IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Williams-Pavlik, Who takes this fight at Middleweight?
Williams-Pavlik
Who wins at Middleweight?
Paul Williams [ 3 ] ** [50.00%]
Kelly Pavlik [ 3 ] ** [50.00%]
Total Votes: 6
Guests cannot vote 
Lil-lightsout
post Feb 16 2011, 05:40 AM
Post #11

Light Heavyweight

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 3,047

I would not be surprised to see Pavlik get the KO. I honestly think PW getting KTFO might have ruined him. Sure I could be wrong, but damn he is going to be questioning his chin now, AND he probably is going to try and change up his style now which to me will only cause him conflict and confusion at this point. Maybe if PW can get a few good wins under his belt by fighting easier competition first, then he can rebuild his confidence and move forward. Hopefully I am wrong and PW is still a confident young man and can move on now and give us some more exciting fights.

Jluv...I love your Mosley sig.

This post has been edited by Lil-lightsout: Feb 16 2011, 05:41 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
caneman
post Feb 16 2011, 06:00 AM
Post #12

Amateur

Member No.: 1,310

QUOTE (Lil-lightsout @ Feb 16 2011, 05:40 AM) *
I would not be surprised to see Pavlik get the KO. I honestly think PW getting KTFO might have ruined him. Sure I could be wrong, but damn he is going to be questioning his chin now, AND he probably is going to try and change up his style now which to me will only cause him conflict and confusion at this point. Maybe if PW can get a few good wins under his belt by fighting easier competition first, then he can rebuild his confidence and move forward. Hopefully I am wrong and PW is still a confident young man and can move on now and give us some more exciting fights.

Jluv...I love your Mosley sig.

I believe there are a few things PWill could do that would be a change yet he might be able to pull it off & it's pure basics...turn his body sideways with his chin tucked behind his left shoulder & another that could work added to the above is fight long & pump the jab & throw those straight rights right down the pipe ala PBF vs Mosley & that could be a few small adjustments that could actually work for him IMO!

+Quote Post
Guest_Fitz_*
post Feb 16 2011, 06:12 AM
Post #13

Guests

QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ Feb 16 2011, 09:13 PM) *
better skills dont always win the fight... you guys know this...

Yes we know this JLuv, but we were more commenting on your statement that Pavlik is almost on par with Martinez in the skills department. I know it doesn't win you fights, but I think Martinez is more skilled than Pavlik.
Pavlik put on a decent fight with Martinez, but was outclassed. I think Pavlik is in with a shot now against Williams, which is kind of funny, because when Williams was at 147-154, I was saying I would take Williams, and I remember some people thought I was being dumb, haha. Times have changed, and now I am giving Pavlik more of a shot, though would still have to slightly edge Williams.

+Quote Post
STEVENSKI
post Feb 16 2011, 07:03 AM
Post #14

Chief Haterizer

Member No.: 91

If Pavlik has gotten sober & is really working AA's 12 step program he is in with a big chance. Those programes change your life completely provided you give it 100%. If he is he will be back to peak fitness & focused on winning.

+Quote Post
JLUVBABY
post Feb 16 2011, 07:11 AM
Post #15

Light Heavyweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,447

QUOTE (Fitz @ Feb 16 2011, 05:12 AM) *
Yes we know this JLuv, but we were more commenting on your statement that Pavlik is almost on par with Martinez in the skills department. I know it doesn't win you fights, but I think Martinez is more skilled than Pavlik.
Pavlik put on a decent fight with Martinez, but was outclassed. I think Pavlik is in with a shot now against Williams, which is kind of funny, because when Williams was at 147-154, I was saying I would take Williams, and I remember some people thought I was being dumb, haha. Times have changed, and now I am giving Pavlik more of a shot, though would still have to slightly edge Williams.

is this fight signed?.... as far as skill level, i suppose maybe i worded that a little wrong but comparingthe 2 in my opinion is like comparing chavez and meldrick taylor if that makes sense to you... 1 has a much greater skill set (taylor) than the other but you can equally compare the two... they match up evenly once everything is compared... that was my point... if they rematched and pavlik was on his game there is no way i would rule him out in a rematch... and i guess we differ cuzz i dont think pavlike was outclassed in that fight... outfought down the stretch maybe but not outclassed... B. Hop outclassed him...

+Quote Post
Guest_Fitz_*
post Feb 16 2011, 07:39 AM
Post #16

Guests

QUOTE (STEVENSKI @ Feb 16 2011, 11:03 PM) *
If Pavlik has gotten sober & is really working AA's 12 step program he is in with a big chance. Those programes change your life completely provided you give it 100%. If he is he will be back to peak fitness & focused on winning.

Yes, but if he gets himself right, he will still be back at square one. Just another B level fighter.

QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ Feb 16 2011, 11:11 PM) *
is this fight signed?.... as far as skill level, i suppose maybe i worded that a little wrong but comparingthe 2 in my opinion is like comparing chavez and meldrick taylor if that makes sense to you... 1 has a much greater skill set (taylor) than the other but you can equally compare the two... they match up evenly once everything is compared... that was my point... if they rematched and pavlik was on his game there is no way i would rule him out in a rematch... and i guess we differ cuzz i dont think pavlike was outclassed in that fight... outfought down the stretch maybe but not outclassed... B. Hop outclassed him...

Yeah I can see what you are saying. Thanks JBaby.

+Quote Post
STEVENSKI
post Feb 16 2011, 05:09 PM
Post #17

Chief Haterizer

Member No.: 91

QUOTE (Fitz @ Feb 16 2011, 11:39 PM) *
Yes, but if he gets himself right, he will still be back at square one. Just another B level fighter.

I think you are being overly harsh. Who has Pavlik lost to? He has lost 2 fights to highly skilled & cagey boxers.

I know you hate him but he is more than a B level fighter.

+Quote Post
gravytrain
post Feb 16 2011, 05:31 PM
Post #18

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 10,970

Pavlik could beat Williams if Williams doesn't learn to box like what he's; a tall fighter. the guy has good height and reach but he fights like he's 5'9". the big problem is that Pavlik might not even be able to make 160 anymore and if he does it's going to be hard on him, somebody with the output of Williams could give him some serious trouble and tire him out.

+Quote Post
JLUVBABY
post Feb 16 2011, 05:36 PM
Post #19

Light Heavyweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,447

i got to say this... Martinez has one really spectacular night and all of a sudden he's a killer?... he's a good fighter but its not like he's just icing these guys like he did williams on a regular... Dudes a very solid fighter but now i think its time to see how he builds on that win.. one fight dont make a killer....

+Quote Post
Guest_Fitz_*
post Feb 16 2011, 05:37 PM
Post #20

Guests

QUOTE (STEVENSKI @ Feb 17 2011, 09:09 AM) *
I think you are being overly harsh. Who has Pavlik lost to? He has lost 2 fights to highly skilled & cagey boxers.

I know you hate him but he is more than a B level fighter.

I think I am being extremely fair, there is no way Pavlik is an A level fighter.

I don't think people are calling guys like Abraham and Kessler A level guys. Pavlik is not much better than them, and cut from the same cloth. He is average, if he was European everyone would agree. He isn't that good.

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2014 - 07:43 AM