Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Strikeforces Diaz vs Daley
AussieLad
post Apr 7 2011, 02:42 AM
Post #1

Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 603

This looks like a good match up. I like the Diaz brothers. Aggressive and not giving a fuck what people think of them. Entertaining to watch

I like Diaz in this. Think he will take it to the ground and submit Daley. Daley has brutal power though and could easily switch off anyone in the divisions lights with one punch

Dont like Daley as much though since he took a swing at koscheck after the fight finnished. Poor sportsmanship and acting like a petulant child. No way to honour the warrior code
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
AussieLad
post Apr 17 2011, 04:43 AM
Post #2

Middleweight

Member No.: 603

That would want to be some serious wildcard there to beat Diaz. The dude is dangerous.

I assume you mean they dont want him overshadowing GSP? GSP certainly is marketable, and a poster boy for the UFC. Diaz could be just as markietable given his style and abilities, just not a clean cut image. He would be the bad boy.

The UFC isnt an organization which spoon feeds its champions with weak opponents. It loves throwing high profile new entrants to the wolves, just as much as loves stickingits champions in against the best they have available.

If they really wanted to preserve GSP for revenues sake, then they wouldnt be thinking about him fighting Anderson. Because Anderson is too big for GSP, and is going to fuck him up

+Quote Post
happygocampy
post Apr 19 2011, 02:15 AM
Post #3

Strawweight

Member No.: 4,569

Oh i should have explained better. I don't think Dana likes Diaz that much (an impression i got from watching interviews, and the history too), and fighters he don't like lose a lot of matches. I notice also, a lot of known fighters that come into UFC get tough fights and lose from the get go, fights they "should" win on paper. It makes UFC look great when that happens, i dunno if it's Dana exactly but somebody over there knows a heckof a lot about styles matching up.

So putting those 2 things together, i feel Nicks in for a loss his next fight. Maybe I'm crazy, I'll be cheering him on all the way nonetheless though, i got to see him fight live in San Jose against Cyborg back in Jan, was pretty awesome.

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th April 2014 - 05:39 AM