IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Anderson Silva vs. Jon Jones, at 195...
FH's Opinion...
Old or New?
Silva [ 7 ] ** [50.00%]
Jones [ 5 ] ** [35.71%]
It's a pick 'em. [ 2 ] ** [14.29%]
Total Votes: 14
Guests cannot vote 
BigG
post Apr 1 2011, 03:45 AM
Post #21

Choppin Headz Boi!

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 19

I currently have these two tied at #1 p4p but I gotta give it to Jones when they fight...agree with C.E.O on this possibly being a blowout...I like Silva more than Jones but Jones is the only one who can beat him...Silva is a better striker but Jones proved against Shogun that he's no joke standing up...I think Jones by shutout decision...probabably be a gay and pound win
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
kidbazooka1
post Apr 1 2011, 09:26 AM
Post #22

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 1,319

QUOTE (BigG @ Apr 1 2011, 04:45 AM) *
I currently have these two tied at #1 p4p but I gotta give it to Jones when they fight...agree with C.E.O on this possibly being a blowout...I like Silva more than Jones but Jones is the only one who can beat him...Silva is a better striker but Jones proved against Shogun that he's no joke standing up...I think Jones by shutout decision...probabably be a gay and pound win

Jones wrestling and size will trouble Silva no doubt about it but my concerns with Jones is obviousley his striking(atleast against Silva)who is the best striker in the game. iIdon't see Jones pulling any of that sh*t he did with Shgoun against Silva cause if he did he'll get hurt badly. The other thing is can Jones go five hard rds he was already tiring against Shgoun going into the 3rd rd you can hear his corner worrying about it a bit in between rd's. Silva's condition is top notch.

Lets keep in mind Jones is still a very young fighter he just started haveing formal strking training two three yrs ago while impressive given what he has accomplished he can get away with it with the strikers he's fought but he won't get away with it with Anderson who in comparison makes Jones and everyone else he's fought look like amatuer strikers. Jones will realize he can't stand with Anderson within the first couple of mins.

This will be a tough fight for both guys but I don't see Jones fighting mistake free for five rd's he'll slip and when he does Silva will end it.

+Quote Post
Warlord
post Apr 1 2011, 09:55 PM
Post #23

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 10,313

QUOTE (kidbazooka1 @ Apr 1 2011, 09:26 AM) *
Jones wrestling and size will trouble Silva no doubt about it but my concerns with Jones is obviousley his striking(atleast against Silva)who is the best striker in the game. iIdon't see Jones pulling any of that sh*t he did with Shgoun against Silva cause if he did he'll get hurt badly. The other thing is can Jones go five hard rds he was already tiring against Shgoun going into the 3rd rd you can hear his corner worrying about it a bit in between rd's. Silva's condition is top notch.

Lets keep in mind Jones is still a very young fighter he just started haveing formal strking training two three yrs ago while impressive given what he has accomplished he can get away with it with the strikers he's fought but he won't get away with it with Anderson who in comparison makes Jones and everyone else he's fought look like amatuer strikers. Jones will realize he can't stand with Anderson within the first couple of mins.

This will be a tough fight for both guys but I don't see Jones fighting mistake free for five rd's he'll slip and when he does Silva will end it.

Agree with everything here, except that it is a tough fight for Silva. It might be an explosive fight, sure, it might even be a long fight if Jones decides to take it to the ground, but at no point would Silva ever be in danger.

Silva would decapitate Jones if it stayed standing for an appreciable amount of time. On the ground he would be threatening with submissions. Jones leaves his lanky ass arms exposed with his sloppy ground and pound, and any fighter worth his salt in jitz is gonna put Jones to sleep or make him tap.

+Quote Post
kidbazooka1
post Apr 3 2011, 05:33 PM
Post #24

Super Middleweight

QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Apr 3 2011, 09:45 AM) *
I can't see it being that easy given what Sonnen did to Silva. He was hurt repeatedly by someone not known for his standup. He was dominated for 4 1/2 rounds by someone not even close to the physical stature of Jones. If Jones hurt Silva the way Sonnen did, the fight would be ended, brutally. Silva would have to hurt Jones early to win this fight, IMO, and he certainly is capable of that.

C'mon this stuff about Silva being hurt by Sonnen is BS Smarty you should know beter. I was at that fight live and have the event recorded. Silva was not hurt by that first punch it caught him off guard and knocked him back but he was never and i repeat NEVER in an seriouse trouble or hurt you could see right after that Anderson dropped his hands and let Sonnen hit him with two-three right hands in a row to show him and the crowd that he wasn't hurt.

Please watch that fight again and as for that so called bogus KD that Silva haters try to say was a KD in the fifth even Sonnen acknowledged that it was a slip the punch came right over Anderson's head.

Also Like i've mentioned in the past Jones isn't a hard puncher he does not carry KO power he stops his opponents with a barrage of punches, elbows and knee's he's not capable of stopping elite fighters with one or two strikes like Anderson.

+Quote Post
kidbazooka1
post Apr 3 2011, 11:28 PM
Post #25

Super Middleweight

QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Apr 3 2011, 06:40 PM) *
I've got the fight recorded, Bazooka. I am not saying he was going out, but he was caught, more than once. He was being shut out, period. Sometimes live is not as good as on the HDTV with multiple angles and replay. Silva was shaken, visibly. He was hurt, visibly. He walked out hurt. He pulled that victory clean out his ass. Sonnen had him and let him escape. Sonnen is no Jones.

I am not suggesting that Jones would steamroll Silva. I think that Shogun was damaged goods coming into his fight with Jones. I think Jones is the latest flavor of hype. He has a ways to go before he should be mentioned on the same level as Silva or St.Pierre. But I also think that he would be no easy task for Silva right fukn now. He may be too much physically for Silva.

It is easy to say that Jones isn't a hard puncher but I think Shogun would beg to differ. There is no doubt that Jones left openings against Shogun that Silva may well exploit, but if the Silva that showed up for Sonnen showed up for Jones, Silva loses in brutal fashion.

I don't know what your meaning of hurt is but when a guy is wobbly, goes down, or can't protect himself are good signs of that. Anderson was never wobbly or hurt i just don't know how much better i can explaine it to you.

Like i said i also have that fight recorded and you can clealry see Silva was not hurt but it's amazing how some ppl try to make more out of that shot than what it really was. If Silva was hurt i would just admit it but he wasn't he was caught off guard knocked back by a good shot and thats all had he been hurt like you claime those follow up shots that Silva let Sonnen hit him with afterwards would have probably dropped him wobbled him or taken him out.

And the reason i say Jones isn't a hard puncher is cause i've seen the guy fight since his UFC debut he can't nor has he shown that he posses the power to knock you out clean. Doesn't mean he's not a good fighter he obviousley is it just means he doesn't have that natural born power in his strikes like others.

I have been in boxing both as a fan and participant long enough to know when someone was hurt by and punch and Sonnen landing that punch against Anderson was not an example of that.

This post has been edited by kidbazooka1: Apr 3 2011, 11:30 PM

+Quote Post
kidbazooka1
post Apr 4 2011, 12:58 AM
Post #26

Super Middleweight

QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Apr 3 2011, 11:39 PM) *
And I believe he was hurt and survived because he is a great fighter. And he was beat up badly. But we are obviously going to disagree on that and that's fine. It doesn't change the fact that Sonnen had his ass beat and failed to finish. Jones in the same position finishes it. Doesn't mean I picked Jones because I did not. Just pointing out that it would not be an easy fight for Silva. Sonnen wasn't and Jones would not be.

I can agree with it being a tough fight i said that aswell and it would be the most likely scenario but i could also see it being a quick KO or sub for Anderson like War is saying.

+Quote Post
Warlord
post Apr 4 2011, 09:09 AM
Post #27

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 10,313

First up, I agree with Smarty that Sonnen hurt Silva in the 1st. Silva never expected Chael to bang with him, and he was clearly buzzed. Was he wobbly and on queer street? No. But if Sonnen had stepped on the gas and gone crazy with punches, I think he could've forced the ref into waving it off. But he didn't. He was too fearful of Anderson's striking to try and go for the finish.

But that is neither here nor there. Jones, for all his hype, doesn't come close to Sonnen in terms of pure wrestling ability. I don't think he could replicate Sonnen's performance, nor would he be able to get in Silva's head the way Sonnen so clearly had done. After Silva pulled that miracle fluke out of his ass, he dropped to his knees and bowed down before Sonnen, placing the middleweight championship at his feet.

I don't see Jones beating that kind of respect into Silva. I see him getting sniped the same way Vitor Belfort did.

+Quote Post
kidbazooka1
post Apr 4 2011, 08:16 PM
Post #28

Super Middleweight

QUOTE (Warlord @ Apr 4 2011, 10:09 AM) *
First up, I agree with Smarty that Sonnen hurt Silva in the 1st. Silva never expected Chael to bang with him, and he was clearly buzzed. Was he wobbly and on queer street? No. But if Sonnen had stepped on the gas and gone crazy with punches, I think he could've forced the ref into waving it off. But he didn't. He was too fearful of Anderson's striking to try and go for the finish.

If Chael would have tried that he would have left himself open to Silva's counter strikes and got KO'ed himself. If Anderson was really hurt that would have been a good idea but he wasn't and Sonnen knew that thats why he didn't jump on him.

+Quote Post
The CEO
post Apr 5 2011, 08:41 AM
Post #29

SKULLSPLITTER

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,665

QUOTE (BigG @ Apr 1 2011, 04:45 AM) *

QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Apr 3 2011, 07:40 PM) *
I've got the fight recorded, Bazooka. I am not saying he was going out, but he was caught, more than once. He was being shut out, period. Sometimes live is not as good as on the HDTV with multiple angles and replay. Silva was shaken, visibly. He was hurt, visibly. He walked out hurt. He pulled that victory clean out his ass. Sonnen had him and let him escape. Sonnen is no Jones.

I am not suggesting that Jones would steamroll Silva. I think that Shogun was damaged goods coming into his fight with Jones. I think Jones is the latest flavor of hype. He has a ways to go before he should be mentioned on the same level as Silva or St.Pierre. But I also think that he would be no easy task for Silva right fukn now. He may be too much physically for Silva.

It is easy to say that Jones isn't a hard puncher but I think Shogun would beg to differ. There is no doubt that Jones left openings against Shogun that Silva may well exploit, but if the Silva that showed up for Sonnen showed up for Jones, Silva loses in brutal fashion.

I think Shogun wasn't as bad off as people think...he said he was fine leading up into the fight...he was probably at 75%...I believe that first knee he ate fucked him up and set the tone...that, coupled with Jones' original and persistent striking style...the side kicks to the knees and long, straight hands....his combinations were simple and brilliant....he dictated the range perfectly...his finishing shots (the left the body and the follow up knee) made Shogun TAP.

Yeah....people are definitely underestimating Jones' power...I would say he's one of the most damaging strikers around...standing up AND down on the ground...

I still can't get over how he dominated Rua standing up.....

Also...I don't know if Jones can make a 195 catchweight...maybe I should take that off the subject of the thread.....the kid is HUGE...it would probably have to go down at 205...and there should be no excuses since Silva's fought there before...

There's also the fact that Dana wants Jones to be THE Face of The UFC...he's more marketable than Silva...I'm not sure, but I believe he made an appearance on Leno? after the big win...Politics could be in play in a Decision if it's close...

In closing, all things considered, and not joking whatsoever....this is really leaning towards a mismatch.

I'm gonna win a tank of gas and a Red Lobster dinner off you, Bazooka.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post
kidbazooka1
post Apr 5 2011, 09:18 AM
Post #30

Super Middleweight

QUOTE (The CEO @ Apr 5 2011, 08:41 AM) *
In closing, all things considered, and not joking whatsoever....this is really leaning towards a mismatch.

If it's a mismatch it's gonna be Jones on the recieving end of the beating.

As for Jones outstriking Shogun no biggie Silva will never fight Jones the way Shogun did which was lunge forward with wide shots slow and sloppy. Had Anderson landed the kind of shots Jones landed on Shogun i guarantee Shogun would have been layed out cold in the first rd.

Jones strikes are good but the accuracy and power are not there Anderson's strikes are sniper-like when they land there usually fight ending.

This post has been edited by kidbazooka1: Apr 5 2011, 09:19 AM

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2014 - 06:38 AM