AussieLad
post Apr 29 2011, 10:00 PM
Post #1

Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 603

Make your picks people...

Couture vs Machida.

I think this fight is all wrong for Randy. I dont think he is going to be able to get the clinch and press this up against the cage. Machida is too elusive. Machidas kryptonite is guys with good boxing, who can press forward while swinging combinations. Thats not Couture. Machida by UD

Aldo vs Hominick

Great fight. Aldo, all the way, all night, all day. This dude is for real. Aldo by stoppage from strikes.

GSP vs Shields

This fight is unpredictable. It will be about who can dictate where the fight takes place. GSP's striking is better than Shields, and his wrestling is probably better too. But i dont think he will use his wrestling, apart from take down defence. If the fight goes to the ground, it will be to Shields JJ advantage. GSP will try to keep this on the feet. I see him winning on points

This post has been edited by AussieLad: Apr 29 2011, 10:01 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
kidbazooka1
post Apr 30 2011, 12:29 AM
Post #2

Super Middleweight

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 1,319

QUOTE (AussieLad @ Apr 29 2011, 10:00 PM) *
Make your picks people...

Couture vs Machida.

I think this fight is all wrong for Randy. I dont think he is going to be able to get the clinch and press this up against the cage. Machida is too elusive. Machidas kryptonite is guys with good boxing, who can press forward while swinging combinations. Thats not Couture. Machida by UD

Aldo vs Hominick

Great fight. Aldo, all the way, all night, all day. This dude is for real. Aldo by stoppage from strikes.

GSP vs Shields

This fight is unpredictable. It will be about who can dictate where the fight takes place. GSP's striking is better than Shields, and his wrestling is probably better too. But i dont think he will use his wrestling, apart from take down defence. If the fight goes to the ground, it will be to Shields JJ advantage. GSP will try to keep this on the feet. I see him winning on points

I would liek to see Shields take it but i just don't see it happening. GSP will keep the fight standing where shields is horrible at. GSP by stoppage late in the fight.

Aldo/Hominck-gotta go with my boy Aldo i see him studying Hominck (who's a pretty good striker himself)in the first rd like he usually does then once he's found his rythm he'll stop him in the 2nd.

Machida/couture could go either way if Randy uses his typical dry hump you to death routine he'll take a decsision but if machida can keep it on the feet i see him stopping Couture in the 3rd.

+Quote Post
Warlord
post Apr 30 2011, 02:08 AM
Post #3

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 10,313

QUOTE (kidbazooka1 @ Apr 30 2011, 01:29 AM) *
I would liek to see Shields take it but i just don't see it happening. GSP will keep the fight standing where shields is horrible at. GSP by stoppage late in the fight.

Aldo/Hominck-gotta go with my boy Aldo i see him studying Hominck (who's a pretty good striker himself)in the first rd like he usually does then once he's found his rythm he'll stop him in the 2nd.

Machida/couture could go either way if Randy uses his typical dry hump you to death routine he'll take a decsision but if machida can keep it on the feet i see him stopping Couture in the 3rd.

Randy can't clinch with Machida, because he'll just get hit with a Sumo throw if he does. Barring win by fluke, Randy loses this fight.

Shields/GSP is the only fight that even has a possibility of an upset. If Shields can get it on the ground, he has a chance. But he won't. He's cutting too much weight at Welterweight, and he'll gas out and get himself finished late. He'd have had a better chance against Anderson at middleweight than he does with GSP.

+Quote Post
JONdaCON817
post Apr 30 2011, 03:21 PM
Post #4

Welcome to the Dirty South

Member No.: 11,493

Ill take GSP.. Aldo.. and Machida.

how they win doesnt matter.. I juss want all these fights to be great cuz the fighters are all pretty exciting (cept Randy at times)

GSP will hopefully get the KO..

Aldo vs Hominick will hopefully result in SOMEONE gettin KOd.. dont see it goin any other way...

Randy vs Machida is a strange match up IMO.. i honestly dont know if Randy will try to bang it out or take it to the ground... this fight could deff go either way.

on a sidenote ide like to see Nate Diaz get KO'd... i dont recall who hes fighting but him and his brother are some coccy SOBs.. and Nick swears hes the best Welterweight in the world... ide love to see GSP murder him.

+Quote Post
The CEO
post Apr 30 2011, 05:58 PM
Post #5

SKULLSPLITTER

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,665

Could be upset time in MMA this weekend...

Give me Shields, Aldo, and Couture...

+Quote Post
Warlord
post Apr 30 2011, 07:48 PM
Post #6

Junior Middleweight

ARGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!! Rory MacDonald looking so good against Diaz, but my only complaint about it all was him just standing there trying to figure out what to do when he was standing over a prone Diaz who may or may not be looking to land an upkick. Just pull a Sakuraba and leg-kick that mother fucker to death!

What is wrong with today's fighters? Sakuraba finished fights from that position, and I have YET to see any UFC guys even try for a kick there.

+Quote Post
Warlord
post Apr 30 2011, 07:49 PM
Post #7

Junior Middleweight

You must be pretty happy, Jon. Nate didn't get stopped, but he got beat to hell.

+Quote Post
Warlord
post Apr 30 2011, 07:56 PM
Post #8

Junior Middleweight

2 judges scored the last round 30-28 for MacDonald. None gave Diaz a single round. Thorough beatdown.

Referring back to what I said earlier, it seems on every single event I cover here that I end up posting about how someone is standing there not knowing what to do standing over a prone opponent. I just have to reiterate, what is wrong with UFC fighters? Is there some gay rule preventing leg kicks to downed opponents? I couldn't imagine so.

I really hope to see, someone, somewhere, get a clue and take full advantage of a situation like the one MacDonald had on Diaz two different times in round 3.

+Quote Post
Warlord
post Apr 30 2011, 08:05 PM
Post #9

Junior Middleweight

UFC needs a new intro. That faux-metal garbage sucks shit.

+Quote Post
caneman
post Apr 30 2011, 08:13 PM
Post #10

Amateur

Member No.: 1,310

any streams?

+Quote Post

11 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th August 2014 - 01:03 PM