011, 02:17 AM) *
Has it been confirmed that its Wlad?? I'd like to see Adamek get his shot. No doubt that he will make it interesting in spots against either brother. The Klits are definitly dominant HOF fighters who quite possibly would have dominated any era of boxing due to their unique size and athletic ability.

I think Vitali would, Wlad would be in some serious shit in previous eras.

Adamek and Wlad are fighting in Poland in some stadium.

+Quote Post
JLUVBABY
post Jan 25 2011, 03:09 AM
Post #8

Light Heavyweight

QUOTE (gravytrain @ Jan 25 2011, 01:50 AM) *
I think Vitali would, Wlad would be in some serious shit in previous eras.

Adamek and Wlad are fighting in Poland in some stadium.

im not so sure about vitali... you have to figure put them in other eras and they would have their height but they would be comprable to the others heavies of their time as far as weight... i dont see vitali beating the likes of ali, louis, lewis, tyson, holyfield, holmes, liston, johnson if he was around in those days with their skill set... that list is the best heavies in what ever order you choose to ever lace em up...they also cover most of the 20th century.... those guys would have been good fighters in any era... contenders... but i wouldnt think they'd beat the greats of the past... not to knock them but they are dominating the absolute weakest the heavies have ever been... i would give them more props but they seem to not be able to take out the tomato cans they do have to face in spectacular fashion like they should...

+Quote Post
Guest_ViperSniper_*
post Jan 25 2011, 03:16 AM
Post #9

Guests

Good news here as I'm a fan of Adamek and admire how he goes about his business. This is apparently being staged at a Soccer stadium that holds over 60,000!!
This is a better matchup than one with Haye, minus the unification and the pre fight trash talking. Adamek appears more durable and willing to take chances and think he will put up a better fight. People going on about who does and doesn't deserve a shot at the Klits? I think Adamek has done more than enough with wins over Golata, Estrada, Grant, Arreola & Maddalone. With have only 5 fights at HW he has got a pretty solid resume so far.

Out of the entire HW division I seriously think Adamek has the best chance of beating Wlad with his skills and determination!! It's kind of sad considering he was originally a Light Heavyweight but he is up there (above) with the rest of the HW division. At least we know he will come to fight and come in shape..but unfortunately Ademak will still be too small for a huge skilled Heavyweight.

WAR ADAMEK!!! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/aggressive.gif)

+Quote Post
gravytrain
post Jan 25 2011, 03:56 AM
Post #10

Junior Middleweight

QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ Jan 25 2011, 03:09 AM) *
im not so sure about vitali... you have to figure put them in other eras and they would have their height but they would be comprable to the others heavies of their time as far as weight... i dont see vitali beating the likes of ali, louis, lewis, tyson, holyfield, holmes, liston, johnson if he was around in those days with their skill set... that list is the best heavies in what ever order you choose to ever lace em up...they also cover most of the 20th century.... those guys would have been good fighters in any era... contenders... but i wouldnt think they'd beat the greats of the past... not to knock them but they are dominating the absolute weakest the heavies have ever been... i would give them more props but they seem to not be able to take out the tomato cans they do have to face in spectacular fashion like they should...

there were heavies his size back in the day, just few and far between. Buddy Baer comes to mind for the 30s-40s. I think his chin would help him immensely and he'd get close decisions. Between the two of them I see Vitali having the better chance, Wlad would get tore up. He wouldn't even make it past the 90s division. I do agree with them not winning like they should be and that's why I don't really like either of them, I'd take Vitali to do more against ATGs than Wlad though.

+Quote Post

8 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th July 2014 - 08:37 AM