AussieLad
post Feb 21 2011, 04:06 PM
Post #81

Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 603

Fuck Rogan, now you've got MMA writers doing the same thing

http://www.ufc.com/news/The-Breakdown-Penn-Fitch

"BJ Pennís UFC 127 bout with Jon Fitch may very well be the toughest stylistic matchup of his career. If I wanted to create a prototype welterweight to give Penn problems, it would be a very big, athletic wrestler who has endless cardio, good standup, and prefers to take down opponents and grind away a conservative victory."
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
kidbazooka1
post Feb 21 2011, 08:28 PM
Post #82

Super Middleweight

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 1,319

QUOTE (AussieLad @ Feb 21 2011, 04:06 PM) *
Fuck Rogan, now you've got MMA writers doing the same thing

http://www.ufc.com/news/The-Breakdown-Penn-Fitch

"BJ Pennís UFC 127 bout with Jon Fitch may very well be the toughest stylistic matchup of his career. If I wanted to create a prototype welterweight to give Penn problems, it would be a very big, athletic wrestler who has endless cardio, good standup, and prefers to take down opponents and grind away a conservative victory."

Wasn't GSP then Hughes the worst stylistic matchup for Penn. LOL

I know that was a writer but they need to get rid of Rogan asap.

+Quote Post
Warlord
post Feb 22 2011, 12:59 AM
Post #83

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 10,313

QUOTE (kidbazooka1 @ Feb 19 2011, 05:06 PM) *
War i like how all of a sudden when Page came to the UFC he turned into a one diminnsional fighter yet he had just taken out Liddell who was arguably the #1 LHW and on a brutal tear in the UFC.

Liddell was always over-rated in my book. Another one-dimensional fighter. You can check my post history to confirm that. I was one of the few guys on this board to pick Rampage over Liddell in brutal fashion. Rampage KO'ing Liddell doesn't mean much in my book. That's what he should've done. Doesn't mean he isn't one dimensional. It just means he was better at that dimension than Chuck.

C'mon man if where gonna try to discredit every fighter to discredit Silva's opponents i can do that too with any other fighter.

Sure we can. I mentioned Dan being old against Silva because you said Rampage was young against Sakuraba. Fire with fire, my friend. I personally don't like playing that game, but I'm not above it.

In my opninion Anderson is the greatets ever SO FAR but not because the UFC and the hype machine says so but because the run he's had and the level of his skill and the way he wins most of the time.

And there are many here who disagree. Doesn't make them nut-huggers or haters. It just makes them of differing opinion.

Though i won't say that i think he'll hold that title for 50-60 yrs like Robinson did in boxing but for now he's the best ever. Im not trying to make you guys agree with me but it's fun being able to discuss MMA with ppl who actaully have a bit of knowledge about it.

Agreed. No hard feelings here. It would be boring if everyone had the same opinions.

By the way, just to put it out there, I don't think Anderson Silva has evolved much past his Pride days. I just think he's had the right match-ups. He nearly shit the bed against Chael Sonnen, and proved why I picked Sonnen in the first place. Anderson is mentally weak, and can be taken down at will by any fighter whose willing to sack up and go for it.

In Japan there were plenty, because of that Samurai spirit you still find in fighters there. In the UFC... not so much. But the weaknesses are still there. And I still see them.

+Quote Post
kidbazooka1
post Feb 22 2011, 10:21 AM
Post #84

Super Middleweight

[quote name='Warlord' date='Feb 22 2011, 12:59 AM' post='513184']
Liddell was always over-rated in my book. Another one-dimensional fighter. You can check my post history to confirm that. I was one of the few guys on this board to pick Rampage over Liddell in brutal fashion. Rampage KO'ing Liddell doesn't mean much in my book. That's what he should've done. Doesn't mean he isn't one dimensional. It just means he was better at that dimension than Chuck.

By the way, just to put it out there, I don't think Anderson Silva has evolved much past his Pride days. I just think he's had the right match-ups. He nearly shit the bed against Chael Sonnen, and proved why I picked Sonnen in the first place. Anderson is mentally weak, and can be taken down at will by any fighter whose willing to sack up and go for it.
[/quote/]

Regardless of what anyone thinks the matter of the fact was that Liddell was highly ranked and on a roll before Page stopped him. I also picked and was happy as hell when Rampage took him out.

But i gotta disgree big time with you thinking Anderson is weak mentally. Vitor is a mentally weak fighter not Silva. He was getting beat for 4 and half rds a fighter liek Vitor or most others would have just given up Anderson never did and pulled off the win very very few figters in MMA can do that right now. The reason he gets taken down is cause his takedown defense is his bigggest weakness plain and simple it has nothing to do with hom being mentally weak.

I also disgree with you saying he's been carefully matched c'mon he's beaten everyone at MW and with the exception of Chael he's beaten everyone rather easly and will do the same to that POS Sonnen if they rematch. How could you say he's had peferct matchmaking when he's beaten everyone there is to beat in his division including the former LHW champ.

Anderson is on a 14 fight winning streak that inlcudes all of the top ranked MW in his division but like i stated earlier because this sport is still very young it hasn't produced a shitload of greats yet with the excpetion of the guys like Anderson, GSP, Fedor and a few others. Most of those guys wins will be against very good fighters but maybe not great yet.

And as for you saying Anderson hasn't evolved much past his Pride days thats just way off.

You mean to tell me that Anderson from the Ryo chonan fight would have beaten Franklin, Hendo, Marquadt, Griffin the way he did? hahahahahahahahhahha

I don't think you thought about that one before typing it bro. LOL

This post has been edited by kidbazooka1: Feb 22 2011, 08:55 PM

+Quote Post
Warlord
post Mar 5 2011, 11:44 PM
Post #85

Junior Middleweight

Anybody watching Henderson / Feijao tonight?

+Quote Post
Warlord
post Mar 5 2011, 11:51 PM
Post #86

Junior Middleweight

Stream is acting gay tonight, only catching pieces of the fight. Hopefully things will settle down here in the second.

+Quote Post
Warlord
post Mar 5 2011, 11:54 PM
Post #87

Junior Middleweight

Sigh. It's getting harder and harder to watch illegal streams these days.

+Quote Post
Warlord
post Mar 5 2011, 11:59 PM
Post #88

Junior Middleweight

Hendo the new champ! Another brutal KO with that right hand of his!

+Quote Post
kidbazooka1
post Mar 6 2011, 03:06 AM
Post #89

Super Middleweight

QUOTE (Warlord @ Mar 5 2011, 11:59 PM) *
Hendo the new champ! Another brutal KO with that right hand of his!

Hendo is a bad dude that right hand ain't nothing pretty but it seems to almost always do the trick.

+Quote Post
AussieLad
post Mar 7 2011, 03:05 AM
Post #90

Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 603

Prety crappy strikeforce card in general.

Definitely , Hendo has the power to stop just about anyone with that right of his

+Quote Post

10 Pages V  « < 7 8 9 10 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th August 2014 - 10:15 PM