JLUVBABY
post Jan 25 2011, 10:13 PM
Post #21

Light Heavyweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,447

QUOTE (ViperSniper @ Jan 25 2011, 09:04 PM) *
Pretty much!!

In regards to comparing both Adamek & Haye's chances against the Klits? Both a small un-natural heavyweights but both posses more skills than the rest of the division. But I think Adamek is more durable, tougher and will fight more, whereas Hayes mouth and belt won't help him inside the ring.

what are your thoughts on solis's chance in march?... i think he will represent himself very well rather win or lose... my thought is he is overlooked by most maybe even the klits for the type of skill set he actually possesses....
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Guest_ViperSniper_*
post Jan 26 2011, 12:32 AM
Post #22

Guests

QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ Jan 26 2011, 04:13 AM) *
what are your thoughts on solis's chance in march?... i think he will represent himself very well rather win or lose... my thought is he is overlooked by most maybe even the klits for the type of skill set he actually possesses....

I couldn't give a solid opinion on his chances as I've unfortunately never seen Solis fight before but the fact that he doesn't know how to loose yet should make it interesting! What would you say Solis's strengths are leading into the fight? Hope your right about the possibility of Vitali overlooking him, as I don't mind the bros but for the sake of the division it would be nice for something new and someone new like Solis & Chisora to win.

+Quote Post
gravytrain
post Jan 26 2011, 01:09 AM
Post #23

Junior Middleweight

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 10,970

QUOTE (ViperSniper @ Jan 26 2011, 12:32 AM) *
I couldn't give a solid opinion on his chances as I've unfortunately never seen Solis fight before but the fact that he doesn't know how to loose yet should make it interesting! What would you say Solis's strengths are leading into the fight? Hope your right about the possibility of Vitali overlooking him, as I don't mind the bros but for the sake of the division it would be nice for something new and someone new like Solis & Chisora to win.

I caught his fight with Drumond, he's some power but he's really raw. I don't know how he'll fair against someone like Vitali but I see him putting up some fight but not being adjusted enough to the pros to pull this one off. I think he'll press forward only to get lit up by Vitali and lose by a wide decision.

+Quote Post
AussieLad
post Jan 26 2011, 01:45 AM
Post #24

Middleweight

Member No.: 603

Cant see how he is going to deal with the height and reach coming from behind that ram-rod jab. He's not going to be able to get inside, and will become tentative after he eats a couple of dozen jabs. The only way this fight becomes exciting is if he is prepared to go out on his shield.

+Quote Post
The Original MrF...
post Jan 26 2011, 01:49 AM
Post #25

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 1,309

QUOTE (BGv2.0 @ Jan 25 2011, 01:24 PM) *
I have no idea why so many people seem to give Adamek any more of a chance than most of the bums the Klits fight. He looked like absolute shit against a fat arreola and was lucky to even get out of that fight, had it not been for Arreola's horrific conditioning, he would have gotten beat down ugly. He's a skilled fighter, but due to the sheer size issue...he has little chance of actually pulling off the upset with either Klit.

NOW ON TO THIS BS!

How can you type that? Based on what? They have dominated a GOD AWFUL HW division. Vitali lost to a couple of the last remnants of that division of the 90's...one to Byrd, the other to Lewis...and I'm not even taking the crap losses by Wlad into account.....yet you are going to tell me they would have "dominated" in the same fashion with the likes of Mercer, Holy, Tyson, Bowe, Lewis, Byrd, Morrison, Foreman, Holmes, Rudduck, Moorer, Tua, Tucker, Bruno, McCall, etc????

No F'N way.....no doubt they get wins..but they get losses to to a few on that list as well....and you can do the same comparison to other HW era's as well.

There is no way you can allow yourself in to being taken in by their supposed dominance in THIS era....because this is the worst EVER...that's a fact....not even the once rediculed division of the early 80's touches this one.

I can easily say that the Klits would have been dominant in any era of boxing. Their size and their ability to use their size to hit and not get hit is incredible. I'm not so sure that this era of heavyweights is sooo terrible. Its certainly not 80's or 40's bad. It could easily be that these guys are so good. I cant help but to bring up old stuff. If the Klits were from a ranch in Montana, they'd ultimately be much more popular in this country. Their standing among many would be elevated because they are American's. They would have had their stiffest tests with the the 90's crop due to the closer equity in size and athleticism. Bowe and Lewis(who has a W against Vitaly) would probably have given them their stiffest tests because they were the best big men of the era.

The Klits would have wiped through the 80's. Too many guys that never reached their potential due to drugs or whatever. the 80's were horrible. Holmes would have given them their stiffest challenge. I think Larry would have stood a chance at winning a decision against them. I think that in 10 fights with either Klit, Larry would lose at least 6 out of 10.

The Klits would have dominated the 70's too. Ali, Frazier and Norton were all too small. 6'2" 210 aint gonna cut it, just ask Chris Byrd and Eddie Chambers. No they arent Ali or Frazier, but they were both good heavyweights in the 2000's, who measure up sizewize and stylewize with Ali. Would Ali/Wlad be that much different from Eddie Chambers/Wlad?? What would 1973's Ali have done that much differently against a guy thats 6'6" and 240lbs with a great jab?? Foreman stood a punchers chance, but again Foreman showed the ability to be outboxed by a lighter hitting Ali. How many rounds would it take before Foreman realized he was not able to get off and getting beaten to the punch mercilessly?

I dont really want to even go to the pre 1970's. Vitaly would have wiped the floor with Marciano, Charles, Liston because they were either way to small or too slow afoot. Young Cassius Clay would have the same troubles Chris Byrd(also with a W against the older Klit) had. He's fast and great defensively, but would have trouble getting close enough to hit Wlad without taking fire himself.

Then we talk about Joe Louis, who, at his best was 190 pounds. he blew up to over 200 late in his career, but was methodical and robotic. I've heard some people question his era of heavyweights. Jack Dempsey, I wont even entertain a conversation about him and the Klits. Same with Jack Johnson.

I dont think they go 100-0 against the top tier guys in any era. I'm not saying they would be unbeatable, but I do think that they'd win a lot more than they would lose. They would come away as dominant because their wins would greatly outnumber their loses to guys in other era's. Much of their dominance may be due to improvements in sports medicine, dieting, work outs and equipment. I think all of those things play a role in these guy's success. Some folks are just too enamored due to the historical context a great fighter such as Ali fought in. What is not taken into consideration is the fact that athletes in general, today are bigger, stronger and faster than they were yesterday. In boxing, the Klits may very well be the best big men ever.

+Quote Post
JLUVBABY
post Jan 26 2011, 02:03 AM
Post #26

Light Heavyweight

QUOTE (The Original MrFactor @ Jan 26 2011, 12:49 AM) *
I can easily say that the Klits would have been dominant in any era of boxing. Their size and their ability to use their size to hit and not get hit is incredible. I'm not so sure that this era of heavyweights is sooo terrible. Its certainly not 80's or 40's bad. It could easily be that these guys are so good. I cant help but to bring up old stuff. If the Klits were from a ranch in Montana, they'd ultimately be much more popular in this country. Their standing among many would be elevated because they are American's. They would have had their stiffest tests with the the 90's crop due to the closer equity in size and athleticism. Bowe and Lewis(who has a W against Vitaly) would probably have given them their stiffest tests because they were the best big men of the era.

The Klits would have wiped through the 80's. Too many guys that never reached their potential due to drugs or whatever. the 80's were horrible. Holmes would have given them their stiffest challenge. I think Larry would have stood a chance at winning a decision against them. I think that in 10 fights with either Klit, Larry would lose at least 6 out of 10.

The Klits would have dominated the 70's too. Ali, Frazier and Norton were all too small. 6'2" 210 aint gonna cut it, just ask Chris Byrd and Eddie Chambers. No they arent Ali or Frazier, but they were both good heavyweights in the 2000's, who measure up sizewize and stylewize with Ali. Would Ali/Wlad be that much different from Eddie Chambers/Wlad?? What would 1973's Ali have done that much differently against a guy thats 6'6" and 240lbs with a great jab?? Foreman stood a punchers chance, but again Foreman showed the ability to be outboxed by a lighter hitting Ali. How many rounds would it take before Foreman realized he was not able to get off and getting beaten to the punch mercilessly?

I dont really want to even go to the pre 1970's. Vitaly would have wiped the floor with Marciano, Charles, Liston because they were either way to small or too slow afoot. Young Cassius Clay would have the same troubles Chris Byrd(also with a W against the older Klit) had. He's fast and great defensively, but would have trouble getting close enough to hit Wlad without taking fire himself.

Then we talk about Joe Louis, who, at his best was 190 pounds. he blew up to over 200 late in his career, but was methodical and robotic. I've heard some people question his era of heavyweights. Jack Dempsey, I wont even entertain a conversation about him and the Klits. Same with Jack Johnson.

I dont think they go 100-0 against the top tier guys in any era. I'm not saying they would be unbeatable, but I do think that they'd win a lot more than they would lose. They would come away as dominant because their wins would greatly outnumber their loses to guys in other era's. Much of their dominance may be due to improvements in sports medicine, dieting, work outs and equipment. I think all of those things play a role in these guy's success. Some folks are just too enamored due to the historical context a great fighter such as Ali fought in. What is not taken into consideration is the fact that athletes in general, today are bigger, stronger and faster than they were yesterday. In boxing, the Klits may very well be the best big men ever.

what you are saying comparing the klits to the fighters of yesteryear is true if you send them back in a time machine the way they are now with the training methods they have now etc... are for that matter if you send the fighters from the past that where great in their time forward to today with the advances in technology think of some of the beast that would be produced... a fighter like liston or a young foreman with todays advances in technology or a joe louis would whipe their asses with both klits on the same night... specially wladimir... put them in todays division and you are looking at a good solid 230 pound men more than capable of holding their own vs these big boys... bigger dont always mean better it just looks that way with the sorry not talents that are in the division today... They are not the first 6 foot sumthing 250 pound fighters in the division that are strong, its just that fighters in the past knew how to deal with them... as small as dempsey was he'd get with both these guys... check out the film of these old school cats... either way you slice it the klits are good fighters, not saying they are not tho i will say vitali is better of the two but when you compare these fighters on even playing fields skill for skill there is no comparison... if you really want to get technical about things there is a lot about the art of boxing that has been lost over the years they did back then thats not practiced very much any more like parrying punches etc... the klits would be facing fighters with skill sets they've never seen before and never will see...

+Quote Post
JLUVBABY
post Jan 26 2011, 02:06 AM
Post #27

Light Heavyweight

and had to throw this one in there left him out... ali... ali pre exile at that... he was good enough then to beat them now but imagine if he had todays science advances.... he would chop them boys up and play with them till a tko was called talking to them the whole time...

+Quote Post
JLUVBABY
post Jan 26 2011, 02:07 AM
Post #28

Light Heavyweight

i could name a boatload of fighters that whip them boys if you want to match up skill for skill...

+Quote Post
gravytrain
post Jan 26 2011, 02:44 AM
Post #29

Junior Middleweight

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 10,970

QUOTE (ViperSniper @ Jan 26 2011, 01:22 AM) *
Seems he could have a slightly better chance than past opponents, maybe I should check some fights of his!? Seems he will make the older Klit to work for the win at least, maybe it will take a young unknown or even a smaller fighter who is at least shape to win apposed to a fighters fans like or are familiar name?

He's not bad, just needs to keep growing as a fighter before taking on a Klit. Personally I can't think of anyone to beat either Klit in the future, all I hope for is a fighter that shows the desire to win and not be a bitch.

QUOTE (The Original MrFactor @ Jan 26 2011, 01:49 AM) *

Fuck being American, if they finished guys they'd be big in America. You can't sell a big HW that can knock the dog shit out of cats carrying his opponent 12 rounds.

I see Vitali doing pretty good in previous eras, not getting blown out anyway. Wlad would have some serious issues because there were a hell of a lot better fighters than Samuel Peter that might weigh less but they'd be on Wlad's ass every round trying to stop him. He'd fold.

Come on now, man. Wlad gets stopped by Foreman and brutally stopped. Chambers and other cats don't even deserve to be mentioned in the same breath as Ali, Ali brings much more to the table. Ali beat Foreman purely with strategy, he could find a way to win.

QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ Jan 26 2011, 02:06 AM) *
and had to throw this one in there left him out... ali... ali pre exile at that... he was good enough then to beat them now but imagine if he had todays science advances.... he would chop them boys up and play with them till a tko was called talking to them the whole time...

Ali would have a fight with Vitali but I see him winning, Wlad would be embarassed. To be honest I see a lot of ATG heavies fucking with Wlad badly and Foreman would likely knock his head off. Vitali is just a big natural fighter so that's a little hard to get around, not impossible though.

+Quote Post
JLUVBABY
post Jan 26 2011, 03:00 AM
Post #30

Light Heavyweight

QUOTE (gravytrain @ Jan 26 2011, 01:44 AM) *
Ali would have a fight with Vitali but I see him winning, Wlad would be embarassed. To be honest I see a lot of ATG heavies fucking with Wlad badly and Foreman would likely knock his head off. Vitali is just a big natural fighter so that's a little hard to get around, not impossible though.

i really dont think so gravy... ali would slice vitali up like he had a straight razor... sonny liston would knock him out... dempsey was a big man killer as well and would get inside on him and eat him up (if that guy guy sinsnowski or what eveer his name is could get inside dempsey tears his ass up).... i think larry holmes could get to him in his prime... a few guys i think vitali would get to because of their styles would be a frazier, marciano type of great heavyweight simply because a tall fighter with a jab would trouble them... i think a young mike tyson struggles with him though would eventually get to him... but ali... ali would toy with vatali... post exile id say the ali to the point of the foreman fight beats him as well.. after foreman ali just took too much punishment, vitali would beat that version of ali.. tell you another guy i think would get deep down in vitalis shit... ike ibeabuchi... had he not gone to prison i think he would have been lennox's nightmare... oh yeah speaking of lennox a primed lennox beats him (vitali) as well.. lol..

This post has been edited by JLUVBABY: Jan 26 2011, 03:00 AM

+Quote Post

8 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2014 - 05:04 AM