IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

9 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> ESPN2- Lemieux vs Rubio Fight Info., SPOILERS WITHIN ABOUT 8:00PM (PT)/11(ET) TONIGHT
The Ollie Reed F...
post Feb 17 2011, 07:05 AM
Post #11

Super Middleweight

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 7,287

QUOTE (SENTRAL @ Feb 17 2011, 06:29 AM) *
I'm brazen enough to stand by my convictions and if/when Haye meets (and then beats) a Klitschko I will be willing to partake in a sig bet with you.

Oh and, take a shufti at this mate!
(IMG:http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_z9wukg2jI08/SxKSy3ktcaI/AAAAAAAAAAs/QrYGrv6uuYg/s1600/whytx.jpg)

Unfortunately I do believe this happens around Valentine's Day (or any old random Friday night) when lonely farmer's can't find dates (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
lloyd mayflower
post Feb 18 2011, 01:04 AM
Post #12

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 7,369

Unfortunately rumours have persisted over the years of this practice taking place in the north of Scotland, and also throughout Wales!

+Quote Post
Maxy
post Feb 18 2011, 06:13 PM
Post #13

Born in England, Live in England, Die in England.

Member No.: 1,443

QUOTE (The Ollie Reed Fan Club @ Feb 17 2011, 04:49 AM) *
Maxy I'm not comparing talent or punching power more just saying there is something about him that reminds me of Benn. Maybe it's the way he digs his hooks to the body, from the amount I've seen of him they appear a little Benn-esque.

Yeah I see what you're saying. I ain't seen too much of this fella though. Youtube can make anyone look great and he's been in so many short fights it's difficult to make a proper judgment of him. I reckon this next fight will sway me one way or another so I'm looking forward to it. If he can be anywhere near Benns level of excitement against genuine top quality opposition I will be right up there with his biggest fans. Straight up, the sport needs a fuckin lethal KO artist and none of this Bradley and Ward butting shit that seems to be in favour right now.

+Quote Post
mexi-cutioner
post Apr 4 2011, 04:43 PM
Post #14

Lightweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,263

QUOTE (sportsbun @ Apr 4 2011, 10:39 AM) *
Montreal middleweight David Lemieux is moving toward a title eliminator against Marco Antonio Rubio, a former title challenger from Mexico.

http://sportsneed.com/david-lemieux-vs-mar...hlights-online/

uh...cool, I never knew that before reading this thread. Thanks Tips!

+Quote Post
mexi-cutioner
post Apr 4 2011, 04:53 PM
Post #15

Lightweight

Lemieux will wipe out Rubio in under 5 rounds. Lemieux is the man and I don't think the Nigel Benn comparisons are too far off, but imo he is a more polished boxer than Benn was. After this bout, I'd like to see Lemieux take on someone like Manfredo Jr, Andy Lee or Brian Vera before challenging for the title. Only problem is, while Lemieux is a BIG draw in Quebec and can fill up stadiums, that's the only place where he is a draw. I can see a lot of world champs refusing to take their belt into their challenger's home turf to defend the title and Lemieux would definitely not attract/sell as many seats fighting anywhere outside of Canada. With that said I think it's important he experiences 1-2 fights in the US now so American fans can get a better glimpse of the kid b4 he fights for the title.

+Quote Post
mexi-cutioner
post Apr 4 2011, 04:53 PM
Post #16

Lightweight

Lemieux will wipe out Rubio in under 5 rounds. Lemieux is the man and I don't think the Nigel Benn comparisons are too far off, but imo he is a more polished boxer than Benn was. After this bout, I'd like to see Lemieux take on someone like Manfredo Jr, Andy Lee or Brian Vera before challenging for the title. Only problem is, while Lemieux is a BIG draw in Quebec and can fill up stadiums, that's the only place where he is a draw. I can see a lot of world champs refusing to take their belt into their challenger's home turf to defend the title and Lemieux would definitely not attract/sell as many seats fighting anywhere outside of Canada. With that said I think it's important he experiences 1-2 fights in the US now so American fans can get a better glimpse of the kid b4 he fights for the title.

+Quote Post
SENTRAL
post Apr 7 2011, 12:58 PM
Post #17

Super Flyweight

Member No.: 10,900

David Lemieux has claimed he would knock out Sergio Martinez should they ever fight.  He said, "I believe that I would  break Martinez down and then I would look for an opportunity for a  knockout, because  he does get hit, and he's open for some of my shots. He's a very good fighter, but I think and believe that I would be able  to break him down and then finish him off.. I would cut off the  ring and make Martinez fight in a phone booth. I've
been trained very  well, and I know how to move, and I'm a very good,
aggressive fighter. I cut off the ring very well and I cut down fighters.. I  would be able
to do that against Sergio Martinez. That would be no  problem for me."

Fighting talk.  Check back after Friday night to see how David destroys Rubio en-route to his middleweight domination.

+Quote Post
EAlbian
post Apr 7 2011, 01:24 PM
Post #18

Team BU''s Little Play Thing...LOL

Member No.: 7,451

QUOTE (SENTRAL @ Apr 7 2011, 12:58 PM) *
David Lemieux has claimed he would knock out Sergio Martinez should they ever fight.  He said, "I believe that I would  break Martinez down and then I would look for an opportunity for a  knockout, because  he does get hit, and he's open for some of my shots. He's a very good fighter, but I think and believe that I would be able  to break him down and then finish him off.. I would cut off the  ring and make Martinez fight in a phone booth. I've
been trained very  well, and I know how to move, and I'm a very good,
aggressive fighter. I cut off the ring very well and I cut down fighters.. I  would be able
to do that against Sergio Martinez. That would be no  problem for me."

Fighting talk.  Check back after Friday night to see how David destroys Rubio en-route to his middleweight domination.

Haha, talk is cheap sweetheart. Lemieux needs to prove a lot more before he starts claiming he's going to knockout the man @160. Rubio is a good test for him, looking forward to the fight tomorrow

+Quote Post
D-MARV
post Apr 8 2011, 09:35 PM
Post #19

Heavyweight

Member No.: 6,540

Lemieux was in a little bit of trouble in round 6.

+Quote Post
D-MARV
post Apr 8 2011, 09:38 PM
Post #20

Heavyweight

Member No.: 6,540

THANK YOU JESUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 Overrated BUM down! Maidana gets it handed to him tomorrow!

+Quote Post

9 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2014 - 07:30 AM