Reply to this topicStart new topic
> UFC 126, RBR, News, Results, etc...
AussieLad
post Feb 6 2011, 05:24 AM
Post #71

Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 603

Run and Gun is wrong in saying vitor isnt elite. Just need to reference the destruction he put on Franklin.

As for the fight, all i can say is wow. Never seen a fight end like that. Definitely a case of vitor expecting that to go the body and eating a hard shot. Thats a one in a million finnish right there

Andersons future, the only logical step is to move up in weight. Nothing left to prove at middle. A fight with the winner of shogun and bones jones would be interesting.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Run and Gun Game...
post Feb 6 2011, 05:43 AM
Post #72

Welterweight

Member No.: 195

QUOTE (AussieLad @ Feb 6 2011, 09:24 AM) *
Run and Gun is wrong in saying vitor isnt elite. Just need to reference the destruction he put on Franklin.

Other than Shogun Rua, Rampage Jackson, Tito Ortiz, and Rich Franklin are all yesterdays fighters. Franklin lost to griffen for gods sake. Belfort has not evolved with the sport

+Quote Post
JONdaCON817
post Feb 6 2011, 10:38 AM
Post #73

Welcome to the Dirty South

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 11,493

QUOTE (kidbazooka1 @ Feb 6 2011, 12:17 AM) *
Your kidding me right? you mean to tell me GSP is a better striker and has better BJJ than Anderson? HAHHAHAHAHAHHAHha no way buddy.

Yezzir. thats exactly what im sayin.. Anderson good at BJJ? that kats only considered an "honorary" member of the Blacc Belt club.. His Blacc Belt was damn near given to him juss for be Brazilian and fighting at such a high level.. GSP earned his. I dont see Anderson stuffing GSP takedowns or controlling the action on the ground... I kno you saw what Chael did to him, but a good BJJ guy wouldnt have gotten caught in a triangle like that... and i see him gettin countered alot in this fight if they do decide to trade... Cardio is the other issue.. where i see GSP having a huge advantage..

+Quote Post
JONdaCON817
post Feb 6 2011, 10:44 AM
Post #74

Welcome to the Dirty South

Member No.: 11,493

QUOTE (AussieLad @ Feb 6 2011, 04:24 AM) *
Andersons future, the only logical step is to move up in weight. Nothing left to prove at middle. A fight with the winner of shogun and bones jones would be interesting.

I can see him beating alot of the Light HW like Forrest but i dont think he would be able to hang with a quiccer LHW like Evans or Rua.... ide like to see him matched up with bones Jones.. theyre built almost the same and both pretty unorthodox with the strikes..

+Quote Post
AussieLad
post Feb 6 2011, 04:33 PM
Post #75

Middleweight

Member No.: 603

GSP is too small for Anderson. Unless there was some catchweight that really sucked the ass out of silva, i cant see GSP doing much. And in no way is GSP's striking better than silva's.

Jose Aldo on the other hand... now theres a little guy who's skillsets are comparable to Silvas. Its a shame you cant get an enlarger ray and zap him up to the size of a middleweight.

+Quote Post
kidbazooka1
post Feb 6 2011, 06:09 PM
Post #76

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 1,319

QUOTE (AussieLad @ Feb 6 2011, 04:33 PM) *
GSP is too small for Anderson. Unless there was some catchweight that really sucked the ass out of silva, i cant see GSP doing much. And in no way is GSP's striking better than silva's.

Jose Aldo on the other hand... now theres a little guy who's skillsets are comparable to Silvas. Its a shame you cant get an enlarger ray and zap him up to the size of a middleweight.

Thats what im saying to me it seems like the UFC is forcing GSP to move up IMO he doesn't really want to cause he would have been done it. I don't blame GSP for not wanting to move up either he would get murdered big time by Andersons sniper like strikes..

I would like to see Anderson get a crack at the winner of Jones and Shogun and then call it quits.

+Quote Post
kidbazooka1
post Feb 6 2011, 06:24 PM
Post #77

Super Middleweight

QUOTE (AussieLad @ Feb 6 2011, 04:33 PM) *

I agree Jose is a smaller version Anderson and the scary thing is he's still getting better.

+Quote Post
TheFonz
post Feb 7 2011, 08:41 AM
Post #78

Team BU fun boy that gets passed around...

Group: Banned
Member No.: 10,999

QUOTE (JONdaCON817 @ Feb 6 2011, 10:38 AM) *
Yezzir. thats exactly what im sayin.. Anderson good at BJJ? that kats only considered an "honorary" member of the Blacc Belt club.. His Blacc Belt was damn near given to him juss for be Brazilian and fighting at such a high level.. GSP earned his. I dont see Anderson stuffing GSP takedowns or controlling the action on the ground... I kno you saw what Chael did to him, but a good BJJ guy wouldnt have gotten caught in a triangle like that... and i see him gettin countered alot in this fight if they do decide to trade... Cardio is the other issue.. where i see GSP having a huge advantage..

WOW

+Quote Post
kidbazooka1
post Feb 7 2011, 08:48 PM
Post #79

Super Middleweight

QUOTE (TheFonz @ Feb 7 2011, 08:41 AM) *
WOW

I was thinking the same thing after reading that.

+Quote Post
BigG
post Feb 7 2011, 10:42 PM
Post #80

Choppin Headz Boi!

Member No.: 19

Jon Jones looks alot like Silva but Silva is in another level. But this win isnt that big...Belfort was so overrated after the Franklin win...more UFC overhyping fighters ala Brock lensar

+Quote Post

9 Pages V  « < 6 7 8 9 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th July 2014 - 08:33 PM