IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Who has the brighter future now?, Kirkland or Lemieux?
JLUVBABY
post Apr 11 2011, 08:23 PM
Post #11

Light Heavyweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,447

QUOTE (caneman @ Apr 11 2011, 04:37 PM) *
I hear you but here is an example bro, I am far from a pro and there is NO WAY that bum would have floored me and I am old as dirt! lol

those punches where knocking kirklands punches back rando... lol.... that first shot that put him down, the first knockdown, was a product of the left hand that landed first... that right came after the damage from the left... kirkland was already in the process of short circuitry when that right hand landed... i dont think he ever got his legs back from that one single punch... every punch after that that landed solid pushed him further and further to the point of no return in that fight... i think he just got hit right and in the right spot...
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
SmartyBeardo
post Apr 11 2011, 08:32 PM
Post #12

Middleweight

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 10,633

Lemieux has the better future because he can go back to KOing heavybags in French CanadaLand. He might be able to steal a meaningless belt someday but he will be victimized again in the future by good long boxers with decent whiskers. He can go on beating up on D level comp for the foreseeable future though. I disagree with most that had Lemieux ahead prohibitively. I felt that Rubio was largely in control (though not winning every round) from 3 on. He had Lemieux figured out by then and he was wary but unimpressed with the Canadians power. It was a matter of time from that point on, IMO.

Bottomline is his arms are too short and he just aint that tough.

Kirkland does not have Lemieux's options. Nobody is going to let him hide in a tiny corner of the world and cherrypick opponents for big bucks. The one thing I disagree with is all those suggesting that Nobuka(?) was not a capable opponent. Similarly to Lemieux, Kirkland could not handle the length of his opponent. He found himself at the end of every punch without the skill to get inside or defend himself. I was impressed with the Japanese boxer's quickness, mobility and accuracy.

+Quote Post
The CEO
post Apr 12 2011, 09:31 AM
Post #13

SKULLSPLITTER

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,665

Smarty's all over it... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/thumbsup_anim.gif)

Lemieux and Kirkland were both exposed...but here's the difference...

Lemieux was more of a hypejob...he had a mass following of foolish nationalists touting and believing him to be the next big thing...Fighting fans AND many general Sports fans in Canada were probably aware of him and following him.......while on the other hand, Kirkland had a small, underground faction of Boxing fans here in America doing the same...and most Americans don't even give a shit about Boxing.

I think both of their futures are equally and ultimately dim...

+Quote Post
caneman
post Apr 12 2011, 11:08 AM
Post #14

Amateur

Member No.: 1,310

Just wondering while talking about the over hyped, what do y'all think of Bute? Myself, I think Maravilla beats him bad right now, might even stop him in the mid rounds. The only thing I don't like about Martinez is the hands by his side bullshit but I believe ALL FIGHTERS NO MATTER WHO YOU ARE SHOULD KEEP BOTH HANDS UP, NOT JUST ONE AND NEVER NONE! lolz

This post has been edited by caneman: Apr 12 2011, 11:16 AM

+Quote Post
gravytrain
post Apr 12 2011, 02:52 PM
Post #15

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 10,970

QUOTE (caneman @ Apr 12 2011, 12:08 PM) *
Just wondering while talking about the over hyped, what do y'all think of Bute? Myself, I think Maravilla beats him bad right now, might even stop him in the mid rounds. The only thing I don't like about Martinez is the hands by his side bullshit but I believe ALL FIGHTERS NO MATTER WHO YOU ARE SHOULD KEEP BOTH HANDS UP, NOT JUST ONE AND NEVER NONE! lolz

i think Froch, Ward and Johnson would beat him. Martinez is right up there too. i don't know how i'd take him over Bute but i can see him dropping some rounds when he's cruising but win all the ones he's really fighting in. because of that i see it 116-112.

+Quote Post
Guest_Fitz_*
post Apr 14 2011, 02:54 AM
Post #16

Guests

Just watched the Lemiux fight, and it's Lemiux without a doubt.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd July 2014 - 01:36 AM