IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Showtime@10:30PM(ET)/7:30(PT): Darchinyan vs. Perez: SPOILERS 15 Mins. Later, No New Spoilers, Duplicate Threads, or Public Streams
Jack 1000
post Apr 23 2011, 02:12 PM
Post #1

The Consultant

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 14

This thread is for all on-going and post-fight reactions to the Perez-Darchinyan fight. Note that the originally scheduled match between Agbeko and Mares is off due to an injury to Agbeko.

Preview comments and predictions about Darchinyan-Perez can be posted here. Spoilers will begin at approximately the times indicated above.

Jack

Administrator
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Jack 1000
post Apr 23 2011, 02:31 PM
Post #2

The Consultant

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 14

My Pick is Perez by UD in a war! Darchinyan's chin let's him down along the way, but he will show great heart in coming back. This has to be a war. I will suspect Vic will lose at least two points for dirty fighting and that will be a factor in the scoring.

Jack

+Quote Post
caneman
post Apr 23 2011, 02:41 PM
Post #3

Amateur

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 1,310

I'd love to see chiny get KTFO! It should be a war though...Perez by UD 115-113ish!

+Quote Post
JONdaCON817
post Apr 23 2011, 05:40 PM
Post #4

Welcome to the Dirty South

Member No.: 11,493

Perez for the win. wide UD... i dont see Vic winning more then 3 or 4 rounds.

i was hoping to watch Perez vs Agbeko eventually. =(

and Mares vs Agbeko was gonna be sicc.. smh...

+Quote Post
caneman
post Apr 23 2011, 10:46 PM
Post #5

Amateur

Member No.: 1,310

A smart fighter should be able to fuck chiny up....just move to their left with a jab with rthands down the middle and a lthook. All chiny really has is a left hand IMO! He talks that shit but he better stay away from Donaire!

This post has been edited by caneman: Apr 23 2011, 11:05 PM

+Quote Post
BigG
post Apr 24 2011, 01:06 AM
Post #6

Choppin Headz Boi!

Member No.: 19

So Vic won after 5 due to a cut...I knew he was faster and more skilled than Perez. Perez is a tough inside fighter...Good win for Vic....I used to hate him but I've grown to like him over the past year....

+Quote Post
Lil-lightsout
post Apr 24 2011, 01:42 AM
Post #7

Light Heavyweight

Member No.: 3,047

Damn you guys were off with your predictions. Vic looked pretty darn good in there and beat up Perez every round. Lucky for the cut because Vic was going to stop him soon enough. Congrats Fitz! Your man looked good tonight. He definitely comes to fight and I really liked his attitude for this fight an it showed in his performance.

+Quote Post
KYLE THEEE SPINK...
post Apr 24 2011, 02:28 AM
Post #8

Welterweight

Member No.: 1,386

Damn, not a whole lot of discussion about this fight. Just watched it, and Vic looked good. He was agressive, but didn't seem overly agressive most of the time. In fact, I thought he had Perez hurt pretty badly in the first 2 rounds and could have gotten him out of there. He picked his shots though, and didn't seem that reckless unless Perez was clearly hurt. I really wish we could see him in a rematch with Nonito Donaire, but that doesn't seem to be happening anytime soon. It's a damn shame too, because that would be a good fight, with the rematch being closer. Vic seems to have tightened up his shots, and has always had the power. Perez just wasn't able to get off with shots tonight, but he's one tough dude. After a tune up, wouldn't mind seeing Perez in a rubber match with Agbeko or a rematch with Mares.

+Quote Post
BigG
post Apr 24 2011, 02:32 AM
Post #9

Choppin Headz Boi!

Member No.: 19

Kyle, I think Perez will and should move up to 122 soon. Gotta give credit to these Bantamweights for making these fights.

+Quote Post
KYLE THEEE SPINK...
post Apr 24 2011, 02:41 AM
Post #10

Welterweight

Member No.: 1,386

Yea, Perez has the height so maybe he's draining himself too much making 118. Absolutely have to give the bantams credit for making these type of fights in the past year. Wonder if he'd be willing to go over to Japan to fight the WBC champ Nishioka? He's 34 with 45 fights, and hasn't really fought anybody on Perez's level since Gonzalez. A fight with Vazquez Jr. would be a war as well.

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 1st September 2014 - 08:04 AM