> Strikeforce, Fedor vs. Silva
AussieLad
post Feb 19 2011, 04:05 AM
Post #71

Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 603

QUOTE (Warlord @ Feb 19 2011, 08:35 AM) *
and some chubby, Big Mac eating Michael Jackson wannabe dancing all around the ring with his ugly ass. What a shame.

Who we talking here? Big Country Nelson?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
kidbazooka1
post Feb 19 2011, 04:06 PM
Post #72

Super Middleweight

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 1,319

QUOTE (Run and Gun Game Calls @ Feb 19 2011, 04:21 AM) *
silva is a great fighter, but the man cant carry saks jock strap.

See comments like that just make me laugh no one in there right minds will say sh*t like that.....well maybe except for Silva haters.

As i have stated in the past i've been watching MMA since 96/97 when Vitor burst into the scene. I was actually anti-UFC in the early 00's all i watched was Pride that is unitl i found out Anderson got signed to the UFC and was gonna wreck havoc on the MW division.

War i like how all of a sudden when Page came to the UFC he turned into a one diminnsional fighter yet he had just taken out Liddell who was arguably the #1 LHW and on a brutal tear in the UFC.

C'mon man if where gonna try to discredit every fighter to discredit Silva's opponents i can do that too with any other fighter.

Look fellas i know the sport is still very much in it's infancy so to find truly great fighters in this sport could be difficult. Anderson, Fedor(despite my bashing of him LOL), GSP, Sak to name a few but alot of there comp might just be very good fighers but not great.

In my opninion Anderson is the greatets ever SO FAR but not because the UFC and the hype machine says so but because the run he's had and the level of his skill and the way he wins most of the time.

Though i won't say that i think he'll hold that title for 50-60 yrs like Robinson did in boxing but for now he's the best ever. Im not trying to make you guys agree with me but it's fun being able to discuss MMA with ppl who actaully have a bit of knowledge about it.

This post has been edited by kidbazooka1: Feb 19 2011, 04:51 PM

+Quote Post
Run and Gun Game...
post Feb 19 2011, 04:52 PM
Post #73

Welterweight

Member No.: 195

QUOTE (kidbazooka1 @ Feb 19 2011, 08:06 PM) *
See comments like that just make me laugh no one in there right minds will say sh*t like that.....well maybe except for Silva haters.

As i have stated in the past i've been watching MMA since 96/97 when Vitor burst into the scene. I was actually anti-UFC in the early 00's all i watched was Pride that is unitl i found out Anderson got signed to the UFC and was gonna wreck havoc on the MW division.

War i like how all of a sudden when Page came to the UFC he turned into a one diminnsional fighter yet he had just taken out Liddell who was arguably the #1 LHW and on a brutal tear in the UFC.

C'mon man if where gonna try to discredit every fighter to discredit Silva's opponents i can do that too with any other fighter.

Im not a silva hater, just not a huge fan either. I try to keep things in perspective. Styles make fights and sak is all wrong for silva

+Quote Post
Mean Mister Must...
post Feb 19 2011, 11:42 PM
Post #74

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 1,333

Correct me if I'm wrong, but every time GSP comes off a win, the commentators jump in and say he's the best in the world right now. So who is it; Silva or GSP?

+Quote Post
kidbazooka1
post Feb 20 2011, 01:13 AM
Post #75

Super Middleweight

QUOTE (Mean Mister Mustard @ Feb 19 2011, 11:42 PM) *
Correct me if I'm wrong, but every time GSP comes off a win, the commentators jump in and say he's the best in the world right now. So who is it; Silva or GSP?

Yeah i agree they do tend to do that sh*t especially bitch ass Joe Rogan hate that muthaf*cker but most have Anderson as p4p #1.

I like GSP how could you not but the one thing that gets me about him is that ever since he got knocked out against Serra in the first fight he's been very gun shy and thats a shame cuase he actually had real good hands and power. I think he knows his chin ain't up to par so he plays it safe all time and takes it to the ground which is his comfort zone.

I peronaly believe that GSP doubt himself against Anderson thats why he's been so hesitant to move up and is now fighting guys he already beat. I think GSP knows he has no chance standing with Anderson so he'll go the the ground but he may feel that Anderson's size and BJJ might get him in some trouble on the ground aswell. Basically GSP knows to beat Silva he has to avoid standing and keep him on the ground for 5 rds ala Sonnen but one mistake on the feet or the ground can cost him big. From what i've heard of GSP during interviews when asked about Silva he does not sound like a man who believes he can beat Silva but rather a man who has been pressed by the media and promoter(UFC)to move up.

+Quote Post
kidbazooka1
post Feb 20 2011, 01:14 AM
Post #76

Super Middleweight

Yeah i agree they do tend to do that sh*t especially bitch ass Joe Rogan hate that muthaf*cker but most have Anderson as p4p #1.

I like GSP how could you not but the one thing that gets me about him is that ever since he got knocked out against Serra in the first fight he's been very gun shy and thats a shame cuase he actually had real good hands and power. I think he knows his chin ain't up to par so he plays it safe all time and takes it to the ground which is his comfort zone.

I peronaly believe that GSP doubt himself against Anderson thats why he's been so hesitant to move up and is now fighting guys he already beat. I think GSP knows he has no chance standing with Anderson so he'll go the the ground but he may feel that Anderson's size and BJJ might get him in some trouble on the ground aswell. Basically GSP knows to beat Silva he has to avoid standing and keep him on the ground for 5 rds ala Sonnen but one mistake on the feet or the ground can cost him big. From what i've heard of GSP during interviews when asked about Silva he does not sound like a man who believes he can beat Silva but rather a man who has been pressed by the media and promoter(UFC)to move up.

+Quote Post
kidbazooka1
post Feb 20 2011, 01:14 AM
Post #77

Super Middleweight

sorry doube post

This post has been edited by kidbazooka1: Feb 20 2011, 01:15 AM

+Quote Post
Mean Mister Must...
post Feb 20 2011, 10:58 AM
Post #78

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 1,333

Yeah ever since the Serra loss you can see he tightened up his defense in the stand up. Unfortunately that makes him a bore standing up. Even with his improved defense though, Silva is light years ahead of him with his striking, and one shot could end it all.

+Quote Post
kidbazooka1
post Feb 20 2011, 07:18 PM
Post #79

Super Middleweight

QUOTE (Mean Mister Mustard @ Feb 20 2011, 10:58 AM) *
Yeah ever since the Serra loss you can see he tightened up his defense in the stand up. Unfortunately that makes him a bore standing up. Even with his improved defense though, Silva is light years ahead of him with his striking, and one shot could end it all.

GSP had/has real good stand up but he doesn't believe it it so that makes it even less effective. But i agree he won't wanna stand up with Anderson for even a min cause he will go to sleep.

+Quote Post
AussieLad
post Feb 21 2011, 03:36 AM
Post #80

Middleweight

Member No.: 603

QUOTE (Mean Mister Mustard @ Feb 20 2011, 05:42 AM) *

As for the commentators perpetually looping comments such as that, another one that shits me is Joe ROgan and his "if you ever wanted to design a fighter to beat Silva/GSP/Lesnar etc... it would be a guy like this". Every fucking time one of the big names fight he trolls out that shit. The last 3 or 4 fights for Silva and GSP he has made this comment. Get some new material to hype the fight dude.

+Quote Post

10 Pages V  « < 6 7 8 9 10 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2014 - 07:50 PM