IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Williams-Pavlik, Who takes this fight at Middleweight?
Williams-Pavlik
Who wins at Middleweight?
Paul Williams [ 3 ] ** [50.00%]
Kelly Pavlik [ 3 ] ** [50.00%]
Total Votes: 6
Guests cannot vote 
JLUVBABY
post Feb 16 2011, 05:57 PM
Post #21

Light Heavyweight

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 4,447

QUOTE (Fitz @ Feb 16 2011, 04:37 PM) *
I think I am being extremely fair, there is no way Pavlik is an A level fighter.

I don't think people are calling guys like Abraham and Kessler A level guys. Pavlik is not much better than them, and cut from the same cloth. He is average, if he was European everyone would agree. He isn't that good.

guys like kessler and abraham would have a chance against martinez too.... you really think that one fight vs williams makes martinez an A level fighter fitz?... come on now... he's good but he needs to build on his win... right now, in my opinion, you cant say he's a b level type fighter but is he an lister?... he's one of those guys thats in linbo between high level b and the elite fighter... in my opinion...
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Lil-lightsout
post Feb 16 2011, 06:08 PM
Post #22

Light Heavyweight

Member No.: 3,047

QUOTE (Fitz @ Feb 16 2011, 05:37 PM) *
I think I am being extremely fair, there is no way Pavlik is an A level fighter.

Fucking hater. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) Everything you say about Pavlik is extremely biased.

+Quote Post
Guest_Fitz_*
post Feb 16 2011, 06:33 PM
Post #23

Guests

QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ Feb 17 2011, 09:57 AM) *
guys like kessler and abraham would have a chance against martinez too.... you really think that one fight vs williams makes martinez an A level fighter fitz?... come on now... he's good but he needs to build on his win... right now, in my opinion, you cant say he's a b level type fighter but is he an lister?... he's one of those guys thats in linbo between high level b and the elite fighter... in my opinion...

JLuv, you keep putting words in my mouth. I haven't even mentioned on how good I think Martinez is in this thread, other than I think he is more skilled than Pavlik, but I am talking purely about Pavlik as a fighter and this has nothing to do with Martinez.

I know B level fighters can beat A grade fighters. Guys like Maidana, Mayorga, Margarito etc are examples of this. I don't know where I rate Martinez. You are right, he probably is in between, but I am not even commenting about Martinez being an A lister, lol.
This is all about Pavlik.

+Quote Post
Guest_Fitz_*
post Feb 16 2011, 06:35 PM
Post #24

Guests

QUOTE (Lil-lightsout @ Feb 17 2011, 10:08 AM) *
Fucking hater. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) Everything you say about Pavlik is extremely biased.

Haha, no I am not. I said ages ago he looks like an alcoholic before it came out, I said he is a one dimensional fighter and ordinary when people were saying how great he is and talking about Fighter of the Year. It's just negative things, but facts. Definitely not being bias here (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post
JLUVBABY
post Feb 16 2011, 06:40 PM
Post #25

Light Heavyweight

QUOTE (Fitz @ Feb 16 2011, 05:35 PM) *
Haha, no I am not. I said ages ago he looks like an alcoholic before it came out, I said he is a one dimensional fighter and ordinary when people were saying how great he is and talking about Fighter of the Year. It's just negative things, but facts. Definitely not being bias here (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

fitz when i told my story about the pool hall in kentucky i go to when im out there every body laughed.... that was back in 09... imagine if he didnt have that issue... pavlik has other attributes that make up for his lack of skill set if you want to say it that way... lol... his attributes make him a very skilled fighter even if its in a crude kind of way...

+Quote Post
Guest_Fitz_*
post Feb 16 2011, 07:26 PM
Post #26

Guests

Yes I agree with that. His right was a pretty good equaliser.

+Quote Post
JLUVBABY
post Feb 16 2011, 07:43 PM
Post #27

Light Heavyweight

QUOTE (Fitz @ Feb 16 2011, 05:33 PM) *
JLuv, you keep putting words in my mouth. I haven't even mentioned on how good I think Martinez is in this thread, other than I think he is more skilled than Pavlik, but I am talking purely about Pavlik as a fighter and this has nothing to do with Martinez.

I know B level fighters can beat A grade fighters. Guys like Maidana, Mayorga, Margarito etc are examples of this. I don't know where I rate Martinez. You are right, he probably is in between, but I am not even commenting about Martinez being an A lister, lol.
This is all about Pavlik.

not putting words in your mouth... lol... but i dont think comparing pavlik to martinez is far fetched at all...

+Quote Post
Guest_Fitz_*
post Feb 16 2011, 07:55 PM
Post #28

Guests

No it isn't, but like I said. I was focusing on the skill level between them, lol.

Just like if I was to say Khan is much more skilful than Maidana, but obviously looking at the fight and comparing them in a fight, it isn't far fetched, lol.

+Quote Post
The Ollie Reed F...
post Feb 16 2011, 09:16 PM
Post #29

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 7,287

Sober Pavlik beats punch drunk Williams. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

OK OK so maybe Paul isn't quite that bad, but like Slim mentioned in another thread I fear Paul's punch resistance is gone. I think we saw shades of it in the Cintron fight.

+Quote Post
JLUVBABY
post Feb 16 2011, 09:40 PM
Post #30

Light Heavyweight

QUOTE (The Ollie Reed Fan Club @ Feb 16 2011, 08:16 PM) *
Sober Pavlik beats punch drunk Williams. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

OK OK so maybe Paul isn't quite that bad, but like Slim mentioned in another thread I fear Paul's punch resistance is gone. I think we saw shades of it in the Cintron fight.

the way williams fights with his chin out it was a matter of time before someone threw the right punch to exploit it... the way he throws a million punches kept a lot of those guys off him long enough to no be able to exploit that issue with him... personally id like to see a 3rd fight between martinez and williams... they are both capable of knocking the other out... i.m.o...

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st August 2014 - 01:57 AM