Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Bones Jones vs Shogun
AussieLad
post Mar 11 2011, 05:40 AM
Post #1

Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 603

So, i am interested to hear peoples opinions on Bones Jones vs Shogun, particularly Warlords given he is a huge fan of shoguns from pride days.

Jones represents a big test for anyone. Thats guy is punching well above his weight in terms of actual experience. He is doing phenomenally well. But this could be one of those moments when the young guy on a tear and looking unstoppable comes to grief when he reaches the highest levels too quickly, suddenly realizing how deep the water are all of a sudden.

Much like Machida looking the goods before he met shogun, before meeting someone capable of making the necessary adjustments. Machida really did look a winner. If he was in against a dangerous fighter, he could ghost most guys and take an easy decision with his elusive movements. And he was capable of stopping guys if he commited to his counters, and putting weight into his straight leads. I really thought he was too elusive for the rest of the current division and looking at a good run as champ, then he finds himself staring at shogun and the shit hits the fan.

That being said, i think Jones will be a tougher fight for shogun than the Machida fights. The guy is a specimen.

This post has been edited by AussieLad: Mar 11 2011, 05:41 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
kidbazooka1
post Mar 11 2011, 10:06 AM
Post #2

Super Middleweight

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 1,319

Man i can't waite for this one arguably the two best LHW going at it. Im rooting for Shgoun all the way and i hope he wins but my gut tells me Jones is gonna take it but i hope im wrong.

I wanna see Anderson take the title from Shogun first. LOL

+Quote Post
Warlord
post Mar 12 2011, 03:42 AM
Post #3

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 10,313

QUOTE (kidbazooka1 @ Mar 11 2011, 10:06 AM) *
Man i can't waite for this one arguably the two best LHW going at it. Im rooting for Shgoun all the way and i hope he wins but my gut tells me Jones is gonna take it but i hope im wrong.

I wanna see Anderson take the title from Shogun first. LOL

Won't happen. Anderson's too busy trying to fight overblown welterweights. He doesn't want anything to do with a real champion at 205.

Winning.

+Quote Post
kidbazooka1
post Mar 13 2011, 01:55 AM
Post #4

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 1,319

QUOTE (Warlord @ Mar 12 2011, 03:42 AM) *
Won't happen. Anderson's too busy trying to fight overblown welterweights. He doesn't want anything to do with a real champion at 205.

Winning.

Anderson is not the one calling out GSP bro it's the fans and Dana that wanna see GSP move up and fight Silva but we all kow GSP don't want none.

Anderson/Shogun is the real superfight IMO if Shogun wins.

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd August 2014 - 05:42 AM