IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

9 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> ESPN2- Lemieux vs Rubio Fight Info., SPOILERS WITHIN ABOUT 8:00PM (PT)/11(ET) TONIGHT
SENTRAL
post Feb 17 2011, 03:17 AM
Post #1

Super Flyweight

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 10,900

On April 8th David Lemieux takes his next step towards global middleweight super-stardom when he faces the experienced Mexican, Marco Antonio Rubio.  This is something of an acid test for David who would be wise not to overlook the vastly more experienced Rubio.  Marco has heavy hands and if he manages to land a bomb on Lemieux we will all find out if, as I believe, David is the real thing.
  I take David to blast Rubio out in frightening fashion, sending out a statement of intent to the rest of the middleweight division, none more so than champion Martinez.  There are many skeptics claiming the Canadian will be exposed when he gets hit, or when his devastating punching power isn't enough to take his man out, and his stamina is found wanting. Rubio is on a 6 fight winning streak since his uninspired defeat by Kelly Pavlik but he is not the man to upset Lemieux.

David Lemieux KO 2.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
The Ollie Reed F...
post Feb 17 2011, 03:44 AM
Post #2

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 7,287

David Lemieux.

This could only be a SENTRAL thread (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post
SENTRAL
post Feb 17 2011, 03:51 AM
Post #3

Super Flyweight

Bobs your uncle Ollie. What's your take on this fight? Come on, "rattle your dags!"
(IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

+Quote Post
The Ollie Reed F...
post Feb 17 2011, 04:10 AM
Post #4

Super Middleweight

QUOTE (SENTRAL @ Feb 17 2011, 03:51 AM) *
"rattle your dags!"

Holy fuck where did you find that saying? Did you Google 'slang from downunder?' Was it just under 'throw another shrimp on the barbie?' (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

Look I'll be honest I haven't seen as much of Lemieux as you obviously have. However you seem to know your onions (apart from that whole Haye beats Klit fiasco) so I'll take your word for it.

What I have seen of Lemieux he reminds me a little of a young Nigel Benn if that makes any sense, and certainly no insult to him. This looks to be a progression fight for him and good match making by his team. He'll win I have no doubt about that but it's how he wins that we're interested in. Rubio is a good litmus test for an up and comer and it will tell his camp exactly where he is.

You're right though a good win definately puts him in the mix in the division. The Canada thing will be a problem though. After the Hokins/Pascal fight it is danger of turning into the new Germany and big names will be reluctant to fight there. I'm assuming the fight is in Canada yeah?

In order to progress he may have to start fighting on American soil.

+Quote Post
SENTRAL
post Feb 17 2011, 04:25 AM
Post #5

Super Flyweight

Yeah I might be two sammies short of a picnic with my Haye prediction but it appears like we might never find out how crazy I am with that one. Lemieux meets Rubio in Montreal and although he will definitely receive more groans for having yet another fight in Canada I'd hope the fans don't turn against him. He will box in the US eventually and when he does I'm certain his fan base will grow extremely fast. The Benn comparison is good although he isn't as wild as Nigel was but he hits as hard, or appears to, and fights with the same bad intentions. I'm being bold with my predictions but I have a strong feeling he could be the real deal

+Quote Post
Lil-lightsout
post Feb 17 2011, 04:30 AM
Post #6

Light Heavyweight

Member No.: 3,047

QUOTE (SENTRAL @ Feb 17 2011, 04:25 AM) *
Yeah I might be two sammies short of a picnic with my Haye prediction but it appears like we might never find out how crazy I am with that one. Lemieux meets Rubio in Montreal and although he will definitely receive more groans for having yet another fight in Canada I'd hope the fans don't turn against him. He will box in the US eventually and when he does I'm certain his fan base will grow extremely fast. The Benn comparison is good although he isn't as wild as Nigel was but he hits as hard, or appears to, and fights with the same bad intentions. I'm being bold with my predictions but I have a strong feeling he could be the real deal

Have not seen this guy fight, but that is a bold statement saying he hits as hard as Benn. Nigel had crippling one punch power! Time will tell about this dude.

+Quote Post
Maxy
post Feb 17 2011, 04:35 AM
Post #7

Born in England, Live in England, Die in England.

Member No.: 1,443

I've only seen youtube footage of this Lemieux fella - which ain't a problem cos all his fights are short anyway, pretty much. Does seem like he hits fuckin' hard but until he shows that type of power is effective at a higher level it's way too soon to start comparing him with the Dark Destroyer.

+Quote Post
The Ollie Reed F...
post Feb 17 2011, 04:49 AM
Post #8

Super Middleweight

QUOTE (Maxy @ Feb 17 2011, 04:35 AM) *
I've only seen youtube footage of this Lemieux fella - which ain't a problem cos all his fights are short anyway, pretty much. Does seem like he hits fuckin' hard but until he shows that type of power is effective at a higher level it's way too soon to start comparing him with the Dark Destroyer.

Maxy I'm not comparing talent or punching power more just saying there is something about him that reminds me of Benn. Maybe it's the way he digs his hooks to the body, from the amount I've seen of him they appear a little Benn-esque.

+Quote Post
The Ollie Reed F...
post Feb 17 2011, 04:56 AM
Post #9

Super Middleweight

QUOTE (SENTRAL @ Feb 17 2011, 04:25 AM) *

I've actually got no problem with guys fighting on home soil, lets face it many American fighters never leave the U.S. My thoughts are more around him finding it harder to lure good quality opposition to Canada to fight him.

Progression in America is no bad thing though, especially for the bank balance.

You're 2 sammies short of a picnic alright about the Haye prediction. Tell you what if they ever fight we can sig bet, I win I get to put your old sigs back for a coupla weeks. Better looking at those 2 puppies than the 2 Canadians you've currently got there (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

You win you can have 4 weeks putting up whatever you like on mine, I'm guessing the suggestions that will come from these boards will probably be a couple of sheep humping or a pyschotic Maori warrior, haha.

+Quote Post
SENTRAL
post Feb 17 2011, 06:29 AM
Post #10

Super Flyweight

I'm brazen enough to stand by my convictions and if/when Haye meets (and then beats) a Klitschko I will be willing to partake in a sig bet with you.

Back to Lemieux, the major difference between him and Benn is where Benn was constantly looking for the KO with his wild fighting style, David is more measured and he doesn't necessarily look to take everyone out.  He is patient and isn't overly aggressive but because he has explosive power in his fists, as soon as his opponent feels it their approach to the fight instantly changes and David then begins to hunt them down.  I keep telling people there is no rush with David.  He has only been a pro since 2007, he is only 22 years old and if he does suffer a setback at any point on his rise to the top he still has plenty of time to come back. Rubio is a good step up, a solid fighter, a name in the division and someone who is capable of asking a few questions about David.  We don't know how he takes a shot yet but Rubio is experienced enough to perhaps answer that question.  We don't know how good his stamina is yet and again Rubio, on paper, is good
enough to answer that question.  But like I said, Rubio won't answers those questions because he is going to sleep in 2 rounds.

Oh and, take a shufti at this mate!
(IMG:http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_z9wukg2jI08/SxKSy3ktcaI/AAAAAAAAAAs/QrYGrv6uuYg/s1600/whytx.jpg)

+Quote Post

9 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 1st August 2014 - 12:06 PM