IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

7 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> James Kirkland..., Just wondering about last night & stoppage...
caneman
post Apr 10 2011, 01:15 PM
Post #1

Amateur

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 1,310

I seen some guys blaming Cortez for a bad stoppage but I felt like Kirkland was taking those punches really badly! I didn't see that as a really bad stoppage @ all even if Cortez can seriously suck @ times.

One more thing, don't all of you feel like you could have taken those punches?

This post has been edited by caneman: Apr 10 2011, 01:35 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Snoop
post Apr 10 2011, 01:26 PM
Post #2

Heavyweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 87

Admittedly, I hate Cortez, but Ishida had Kirkland down AND hurt THREE times with more than a minute left in the round. Isn't much argument for a "bad stoppage" there.

+Quote Post
TheFonz
post Apr 10 2011, 01:26 PM
Post #3

Team BU fun boy that gets passed around...

Group: Banned
Member No.: 10,999

What happened to his chin? This is a dude you walked through flush shot from Joel Julio, who is a known puncher.

+Quote Post
caneman
post Apr 10 2011, 01:33 PM
Post #4

Amateur

QUOTE (TheFonz @ Apr 10 2011, 01:26 PM) *
What happened to his chin? This is a dude you walked through flush shot from Joel Julio, who is a known puncher.

Maybe something happened in prison that we don't know about! lol!

+Quote Post
BigG
post Apr 10 2011, 01:42 PM
Post #5

Choppin Headz Boi!

Member No.: 19

Kirkland should still keep busy anyway....He didnt box at all in prison and its still important to stay in the gym and fight as often as possible....He was wobbled in the fight before this and I've seen him down a few times in the past so his chim is suspect. Like Maidana, he doesnt have good technical skills but he's exciting but Maidana is tougher. Good for the Japanese fighter....

Kirkland better work on his defense and skill or else he's going to get KOed again once he steps him with the elite.

+Quote Post
caneman
post Apr 10 2011, 01:56 PM
Post #6

Amateur

QUOTE (BigG @ Apr 10 2011, 01:42 PM) *
Kirkland should still keep busy anyway....He didnt box at all in prison and its still important to stay in the gym and fight as often as possible....He was wobbled in the fight before this and I've seen him down a few times in the past so his chim is suspect. Like Maidana, he doesnt have good technical skills but he's exciting but Maidana is tougher. Good for the Japanese fighter....

Kirkland better work on his defense and skill or else he's going to get KOed again once he steps him with the elite.

Yeah, I agree he should stay busy and same with Lemieux to be honest...only one fight but Kirkland has a serious chin issue & if those shots hurt him & it's gonna take more than a little defensive skills to change that!

+Quote Post
D-MARV
post Apr 10 2011, 05:02 PM
Post #7

Heavyweight

Member No.: 6,540

I hated the stoppage! I wanted to see Kirkland lay motionless.

The ref did Kirkland a favor. He was fucked up so bad he thought he wasn't hurt!

+Quote Post
HaydelHammer
post Apr 10 2011, 07:45 PM
Post #8

Welterweight

Member No.: 128

I talked to the guys at my gym today and they laughed at kirkland @ss.

You pick a jap guy with no punching power, coming out party (basically first rd KO party) and YOU get KO'd in the 1st............

all this = career is over. James is DONE ya'll. Period point blank. He is a gym spar imo. Espn fighter from here on out if he continues. He's done.

+Quote Post
Guest_ViperSniper_*
post Apr 10 2011, 08:54 PM
Post #9

Guests

I didn't really like how Cortez pinned Kirkland down with his knee and held him there. At least give him a chance to beat the count, then make that judgment. Either way though it may have not made a difference and Kirkland should have not found him self on the floor 3 times in minutes of the 1st round by punchers that didn't look so hard.

Good win for the Japanese!!

+Quote Post
caneman
post Apr 10 2011, 09:24 PM
Post #10

Amateur

I wonder if that fight was fixed? I don't get it either way! See here's the thing, after watching it again a few times, I know for a fact I could have handled every one of those punches & even slipped them...that 1st lefthand was nothing & none were killer punches & yet a pro is flopping around like a fish? IDK now....something smells really bad!

This post has been edited by caneman: Apr 10 2011, 09:34 PM

+Quote Post

7 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd July 2014 - 01:19 PM