Reply to this topicStart new topic
> UFC 129
AussieLad
post May 2 2011, 02:30 AM
Post #91

Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 603

To a certain extent, hominick exosed a chink in Aldo's armour. Aldo really couldnt do anything off his back. Granted, he was coming off an injury lay off, and it look liked the weight cut gassed him. But still, for a world champion JJ exponent, he had nothing off his back. He was just riding the time out, not threatening anything.

Props to hominick for fighting on with a goiter on your forehead. That shit was nasty. Especially when they were pushing the blood out of it in between rounds, the skin completely pulled away from the skull.

Aldo is still top 3 for me though
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
TheFonz
post May 2 2011, 04:14 AM
Post #92

Team BU fun boy that gets passed around...

Group: Banned
Member No.: 10,999

QUOTE (AussieLad @ May 2 2011, 03:30 AM) *
To a certain extent, hominick exosed a chink in Aldo's armour. Aldo really couldnt do anything off his back. Granted, he was coming off an injury lay off, and it look liked the weight cut gassed him. But still, for a world champion JJ exponent, he had nothing off his back. He was just riding the time out, not threatening anything.

Props to hominick for fighting on with a goiter on your forehead. That shit was nasty. Especially when they were pushing the blood out of it in between rounds, the skin completely pulled away from the skull.

I think he was just tired, I'm sure if he were put in the same position in the first two rds he would threatened with subs.

+Quote Post
BigG
post May 2 2011, 05:17 AM
Post #93

Choppin Headz Boi!

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 19

Randy's fight with Toney meant nothing. it was a joke a fight which Toney didn't even train for

Knew Machida was going to KO Randy

MY P4P

Anderson Silva
Jon Jones
St Pierre
Aldo
Torres
Edgar

+Quote Post
TheFonz
post May 2 2011, 07:02 AM
Post #94

Team BU fun boy that gets passed around...

Group: Banned
Member No.: 10,999

QUOTE (BigG @ May 2 2011, 06:17 AM) *
Randy's fight with Toney meant nothing. it was a joke a fight which Toney didn't even train for

MY P4P

Anderson Silva
Jon Jones
St Pierre
Aldo
Torres
Edgar

While Jon Jones is a specimen, I think you have him up to high P4P. I would rank both Aldo and GSP higher. He honestly isn't much higher than Cain Velasquez, IMO.

+Quote Post
JONdaCON817
post May 2 2011, 04:30 PM
Post #95

Welcome to the Dirty South

Member No.: 11,493

QUOTE (Warlord @ May 1 2011, 09:56 PM) *
That shit was SWEET. I've hated Machida for a long, long time. But after that fucking Crane Kick, I don't know, I think I kinda like the guy now. Without doubt, it is the sweetest fucking strike I've ever seen that actually ended a fight. With Anderson Silva, it was like even he was surprised that shit actually landed. A fluke. Machida set that Crane Kick up and executed. Perfect.

agreed... i deff liked Machidas more. Andersons was a front kicc to the chops. it was suprising but didnt look as good as machidas thats sum karate Kid type ish....

+Quote Post
JONdaCON817
post May 2 2011, 04:42 PM
Post #96

Welcome to the Dirty South

Member No.: 11,493

QUOTE (kidbazooka1 @ Apr 30 2011, 11:29 PM) *
GSP looked like sh*t against a guy who couldn't throw a straight punch of his life depended on it.

Im pretty sure GSP will stay put at WW you could tell from that interview that he don't want no part of Master Anderson.

I heard in a recent interview that Anderson Silva said he wouldnt fight Jon Jones cuz it wouldnt make sense to move up in weight??... even tho hes fought Forrest and Irvin at 205...

then later he said he'd be willing to go down to fight GSP at 170. hmmm.

+Quote Post
kidbazooka1
post May 2 2011, 07:45 PM
Post #97

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 1,319

QUOTE (AussieLad @ May 2 2011, 02:30 AM) *

Aldo sick

Looks like Aldo was sick aswell.

yet he still put a bad ass beatin on Hominck for 4 rds.

Big B you got Jones too high bro top three shud definitly be Anderson, GSP and Aldo.

This post has been edited by kidbazooka1: May 2 2011, 07:46 PM

+Quote Post
Warlord
post May 2 2011, 09:21 PM
Post #98

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 10,313

QUOTE (BigG @ May 2 2011, 06:17 AM) *

MY P4P

Anderson Silva
Jon Jones
St Pierre
Aldo
Torres
Edgar

Damn G, you are the biggest bandwagon rider I've ever seen in my life, lol. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) Jon Jones at 2 is a fucking joke. St-Pierre and Silva are 1 and 2 respectively, whatever order you wanna put them. Aldo is a close 3rd, and only 3rd because his comp record isn't there yet.

Edgar in the top 5 is a joke as well.

As for James Toney, he trained his ass off for that fight. According to him, and according to everyone that was associated with him. He just got handled, pure and simple.

+Quote Post
Warlord
post May 2 2011, 09:25 PM
Post #99

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 10,313

QUOTE (JONdaCON817 @ May 2 2011, 05:42 PM) *
I heard in a recent interview that Anderson Silva said he wouldnt fight Jon Jones cuz it wouldnt make sense to move up in weight??... even tho hes fought Forrest and Irvin at 205...

then later he said he'd be willing to go down to fight GSP at 170. hmmm.

Of course Silva won't go up to fight Jones. He's suddenly best buddies with Jones, just like he was buddies with Rua and Machida before him. Anderson's always friends with the top dog at 205lbs. It's hilarious to me. He doesn't want to move up to fight the best, but he sure is looking forward to mixing it up with the top welterweights in the world.

Disgusting.

The saddest part of it all is that I think Silva would obliterate Jones. Whatever though. Anderson wants to fight welterweights now, so what can you do.

+Quote Post
BigG
post May 2 2011, 11:25 PM
Post #100

Choppin Headz Boi!

Member No.: 19

Warlord its not bandwagoning Ive thought Jon Jones was one of the P4P for a while. He's the real deal dude.

The Toney win meant nothing because Toney is slow as shit these days! He's fat as fuck he's shot. And I love Toney but with the way his attributes are hes no good for MMA. He's got no explsovieness anymore

+Quote Post

11 Pages V  « < 8 9 10 11 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th August 2014 - 09:54 AM