Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Strikeforce, Fedor vs. Silva
JonnyBlaze
post Feb 14 2011, 02:16 PM
Post #31

The Savage

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,227

I didn't see the fight but I was telling you guys about Big Foot years ago when he only had a few fights..He was the only guy I had interest in watching in MMA..Now I see he whooped Fedor who was supposed to be unstoppable and what can I tell ya other than I TOLD YA SO..
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
kidbazooka1
post Feb 15 2011, 02:57 AM
Post #32

Super Middleweight

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 1,319

QUOTE (Run and Gun Game Calls @ Feb 14 2011, 02:02 PM) *
Fedor all time, is much better than anderson silva. Right now tho, he isnt. Age and inactivity have caught up with him. Like all great fighters, he finally declined. Saying Anderson silva is the greatest ever is equal to saying rocky marciano is the greatest ever. Thing is, Marciano is dead, and Silva has time to build on his above average resume.

You got it backwards buddy.

Fedor is more like Marciano both great in there own right but very crude-like fighters with very little skills and technique but lots of balls.

Anderson on the other hand is the more skillfull and graceful guy with great foot and head movement ala Ali or Robinson and can take you out with a single shot.

Fedor like Marciano had the nice record well atleast up unitl recently for Fedor but were very raw fighters.

+Quote Post
TheFonz
post Feb 15 2011, 09:29 AM
Post #33

Team BU fun boy that gets passed around...

Group: Banned
Member No.: 10,999

QUOTE (kidbazooka1 @ Feb 15 2011, 02:57 AM) *
You got it backwards buddy.

Fedor is more like Marciano both great in there own right but very crude-like fighters with very little skills and technique but lots of balls.

Anderson on the other hand is the more skillfull and graceful guy with great foot and head movement ala Ali or Robinson and can take you out with a single shot.

Fedor like Marciano had the nice record well atleast up unitl recently for Fedor but were very raw fighters.

Dude, I know Anderson is your boy and you can certainly make a case for him but you cannot shit on Fedor's accomplishments in his prime. He was king of the hill when Prime had the most stacked heavyweight division in MMA history.

+Quote Post
kidbazooka1
post Feb 15 2011, 10:21 AM
Post #34

Super Middleweight

QUOTE (TheFonz @ Feb 15 2011, 10:29 AM) *
Dude, I know Anderson is your boy and you can certainly make a case for him but you cannot shit on Fedor's accomplishments in his prime. He was king of the hill when Prime had the most stacked heavyweight division in MMA history.

Im not sh*tting on Fedor i said he was a great fighter didn't I. Im just not as big a fan of his as most ppl.

I've always admired Anderson's fighting style ever since his Pride days when he wasn't quite yet the fighter he is today. I remember telling ppl when he was gonna fight Leben that this guy from Pride(Silva) is gonna show you what Pride is all about.

Im a Silva fan win or lose i'll stick by the guy and there shouldn't be anything wrong with that imagine how boring this place would be if we all agreed on everything.

+Quote Post
Run and Gun Game...
post Feb 15 2011, 01:58 PM
Post #35

Welterweight

Member No.: 195

QUOTE (kidbazooka1 @ Feb 15 2011, 01:21 PM) *
Im not sh*tting on Fedor i said he was a great fighter didn't I. Im just not as big a fan of his as most ppl.

I've always admired Anderson's fighting style ever since his Pride days when he wasn't quite yet the fighter he is today. I remember telling ppl when he was gonna fight Leben that this guy from Pride(Silva) is gonna show you what Pride is all about.

Im a Silva fan win or lose i'll stick by the guy and there shouldn't be anything wrong with that imagine how boring this place would be if we all agreed on everything.

And im not a hater of Silva but lets be honest. Since coming into the ufc, he has fought in the weakest division on the sport. IM not saying its his fault but come on. Rich franklin, and Belfort????? And forrest griffen is a good solid fighter, but not an A class fighter. Yes Silva has great skills, but sonnen made him look like an novice, and if not for a move sonnen has been caught in over and over again by lesser fighters. The headline would have read Silva completely taken apart by sonnen.

Im all for being a fan of a fighter. but lets keep things in perspective and be honest.

+Quote Post
kidbazooka1
post Feb 15 2011, 10:11 PM
Post #36

Super Middleweight

QUOTE (Run and Gun Game Calls @ Feb 15 2011, 01:58 PM) *
And im not a hater of Silva but lets be honest. Since coming into the ufc, he has fought in the weakest division on the sport. IM not saying its his fault but come on. Rich franklin, and Belfort????? And forrest griffen is a good solid fighter, but not an A class fighter. Yes Silva has great skills, but sonnen made him look like an novice, and if not for a move sonnen has been caught in over and over again by lesser fighters. The headline would have read Silva completely taken apart by sonnen.

Im all for being a fan of a fighter. but lets keep things in perspective and be honest.

Yes lets keep it in perspective.

Franklin was thought to be one of the best MW in the world when Anderson whooped him. Hendo was the MW Pride Champ and had just taken out Wanderlie brutaly when Anderson whooped him easly. Griffin though im not a huge fan of his either was the bigger guy a former LHW champ who had beaten Shogun of all ppl and Rampage for the belt yet Anderson made him look like a novice. Marquadt wasa legit threat many ppl thought he was gonna give Anderson trouble we all know what happened there.

We can go back n forth all da.y I know folks are hurting here cause Fedor got owned two times in a row to not so good comp but hey thats what happens when you come in to every fight just swinging like a club fighter and not setting your sh*t up. I recommend Fedor go train with Anderson he might be able to pick up a thing or two. LOL

As for Sonnen so what he came close to winning against an injured Silva but close don't cut my friend at the end Silva subbed him and got the win thats somthing Fedor couldn't do against Werdum(a UFC reject) and Bigfoot.

+Quote Post
Warlord
post Feb 15 2011, 11:47 PM
Post #37

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 10,313

Is there, or has there ever been, a heavyweight fighter on the planet earth that you would pick over Fedor, prime for prime? If you say yes, explain yourself.

Is there, or has there ever been, a middleweight fighter that you would pick over Anderson Silva, prime for prime? If you say no, explain yourself. Because I rank Kazushi Sakuraba over Anderson Silva all-time, and I think he would've beaten Silva had they ever fought, both being at their peaks.

Anderson Silva is a mentally weak fighter, and Sakuraba would've toyed with him before slapping an arm-bar or knee-bar on his lame ass.

(IMG:http://i21.tinypic.com/28rmv6f.gif)

Look how fast his ugly ass tapped out there to Ryo Chonan's flying scissor heel hook. Or go watch him get subbed by fucking Daiju Takase. I'd rather be Fedor getting losses at the tail end of my career by fighters who outweigh me by nearly 50 pounds, than Anderson Silva getting subbed in his physical prime by smaller, D- fighters.

Plus Anderson's just ugly as shit. Him and Bigfoot Silva look like they fell out of the tallest ugly tree in the world together, and hit every branch on the way down. And then they climbed back up and fell down again.

+Quote Post
Mean Mister Must...
post Feb 16 2011, 12:11 AM
Post #38

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 1,333

Bazooka's forgetting Fedor submitted a bunch of fighters back in the day.

I think Fedor doesn't have the heart for it anymore. His comments before and after the Bigfoot fight, coupled with the lack of patience he showed during the fight, indicates it.

I doubt he loses to these guys if it were 2002 or 2003. If Nogueira couldn't submit him in 2 fights, then I doubt Werdum could. Also, back in 03, Fedor was faster and would have caught Bigfoot's big ass jaw, dropped him and then proceed to stomp stomp him until the fight would be stopped.

+Quote Post
AussieLad
post Feb 16 2011, 03:14 AM
Post #39

Middleweight

Member No.: 603

The difference between the 2 is that fedor comes to fight and finish his opponent. I cant get over Silvas disgraceful performances against Maia and the like. All time worst performances that i can recall for an elite fighter against an overmatched opponent. People should have been pelting him with beer bottles as he left the arena. It made floyd jr vs baldomir look entertaining by comparison.

+Quote Post
Warlord
post Feb 16 2011, 03:34 AM
Post #40

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 10,313

Agree with Mustard and Aussielad. And Run and Gun for that matter. All you guys made excellent points.

As for Fedor not having the heart for it anymore, that is pretty apparent. I remember in Pride him saying he didn't enjoy fighting, that it was just a job. I can't imagine how he must feel about it now.

I just hate it now that he's obviously on the downside, noobs want to act like he was an over-rated bum. Why are fight fans always like that? You're a world beater when you win, and an over-rated bum when you lose. Why can't we just accept that a great fighter has come to the end of his road? Why do we have to shit all over him as he's headed out the door?

Give any professional their due. Especially a man like Fedor. One of the classiest, humblest, most soft-spoken men to participate in this young sport.

+Quote Post

10 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th July 2014 - 04:01 PM