IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Showtime deliberately screwed over Shane?
FightHypeRules
post Jun 6 2011, 11:39 AM
Post #1

Junior Flyweight

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 12,333

Last week on another site this guy was ripping Showtime for their releasing the footage of Shane asking for the fight to be stopped, saying that Showtime was trying to find a scapegoat for selling this fight so hard when they knew it was going to be a dud.

He said that he'd follow up after this past weekend's show of Fightcamp if he still felt that way based on the advance footage.

Today he followed up and it's very interesting what Showtime apparently did regarding Mosley's girlfriend's comments.

Whatever the case may be let me share a phone call I received shortly after it aired on Saturday. The call came from one of our correspondents, Cesar Garcia who himself is a scrappy pro fighter here in Los Angeles.

Garcia said, “You know Trillo, I read your article and thought it was a bit over the top but after watching Fight Camp I think you may be on to something!”

Having not yet seen the video I asked Garcia to explain. He said, “Around the 10th round they show Mosley’s girlfriend Bella Gonzalez get up and yell something in Spanish and the translation they put up was dead wrong. In Spanish she says, Papi vamonos, Papi vamanos! Le Viene que meter su Fu..ing piñaso!” Their translation read, “Baby let’s go! He’s making you his fu..ing bitch!”

“That’s not what she said,” claimed Garcia. She said, “Baby let’s go Baby let’s go, You have to fu..ing put it on him!”

Garcia then said, “At first I thought you were just being an overly critical media guy but when I saw this…I think you are right! I went back and played that over and over again to see if I was wrong, but that is what I heard. When my girl came home I had her listen to it and she agreed, she said the Showtime translation was way off too.” Garcia questioned Showtimes intention for this airing now as well.

I thanked Garcia and told him I would watch.

The footage was exactly as he said.

Not having a firm grasp on Spanish I contacted our ace writer in Puerto Rico Luis Cadiz and asked him if he would listen to it and tell me what he heard. Luis called me when he got home and listened to it for the first time as we were on the phone. Cadiz agreed and said basically the same thing. Cadiz said he heard her say, “Daddy get him, Daddy get him, You have to give him an fu..ing beating!”

http://pound4pound.com/BillysBoxingBlog/20...crews-to-shane/

Now whatever you think about this fight, whatever you think about Shane's performance (or lack thereof), what possible justification or rationalization can be made for them seemingly DELIBERATELY misquoting Bella to make her comments more inflammatory?

I think Showtime needs to be called out and have their feet put to the fire on this issue. You can argue the "Shane asking to quit" part is fair game, but mis translating Bella is incompetence at best and something else at worse.

This post has been edited by FightHypeRules: Jun 6 2011, 11:44 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
BoxingWizard23
post Jun 6 2011, 11:47 AM
Post #2

Super Flyweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,224

QUOTE (FightHypeRules @ Jun 6 2011, 12:39 PM) *
Last week on another site this guy was ripping Showtime for their releasing the footage of Shane asking for the fight to be stopped, saying that Showtime was trying to find a scapegoat for selling this fight so hard when they knew it was going to be a dud.

He said that he'd follow up after this past weekend's show of Fightcamp if he still felt that way based on the advance footage.

Today he followed up and it's very interesting what Showtime apparently did regarding Mosley's girlfriend's comments.

Now whatever you think about this fight, whatever you think about Shane's performance (or lack thereof), what possible justification or rationalization can be made for them seemingly DELIBERATELY misquoting Bella to make her comments more inflammatory?

I think Showtime needs to be called out and have their feet put to the fire on this issue. You can argue the "Shane asking to quit" part is fair game, but mis translating Bella is incompetence at best and something else at worse.

LOL @ the translation of Mosley's GF saying Pacman made him is bitch. Yeah, I will never respect the likes of Roach and Manny's team they keep feasting on guys who aren't at their best. Mosley asked for this fight back when he KO'd Margarito. They ducked him of course. I can bet you it would have been a more competitive fight if he would have fought Mosley and he would have out doned Mayweather in fighting a more dangerous opponent (May vs JMM). But again May showed what real champs do and fought and whooped Mosley's ass and took his confidence with him. SMH. Fuck Showtime. HBO ALL DAY

+Quote Post
Walstan86
post Jun 6 2011, 12:08 PM
Post #3

Resident Pactard

Member No.: 12,348

Shane screwed himself. plain and simple. Can't blame showtime.

+Quote Post
HaydelHammer
post Jun 6 2011, 01:57 PM
Post #4

Welterweight

Member No.: 128

last time I checked, manny was making shane his bitch during that timeframe.

+Quote Post
Extant
post Jun 6 2011, 04:59 PM
Post #5

Strawweight

Member No.: 10,810

QUOTE (BoxingWizard23 @ Jun 6 2011, 09:47 AM) *
LOL @ the translation of Mosley's GF saying Pacman made him is bitch. Yeah, I will never respect the likes of Roach and Manny's team they keep feasting on guys who aren't at their best. Mosley asked for this fight back when he KO'd Margarito. They ducked him of course. I can bet you it would have been a more competitive fight if he would have fought Mosley and he would have out doned Mayweather in fighting a more dangerous opponent (May vs JMM). But again May showed what real champs do and fought and whooped Mosley's ass and took his confidence with him. SMH. Fuck Showtime. HBO ALL DAY

Damn!!! When will this shit end??? This is a thread about Showtime's mistranslation and apparent misstreatment of Mosley. I didn't see Pacman or Mayweather NO WHERE in this thread. DOG ON!!!!

+Quote Post
Extant
post Jun 6 2011, 05:01 PM
Post #6

Strawweight

Member No.: 10,810

QUOTE (Walstan86 @ Jun 6 2011, 10:08 AM) *
Shane screwed himself. plain and simple. Can't blame showtime.

Still doesn't give Showtime an excuse to mistranslate something that could greatly and unjustly effect Mosley's public image and relationship with a woman who was actually supporting him.

+Quote Post
FightHypeRules
post Jun 6 2011, 05:39 PM
Post #7

Junior Flyweight

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 12,333

QUOTE (Extant @ Jun 6 2011, 03:01 PM) *
Still doesn't give Showtime an excuse to mistranslate something that could greatly and unjustly effect Mosley's public image and relationship with a woman who was actually supporting him.

exactly. At BEST it was incompetence on the part of Showtime and their translater. At WORST there was a concerted effort to humiliate someone.

As the author of that post mentioned prior, why would anyone want to do give extra access to Showtime, after this?

He made a comment that was interesting prior to the Fightcamp airing, but after the footage of Mosely asking to stop the fight came out:

I am not sure why Team Mosley allowed themselves to be mic’d up, but I know it’s a decision they regret now. In all honesty I doubt other corners will allow themselves such up close and personal coverage from now on.

And rightly so.

Don’t kid yourselves. This is not the first time a fighter has looked for a way out of a fight in between rounds and it most certainly won’t be the last. Yes, we expect much more from our Champions, but seriously, until you have a fighter bouncing leather off your face you are in no position to judge, never mind completely expose a struggling fighter who can’t defend himself against a superior foe.

I agree. If I were involved with a fighter (or was the fighter) on Showtime from now on, I would never agree to be mic'd up, after what Showtime did this time.

This post has been edited by FightHypeRules: Jun 6 2011, 05:39 PM

+Quote Post
Hops
post Jun 6 2011, 05:49 PM
Post #8

Super Featherweight

Member No.: 10,849

Mosley deserves the public humiliation. Simple as that.

+Quote Post
Walstan86
post Jun 6 2011, 05:50 PM
Post #9

Resident Pactard

Member No.: 12,348

QUOTE (Extant @ Jun 6 2011, 06:01 PM) *

Whether Showtime mistranslated is a matter still at issue, as far as I know. I won't conclude any wrongdoing on their part yet.

+Quote Post
Box in Hand
post Jun 6 2011, 06:48 PM
Post #10

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 7,195

I look at it like this Shane deserves to be publicly bitched because of his actions. Now the translation thing was messed up but I guarantee he wouldn't have gotten that if he went out and fought like he talked. Fuck that smiling ass Avatar face dude.

+Quote Post

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2014 - 06:24 PM