IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Showtime@10:30PM(ET)/7:30(PT): Darchinyan vs. Perez: SPOILERS 15 Mins. Later, No New Spoilers, Duplicate Threads, or Public Streams
Guest_Fitz_*
post Apr 24 2011, 02:52 AM
Post #11

Guests

What a good win for Vic, he busted him up and never let Perez in that fight. He battered him hard in those 5 rounds. Wasn't expecting that result, but very happy with it.
He looked good tonight, and said prior that he was sick of trying to prove he can box still, and box 12 rounds like he has been and wanted to go back to how he was and look for a knockout, and it showed tonight. Just way too explosive for Perez.
It will be interesting to see what Vic does from here, he wants Mares, and said he will knock him out cold in a rematch, lol, and said he wants Donaire as well. He will lose to Donaire, but I don't give a fuck, but nothing and absolutely nothing scares this guy. He will keep coming and chasing the best around, he can't be deterred and has way too much pride.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Jack 1000
post Apr 24 2011, 04:34 AM
Post #12

The Consultant

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 14

Are doctors getting too cautious with cut-eye stoppages?

Although Dr. Paul Wallace is one of the best fight doctors in the country, I disagree with his decision to stop the fight. The cut was not severe enough to warrant a stoppage. In general, there are too many fights being stopped because of superficial cuts.

Many doctors are treating all cuts the same as fighters taking excessive punishment and that's not the same thing. If a cut is really, really fucking bad, ala Lewis-Klitschko or a Henry Cooper type fight like against Ali, sure, stop the fight.

However, today we are seeing many matches stopped for small scrap type gashes, with too many doctors coming down on the side over being overly cautious with cut stoppages. At least the ref could call time and the doctor could say, "The cut is bad, we will give you one more round to do something," or the full rest period for the corner to work in the cut. That way, the fighter/corner would at least know that the fight is in danger of being stopped.

At least give, I don't know what you would call it, a "Cut warning" from the ref or the doctor, which would at least allow the cornerman to work on the cut.

You could say that Parez was getting dominated, and that is true. However, unless it's an overtly bad cut where the wound is going into the eye, the doctors and refs should give the fighter and the corner the proper consideration for the corner to stop the cut, or at least try.

If there is a consensus that after the cut is worked on, that it can't be stopped, and will only get worse, than stop the fight. But unless the cuts are really bad, requiring an emergency stoppage, give the corner-men the consideration to try to mend the cut.

Jack

+Quote Post
AussieLad
post Apr 24 2011, 05:28 AM
Post #13

Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 603

To be honest, i didnt think perez wanted to continue. The cut was a bad one, but perez didnt want to come back out in my opinion regardless of what the doctor said. Still, it was in a bad spot and considering the battering he was taking he didnt need blurred vision making things worse.

When i was reading about vic switching back to his KO artist persona, and not making the mistake of 'boxing' sa he did vs Mares, i thought "here we go, he's going in wild and trigger happy"... I thought Perez would threaten vic down the stretch on points. But vic gave him a shellacking

+Quote Post
Guest_ViperSniper_*
post Apr 24 2011, 05:31 AM
Post #14

Guests

Vic was violent as hell!!!!!

He came out looking for the KO like he promised and it showed from the opening bell showing real quickness and violent shots to the head and body. From the opening bell he came out swinging and stunned the tall Colombian fighter, which from that point on had the fighter on the back foot and wary., Darchiniyan was so busy he never let Perez in the fight!

Bantamweight may not be his ideal division as he has lost some of that pop, but from the fight here he showed he still has a ton to get your respect and hurt you, specially when you throw everything into your shots the way Vic Darchiniyan does, they are going to have to have an effect!!

It was an fortunate that the fight ended the way it did, but I think Darchiniyan made such an effect early and throughout, that he was already on his way to stopping the tough Colombian. Perez didn't seem like he was going to win and the head clash seemed like a blessing in disguise for him. This is an impressive performance and victory by Vic, against Perez, who I had favourite leading into the Tourney.

Seem strange how Vic Darchiniyan's only 3 professional defeats coming from the top 3 best current Bantamweights at the moment in Agbeko, Mares & Donaire! He has shown interest in all three bouts, I think he has some options to work towards after this victory!

+Quote Post
SmartyBeardo
post Apr 24 2011, 07:18 AM
Post #15

Middleweight

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 10,633

Haven't seen it yet, but got to give props to Darchinyan. What a warrior. Love him or hate him, Vic is nothing but good for boxing.

+Quote Post
JONdaCON817
post Apr 24 2011, 03:14 PM
Post #16

Welcome to the Dirty South

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 11,493

ya kno, i figured Perez would come out slow the first couple rounds in hopes of gettin Vic a lil tired before letting his endurance kicc in.... but once that cut opened up and i saw the blood squirt across the ring i knew it was gonna be done and he was screwed at that point... he waited too long.

and Vic was telegraphing his punches like crazy!! not much lateral movement from Perez either.. deff helped Vic land those power shots.

Perez isnt the quiccest fighter but he looked slower then usual.. maybe he was being overly cautious or Vics power really had him shook after the first haymaker landed... either way i actually thought he recovered fairly well, got bacc on his toes and was able to fire bacc a few shots.. coulda been over rather quiccly had it been someone else eating those punches.

i was pretty amazed the punch totals were so close... i dont rememeber seeing Perez throw as many punches??

+Quote Post
and the NEW
post Apr 24 2011, 08:23 PM
Post #17

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 333

I want to see Vic fight a rematch with the loser of Agbeko V Mares personally (assuming the winner will get Donaire unless Bob ruins that one also if Mares was to come out victorious).....

The bantam division is truly incredible at this point.

You have guys like Moreno and Kameda in there also to fight some of these guys from the tournament. Don't forget Montiel either, his not done yet!

This post has been edited by and the NEW: Apr 24 2011, 08:24 PM

+Quote Post
AussieLad
post Apr 24 2011, 10:42 PM
Post #18

Middleweight

Member No.: 603

I agree that the winner of agbeko vs mares needs to fight donaire, rather than a rematch with Vic. Vic should target Montiel, and then aim at whoever is left after Agbeko, Mares and Donaire sort out who is best.

I believe Mares won the fight vs Darchinyan, though it was very close. But in a tale of 2 halves in an even fight, i will generally go with the guy finnishing strong rather than the guy who wins the early rounds. Mares was coming on, Vic had faded. What i will say is, the refereeing was pretty poor. I believe it definitely cramped Vics style. I remember a few un-penalized low blows as well from Mares. If the refereeing was a bit better, the outcome could have been different. A rematch would be interesting

Agbeko defeated darchinyan more soundly. Prior to the fight, i felt Agbeko had no chance. He seemed slow and ponderous in the video's i watched of him. But he cleanly outboxed a head hunting Vic. Vic is a guy you really need to assess where his head is at to see how he will perform. The guys self belief is unshakable, but it made him his own worst enemy that night. If his head is swollen with pride, he can lose to anyone. But catch him coming back off a loss, he's a different animal. He was just winging punches at Agbeko with no thought. Definitely want to see a rematch with Vic in a 'vengeance' mind set.

Donaire will beat Vic again, no point in this fight unless Darch has beaten one of the others first

+Quote Post
and the NEW
post Apr 25 2011, 12:41 AM
Post #19

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 333

Yeh, I think Donaire is a cut above the lot, he really only needs to take the winner of Agbeko V Mares and Moreno to unify and then nothing much more for him to proove at Bantam, he really looks on a different level to them all and that is saying something given how talented the division is!

+Quote Post
Guest_ViperSniper_*
post Apr 25 2011, 03:44 AM
Post #20

Guests

QUOTE (AussieLad @ Apr 25 2011, 03:42 AM) *
I agree that the winner of agbeko vs mares needs to fight donaire, rather than a rematch with Vic. Vic should target Montiel, and then aim at whoever is left after Agbeko, Mares and Donaire sort out who is best.

I believe Mares won the fight vs Darchinyan, though it was very close. But in a tale of 2 halves in an even fight, i will generally go with the guy finnishing strong rather than the guy who wins the early rounds. Mares was coming on, Vic had faded. What i will say is, the refereeing was pretty poor. I believe it definitely cramped Vics style. I remember a few un-penalized low blows as well from Mares. If the refereeing was a bit better, the outcome could have been different. A rematch would be interesting

Agbeko defeated darchinyan more soundly. Prior to the fight, i felt Agbeko had no chance. He seemed slow and ponderous in the video's i watched of him. But he cleanly outboxed a head hunting Vic. Vic is a guy you really need to assess where his head is at to see how he will perform. The guys self belief is unshakable, but it made him his own worst enemy that night. If his head is swollen with pride, he can lose to anyone. But catch him coming back off a loss, he's a different animal. He was just winging punches at Agbeko with no thought. Definitely want to see a rematch with Vic in a 'vengeance' mind set.

Donaire will beat Vic again, no point in this fight unless Darch has beaten one of the others first

Good post. I especially agree with the bolded part.

The ref came in between the momentum of the fight a little too much than he needed that night. Vic tends to use his right as a measuring stick which he was told in that fight against Mares to stop doing it, which has never ever been an issue in any of his fights, it's not like he was pushing, backhanding, holding or hitting on the break. As for the fight against Joseph, I think Vic lost the fight against Agbeko as he was going purely for the head in that fight and was over aggressive in doing so. By saying that, Joseph Agbeko as ordinary as he can sometimes look to the eye is a solid boxer who did a great job in sticking to his game plan against Vic and won by a comfy shut out.

QUOTE (and the NEW @ Apr 25 2011, 05:41 AM) *
Yeh, I think Donaire is a cut above the lot, he really only needs to take the winner of Agbeko V Mares and Moreno to unify and then nothing much more for him to proove at Bantam, he really looks on a different level to them all and that is saying something given how talented the division is!

Agree. That is in no way shape or form a knock on the division as I think Bantamweight is not only the most deepest & most competitive but one of the best in boxing at the moment. I just think that's how good Nonito Donaire really is...the dudes skills are through the roof!! Don't want to say easily, but I feel he beats all the Bantamweights comfortably, but he does need to fight the winner and possibly this Moreno guy if he wants to really put an explanation point on the division.

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2014 - 04:47 AM