Reply to this topicStart new topic
> UFC 129
Warlord
post Apr 30 2011, 11:18 PM
Post #81

Junior Middleweight

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 10,313

2 judges scored it 48-47. Not sure at all what's going on with the judging tonight. GSP won that shit 50-45.

Georges said his eye was scratched in the 2nd and he couldn't see out of it afterwards.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
kidbazooka1
post Apr 30 2011, 11:29 PM
Post #82

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 1,319

My boy Aldo was not 100% today but what impressed me with him tonight was his head movment he made Hominick miss most of his shots by just standing there and moving his head thats some boxing type head movement you don't see that in MMA.

Though the one thing i've noticed as soon as Aldo took off his shirt was how much more muscle he had and he confirmed that in the interview and that was why he gassed out in the 5th but even at that he outboxed Hominick easly for 4 rds something Hominick thought he couldn't do. Now Aldo just needs to slim down a bit and contunue his dominance.

GSP looked like sh*t against a guy who couldn't throw a straight punch of his life depended on it.

Im pretty sure GSP will stay put at WW you could tell from that interview that he don't want no part of Master Anderson.

+Quote Post
kidbazooka1
post Apr 30 2011, 11:32 PM
Post #83

Super Middleweight

QUOTE (Warlord @ Apr 30 2011, 11:27 PM) *
I'm not really sure. A mix of both maybe. Aldo just said he had put on too much muscle and taking that off is what made the cut difficult.

yea you could clearly see he was much more muscular than in his previous fights.

+Quote Post
kidbazooka1
post Apr 30 2011, 11:43 PM
Post #84

Super Middleweight

QUOTE (Warlord @ Apr 30 2011, 11:16 PM) *
I tell you, Aldo was coming off injury, a long layoff, a hard weight cut, and exhaustion, and look at him. This kid is everything a mixed martial artist should be.

Wow you've been onpoint latley War. LOL

Despite all that Aldo showed some bad ass skill that is rarely seen in MMA in those 4rds and again his Head movment was a thing of beauty.

+Quote Post
SmartyBeardo
post May 1 2011, 08:00 AM
Post #85

Middleweight

Member No.: 10,633

QUOTE (Warlord @ Apr 30 2011, 07:39 PM) *
Fuck all those so-called fight fans who aren't watching MMA right now. Fucking elitist retards are missing out on some epic sporting events.

Thanks for doing a great job with the round by round, as always. I've been under the radar for a bit and missed this live. Instead of reading about it, I came here first because I knew it would beat the hell outta anything thrown out there officially.

I 'll be catching the whole thing when I manage to make my way back to the cave.

Sounds like another great fight night. Thanks again.

+Quote Post
TheFonz
post May 1 2011, 09:45 AM
Post #86

Team BU fun boy that gets passed around...

Group: Banned
Member No.: 10,999

Lmao, Machida's flying crane kick. That dude made Ralph Maccio proud.

+Quote Post
Warlord
post May 1 2011, 09:50 PM
Post #87

Junior Middleweight

QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ May 1 2011, 08:00 AM) *
Thanks for doing a great job with the round by round, as always. I've been under the radar for a bit and missed this live. Instead of reading about it, I came here first because I knew it would beat the hell outta anything thrown out there officially.

I 'll be catching the whole thing when I manage to make my way back to the cave.

Sounds like another great fight night. Thanks again.

Anytime, bro.

Let me know what you think after you've checked it out. To me it was one of the best cards I've seen in a long time. I'm think the UFC in Rio may even top this, so I can't wait. A great year for MMA.

+Quote Post
Warlord
post May 1 2011, 09:56 PM
Post #88

Junior Middleweight

QUOTE (TheFonz @ May 1 2011, 09:45 AM) *
Lmao, Machida's flying crane kick. That dude made Ralph Maccio proud.

That shit was SWEET. I've hated Machida for a long, long time. But after that fucking Crane Kick, I don't know, I think I kinda like the guy now. Without doubt, it is the sweetest fucking strike I've ever seen that actually ended a fight. With Anderson Silva, it was like even he was surprised that shit actually landed. A fluke. Machida set that Crane Kick up and executed. Perfect.

(IMG:http://thebiglead.fantasysportsven.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/machida.gif)

(IMG:http://www.pohrani.com/f/42/gv/3vqiZibw/seagal-kick.gif)

+Quote Post
kidbazooka1
post May 2 2011, 12:40 AM
Post #89

Super Middleweight

QUOTE (Warlord @ May 1 2011, 09:56 PM) *
That shit was SWEET. I've hated Machida for a long, long time. But after that fucking Crane Kick, I don't know, I think I kinda like the guy now. Without doubt, it is the sweetest fucking strike I've ever seen that actually ended a fight. With Anderson Silva, it was like even he was surprised that shit actually landed. A fluke. Machida set that Crane Kick up and executed. Perfect.

(IMG:http://thebiglead.fantasysportsven.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/machida.gif)

(IMG:http://www.pohrani.com/f/42/gv/3vqiZibw/seagal-kick.gif)

No way War i think your hate for Anderson is blinding you better judgment AGAIN.

Machida's kick was good but more of a lets throw this to see if it lands kind of kick though and lets not forget he did it against an almost 50 yr old waaaaaaaaaaaay past his prime fighter who was never a good striker.

If anything Machida's kick was a fluke to me.

Anderson's kick was faster sharper and landed with more power than Machida's. You can see Randy still had the sense to cover up when he went down unlike Vitor who was out of it. I don't see how you can think Machida's kick was better. Im sure even Machida would agree that Anderson's kick was better.

This post has been edited by kidbazooka1: May 2 2011, 12:44 AM

+Quote Post
AussieLad
post May 2 2011, 02:06 AM
Post #90

Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 603

Well, Machida actually gave credit to segal for this one, maybe segals boasting about the Silva kick wasnt all bullshit. Before Machida giving him credit, i thought segal was taking the piss about the anderson vs vitor match

+Quote Post

11 Pages V  « < 7 8 9 10 11 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th July 2014 - 04:57 AM