IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Is anone watching the Alvarez vs Hatton salughter on HBO next week?
BlueMercury
post Feb 27 2011, 04:49 PM
Post #1

Junior Flyweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 11,526

*slaughter
James Kirkland, Daniel Jacobs, George Groves, and Frankie Gomez will all be on the under card. Also a match featuring (co main event) Daniel Ponce De Leon vs the undefeated Adrian 'The Problem' Bronner. Will any of you shell out the bucks to pay for the fight? Or just wait for a stream (IMG:style_emoticons/default/nono.gif)

This post has been edited by Jack 1000: Mar 3 2011, 12:33 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
KYLE THEEE SPINK...
post Feb 27 2011, 05:44 PM
Post #2

Welterweight

Member No.: 1,386

Ugh, I think this is on HBO next week. Unless you're residing in another country besides US, this will be available for "free" on HBO BAD. I don't think many sane people would buy this, especially with three other PPV shows coming up in the next 2 months. Oscar will literally shit his pants if Hatton pulls the upset though.

+Quote Post
kidbazooka1
post Feb 27 2011, 06:31 PM
Post #3

Super Middleweight

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 1,319

This is not PPV it's gonna be regular HBO.

DeLeon vs Bronner should be a good fight too i've been hearing good things about Bronner but Deleon has been on a pretty good win streak since losing to JuanMa.

+Quote Post
BlueMercury
post Feb 27 2011, 08:27 PM
Post #4

Junior Flyweight

Member No.: 11,526

QUOTE (kidbazooka1 @ Feb 27 2011, 03:31 PM) *
This is not PPV it's gonna be regular HBO.

DeLeon vs Bronner should be a good fight too i've been hearing good things about Bronner but Deleon has been on a pretty good win streak since losing to JuanMa.

Oh shit my bad ur right...damn (IMG:style_emoticons/default/black eye.gif)

+Quote Post
Jack 1000
post Feb 28 2011, 04:44 AM
Post #5

The Consultant

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 14

Yup HBO next weekend. Looks like a horrible mismatch! I hate to say this, but I think the Strikeforce card is gonna be better on Showtime, also next Saturday.

Jack

+Quote Post
Maxy
post Mar 1 2011, 11:51 AM
Post #6

Born in England, Live in England, Die in England.

Member No.: 1,443

This fight ain't even on in England unless something has changed in the last day. Nobody gives Hatton a chance, it's set up nicely for Alvarez to feast on the name Hatton and then move on.

Alvarez TKO 6.

+Quote Post
gravytrain
post Mar 1 2011, 07:56 PM
Post #7

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 10,970

QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Mar 1 2011, 10:30 AM) *
Gotta disagree Jack.

Ponce de Leon v Bronner is worth recording StrikeForce in my estimation. Hopefully, they will give us a look at the Kirkland and the Jacobs fights. They are both of interest to me. It looks like Kirkland is getting busy in the right way. I guess he is scheduled to fight again in about a month.

I also think that Hatton will be a decent test for Alvarez. Sure, it doesn't look like much on paper, but Hatton is a seasoned pro that I believe is a bit of a step up for Alvarez. So far, I'm just not as impressed as a lot of people with the redheaded kid. Potential? Certainly, but I think they are bringing him along properly.

Saul may be bigtime in Mexico but he isn't ready to step up against the elite just yet.

i don't know about that Beardo, it's one thing to get a fighter experience against lower quality fighters that are going to bring different styles and strengths to him to make him adapt, currently i think they just want some knockouts for his highlight reel. they're behind him in a big way and sooner or later they're going to drop the franchise tag on him, he's not going to be ready for that. GBP isn't going to have shit when Mayweather is gone and i really think they're going to put him in a bad spot when they try to rush him into the void left by him.

+Quote Post
gravytrain
post Mar 2 2011, 01:17 AM
Post #8

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 10,970

QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Mar 2 2011, 12:53 AM) *
Dude's 35-0 gravy. He aint being rushed into anything, and rightly so. I thought Ndou gave Alvarez a decent workout, and Hatton will do the same (though he may well visit Twitchland).

I think Saul is actually being groomed for a run at middleweight. Angulo would be a nice step up for Alvarez- maybe in Mexico City. but he still has Hatton to deal with, though most have already granted him the walk over.

a big problem is he's faced complete bums up until Cotto's brother so his record is really padded. his tests are designated losers but N'dou had Alvarez visibly frustrated at times when he really shouldn't have been. personally i see him being a guy like Berto, a prospect with a belt. since GBP really isn't going to have anyone in 2 years and he's a marketable guy i see him stepping it up when he's not prepared and losing soundly.

i think the real question is whether or not GBP will put him in with Angulo, Angulo will be over him faster than a border wall.

+Quote Post
Snoop
post Mar 2 2011, 01:38 AM
Post #9

Heavyweight

Member No.: 87

I dunno, isn't the kid only 20 yrs old? I actually think they're bringing him up a bit fast. I think someone mentioned in the other thread that should Alvarez win the WBC strap (which he should), he'll be expected to take on Champion-caliber opponents, something that, IMO, he isn't ready for. It's too bad because I actually think he has quite a bit of potential, but meeting someone like a Cintron or Angulo right now would be a bad move.

+Quote Post
The Ollie Reed F...
post Mar 2 2011, 02:57 AM
Post #10

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 7,287

QUOTE (Snoop @ Mar 2 2011, 01:38 AM) *
I dunno, isn't the kid only 20 yrs old? I actually think they're bringing him up a bit fast. I think someone mentioned in the other thread that should Alvarez win the WBC strap (which he should), he'll be expected to take on Champion-caliber opponents, something that, IMO, he isn't ready for. It's too bad because I actually think he has quite a bit of potential, but meeting someone like a Cintron or Angulo right now would be a bad move.

Guess what Snoop? I agree!! Ha ha.

With every last word. The dude is so young and although as Beardo has pointed out he's had 35 fights they have mostly been against bum-of-the-month types. But why the rush?

I'll also agree with Beardo he will make a run at MW where maybe his lack of speed won't be such a factor. This will be interesting to see how GBP develop a young talent, not quite from scratch but pretty darn close to it.

I think they'll fuck it up.

Can't wait to see me some Hatton bashing though. Always got time for that, even if it's only a Matthew Hatton beating (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2014 - 01:51 PM