IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

8 Pages V  « < 6 7 8  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> HBO@9:45(ET)/6:45(PT): Gamboa vs. Solis-SPOILERS 15 Mins Later, No New Spoiler Threads, Duplicate Threads, or Public Streams
and the NEW
post Mar 27 2011, 09:38 PM
Post #71

Super Middleweight

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 333

QUOTE (ViperSniper @ Mar 28 2011, 01:24 AM) *
Overall I am more impressed with Gamboa than Lopez. At the moment Gamboa is so skilled & has got to be the most exciting fighter in boxing at the moment.

I would say Gamboa is the most exciting fighter in boxing at the moment, but I can't give anyone that above Donaire at this time. What he does in there so effortlessly to brutally, is something to behold.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
and the NEW
post Mar 27 2011, 11:57 PM
Post #72

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 333

Fair call Viper. Gamboa definately does appear more susceptible to a KO.

+Quote Post
JLUVBABY
post Mar 28 2011, 12:50 AM
Post #73

Light Heavyweight

Member No.: 4,447

QUOTE (and the NEW @ Mar 27 2011, 11:57 PM) *
Fair call Viper. Gamboa definately does appear more susceptible to a KO.

im not sure gamboa is so susceptible to being knocked out.... my thoughts on gamboa is yes he has gone down but most of his kd's come from balance issues... unlike, lets say, lopez who gets knocked down from a lack of a chin... not saying gamboa has the best chin but id say the jury is still out on the kid as far as thats concerned...

like ive stated before i think his balance issues stem from the range in which he needs to be to be effective which in return at times will leave him in vulnerable positions where he can be clipped or in a situation where he's not hurt yet the ref has no other choice but to call knockdowns... those short arms of his put him in a range where a lot of things can happen... i think that in itself will make him a very fun fighter to watch....

+Quote Post
Jack 1000
post Mar 28 2011, 02:05 AM
Post #74

The Consultant

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 14

Great shocking blowout KO for Gamboa!

He will be thrilling as long as his chin holds up!!!! What power!!!!!!!

Did the IBF sanction this fight? The ref was wearing the IBF logo, but the WBA belt was I think the only one mentioned.

Jack

+Quote Post
caneman
post Mar 28 2011, 12:18 PM
Post #75

Amateur

Member No.: 1,310

QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Mar 28 2011, 02:05 AM) *
Great shocking blowout KO for Gamboa!

He will be thrilling as long as his chin holds up!!!! What power!!!!!!!

Did the IBF sanction this fight? The ref was wearing the IBF logo, but the WBA belt was I think the only one mentioned.

Jack

The IBF stripped him for now showing up for a re-weigh or some crap!

+Quote Post
BigG
post Apr 1 2011, 04:22 AM
Post #76

Choppin Headz Boi!

Member No.: 19

Gamboa looked spectacular....shades of prime Jones and prime Tyson...

Disagree pr...John would get annihilated against Gamboa....I think John's one of the most underrated champions out there but I see this being a blowout like this fight...I'll favor Gamboa against Lopez in a war too...

+Quote Post
Oscare4
post Apr 1 2011, 06:00 AM
Post #77

Amateur

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,721

I could be wrong but the impression I get from Gamboa is that he fights kinda reckless sometimes just because he can against the current opposition. I wouldnt be surprised to see him get into some trouble before deciding to show us all how well he can box on the back foot like he did for years as a world class amateur.

+Quote Post
EAlbian
post Apr 4 2011, 11:37 AM
Post #78

Team BU''s Little Play Thing...LOL

Member No.: 7,451

I think Gamboa looked great but Solis looked like shit. He came in cold and bloated. He was also extremely stiff in there as well. Gamboa still needs a couple wins against solid fighters before i'm truely convinced he is the next coming of that special fighter, don't get me wrong he has all the talent in the world and i think he could be really special.

How about a Ponce de Leon fight? should test that chin and make for a rough solid scrap

+Quote Post

8 Pages V  « < 6 7 8
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st August 2014 - 06:29 PM