IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

4 Pages V  « < 2 3 4  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Williams-Pavlik, Who takes this fight at Middleweight?
Williams-Pavlik
Who wins at Middleweight?
Paul Williams [ 3 ] ** [50.00%]
Kelly Pavlik [ 3 ] ** [50.00%]
Total Votes: 6
Guests cannot vote 
Lil-lightsout
post Feb 16 2011, 10:11 PM
Post #31

Light Heavyweight

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 3,047

QUOTE (Fitz @ Feb 16 2011, 06:35 PM) *
Haha, no I am not. I said ages ago he looks like an alcoholic before it came out, I said he is a one dimensional fighter and ordinary when people were saying how great he is and talking about Fighter of the Year. It's just negative things, but facts. Definitely not being bias here (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

You know I was just messing with you. Though he has two solid wins over JT, what else has he done so great? I think many of us were expecting great/good things from him after those wins. But looking at it now, it is clear to see though he is a decent fighter, he really is nothing special. Look how Hopkins just plain embarrassed him, Pavlik looked lost in there. JT finishes off Pavlik early on like he should have, and we would never even be discussing this. Also maybe with his alcohol problem is hindering his performances too which is even making him look even worse. I thought overall is best performance was the rematch with JT.

Pavlik needs to lick this alcohol problem, get a quality trainer with quality sparring, and hit the tanning bed and he's all set for a successful comeback.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
gravytrain
post Feb 16 2011, 10:28 PM
Post #32

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 10,970

QUOTE (Lil-lightsout @ Feb 16 2011, 10:11 PM) *
You know I was just messing with you. Though he has two solid wins over JT, what else has he done so great? I think many of us were expecting great/good things from him after those wins. But looking at it now, it is clear to see though he is a decent fighter, he really is nothing special. Look how Hopkins just plain embarrassed him, Pavlik looked lost in there. JT finishes off Pavlik early on like he should have, and we would never even be discussing this. Also maybe with his alcohol problem is hindering his performances too which is even making him look even worse. I thought overall is best performance was the rematch with JT.

Pavlik needs to lick this alcohol problem, get a quality trainer with quality sparring, and hit the tanning bed and he's all set for a successful comeback.

his pale skin is part of his strategy, the lights reflect off of him and blind his opponents.

+Quote Post
The Ollie Reed F...
post Feb 16 2011, 10:32 PM
Post #33

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 7,287

QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ Feb 16 2011, 09:40 PM) *
the way williams fights with his chin out it was a matter of time before someone threw the right punch to exploit it... the way he throws a million punches kept a lot of those guys off him long enough to no be able to exploit that issue with him... personally id like to see a 3rd fight between martinez and williams... they are both capable of knocking the other out... i.m.o...

I don't know if Williams hits hard enough to keep Pavlik off of him. And I'm not sure that Williams is even that gifted technically, he makes a lot of mistakes. The reason Williams kept a lot of guys away from him was that fighting at 147 and 154 he was freakishly tall. He's still tall at MW but everytime he goes up a division that advantage is negated.

I'm not sure why you think Williams can knock Martinez out, I've never seen him spark an elite level boxer.

+Quote Post
JLUVBABY
post Feb 17 2011, 01:44 AM
Post #34

Light Heavyweight

Member No.: 4,447

QUOTE (The Ollie Reed Fan Club @ Feb 16 2011, 09:32 PM) *
I don't know if Williams hits hard enough to keep Pavlik off of him. And I'm not sure that Williams is even that gifted technically, he makes a lot of mistakes. The reason Williams kept a lot of guys away from him was that fighting at 147 and 154 he was freakishly tall. He's still tall at MW but everytime he goes up a division that advantage is negated.

I'm not sure why you think Williams can knock Martinez out, I've never seen him spark an elite level boxer.

i think they both are capable of knocking the other out... they've both had the other down, it's just that the last time one went down martinez did the knocking down and landed right punch causing the knocking out... im very confident in saying martinez gets hit right by williams we'll get similar results... williams may not be a one punch knockout puncher but his punch is respectable... the right punch lands and thats all a fighter needs is a respectable punch, they dont have to be ko punchers to land a devastating blow.... take williams ko for instance... im not calling it luck what im saying is it was the right punch at the exact right moment for deliver that type of effect... that role could very easily reverse in a rematch...

+Quote Post
gravytrain
post Feb 17 2011, 01:48 AM
Post #35

Junior Middleweight

QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ Feb 17 2011, 01:44 AM) *
i think they both are capable of knocking the other out... they've both had the other down, it's just that the last time one went down martinez did the knocking down and landed right punch causing the knocking out... im very confident in saying martinez gets hit right by williams we'll get similar results... williams may not be a one punch knockout puncher but his punch is respectable... the right punch lands and thats all a fighter needs is a respectable punch, they dont have to be ko punchers to land a devastating blow.... take williams ko for instance... im not calling it luck what im saying is it was the right punch at the exact right moment for deliver that type of effect... that role could very easily reverse in a rematch...

Williams put him down but that's nothing, that looked more like Martinez was off balance. i see Williams losing again probably by a wide decision or late stoppage.

+Quote Post
JLUVBABY
post Feb 17 2011, 01:57 AM
Post #36

Light Heavyweight

QUOTE (gravytrain @ Feb 17 2011, 12:48 AM) *
Williams put him down but that's nothing, that looked more like Martinez was off balance. i see Williams losing again probably by a wide decision or late stoppage.

williams may lose a third match... im just saying regardless of the ko in the last fight i think williams is more than capable of contending with martinez... wide decision for martinez?... only if williams is shell shocked form the ko... barring a one punch ko in their fights i think they would always fight a close battle... they could fight 10 times and no matter who wins or how in the ten i think they'd all be descent fights...

+Quote Post
gravytrain
post Feb 17 2011, 02:14 AM
Post #37

Junior Middleweight

QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ Feb 17 2011, 01:57 AM) *
williams may lose a third match... im just saying regardless of the ko in the last fight i think williams is more than capable of contending with martinez... wide decision for martinez?... only if williams is shell shocked form the ko... barring a one punch ko in their fights i think they would always fight a close battle... they could fight 10 times and no matter who wins or how in the ten i think they'd all be descent fights...

there was some luck in that punch from Martinez of course but that shit wasn't random, he's studied Williams and has his number. i have no problem seeing them fight again but i really see Martinez winning soundly unless Williams changes his team around.

+Quote Post
JLUVBABY
post Feb 17 2011, 02:20 AM
Post #38

Light Heavyweight

QUOTE (gravytrain @ Feb 17 2011, 01:14 AM) *
there was some luck in that punch from Martinez of course but that shit wasn't random, he's studied Williams and has his number. i have no problem seeing them fight again but i really see Martinez winning soundly unless Williams changes his team around.

like i said, and i could be dead wrong... but barring a one punch ko i can see williams getting with martinez and making a close fight win or lose... as we have agreed on in another thread i think williams becomes a better fighter if he switches to a manny steward... id be interested to see what steward could do to williams..

+Quote Post
gravytrain
post Feb 17 2011, 02:48 AM
Post #39

Junior Middleweight

QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ Feb 17 2011, 02:20 AM) *
like i said, and i could be dead wrong... but barring a one punch ko i can see williams getting with martinez and making a close fight win or lose... as we have agreed on in another thread i think williams becomes a better fighter if he switches to a manny steward... id be interested to see what steward could do to williams..

teach him to fight tall and be about untouchable in his weight classes of 147-154 lol. Cotto is gonna be gone sooner rather than later and he's not getting with Williams, i think Steward would like working with him too because all he really needs is to fight tall and he'll be nice.

well there's a lot that can happen in a fight, i just don't think Williams will beat him though. Martinez just knows what to expect and Williams doesn't want to bring anything new to the table.

+Quote Post
The Ollie Reed F...
post Feb 17 2011, 02:53 AM
Post #40

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 7,287

QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ Feb 17 2011, 03:20 AM) *

That is the intangible I guess, seeing how Williams has been affected by that brutal KO. I guess none of us will know (including Williams) until we see him fight again and then maybe we can make a better judgement.

Me if I'm gonna call it I see some fall off in Paul and I thought we saw glimpses of it in the Cintron fight before that dim shit Kermit frog leaped out of the ring.

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  « < 2 3 4
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th August 2014 - 09:17 PM