IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

12 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> W. Klitschko vs. David Haye:Word Heavyweight Title Fight, Who Will Win? Vote in the Poll and Comment
W. Klitschko vs. David Haye
Who Will Win?
Klitschko by Close Dec [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Klitschko by Wide Dec [ 3 ] ** [10.00%]
Klitschko by KO/TKO [ 17 ] ** [56.67%]
Haye by Close Dec [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Haye by Wide Decision [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Haybe by KO/TKO [ 10 ] ** [33.33%]
Draw [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
DQ (Indicate Loser in Response) [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Total Votes: 30
Guests cannot vote 
bosco
post Jun 11 2011, 10:54 PM
Post #11

Flyweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,191

Haye can win this fight if he fights a discipline fight. Haye has to use a lot of movement and make wlad chase him. He can't allow wlad to plant his feet and sit down on his punches. Haye has to fight in spurts with 3 and 4 punch combinations. Haye needs to start off throwing fast half power punches to lure wlad into thinking he can take Haye's punches to make him open up a bit and then drop the haymaker on him. If Haye can keep wlads feet moving it will take the steam off his punches because he can't plant and pivot.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
FightHypeRules
post Jun 12 2011, 12:21 AM
Post #12

Junior Flyweight

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 12,333

People rip the Klitschkos for supposedly killing heavyweight boxing, but is it THEIR fault there is no one that can beat them? Are they supposed to take handicaps when fighting to make it more even?

It's not like they are ducking anyone. They've fought virtually everyone there is that's got a name. With the exception of a small handful of people, all of which aren't even worth discussing, there's no one they have not fought, unless those people wouldn't fight them.

Valuev kept pricing himself out as he reportedly wanted 2 million dollars to fight. Povetkin isn't going to fight him, as Atlas has said he's not ready.

Who else is there? Boytsev? Dimitrenko? James blubber Toney? Toney has not come to a fight in shape in God knows how long. Aside from talking shit, there's NOTHING that would come of that fight other than him getting seriously hurt. Anyone that would want to see that is a sadist.

So they may not be exciting to watch, but they're fighting everyone there is that is there.

This post has been edited by FightHypeRules: Jun 12 2011, 12:23 AM

+Quote Post
Harvey
post Jun 12 2011, 01:33 AM
Post #13

Amateur

Member No.: 12,168

QUOTE (FightHypeRules @ Jun 12 2011, 01:21 AM) *
People rip the Klitschkos for supposedly killing heavyweight boxing, but is it THEIR fault there is no one that can beat them? Are they supposed to take handicaps when fighting to make it more even?

It's not like they are ducking anyone. They've fought virtually everyone there is that's got a name. With the exception of a small handful of people, all of which aren't even worth discussing, there's no one they have not fought, unless those people wouldn't fight them.

Valuev kept pricing himself out as he reportedly wanted 2 million dollars to fight. Povetkin isn't going to fight him, as Atlas has said he's not ready.

Who else is there? Boytsev? Dimitrenko? James blubber Toney? Toney has not come to a fight in shape in God knows how long. Aside from talking shit, there's NOTHING that would come of that fight other than him getting seriously hurt. Anyone that would want to see that is a sadist.

So they may not be exciting to watch, but they're fighting everyone there is that is there.

That is the problem with boxing people worry about event worthy to me you fight the next boxer up to bat if not you are cherry picking and that is the bottem line fight who is next up to bat or sit down somewhere

+Quote Post
Harvey
post Jun 12 2011, 01:39 AM
Post #14

Amateur

Member No.: 12,168

QUOTE (bosco @ Jun 11 2011, 11:54 PM) *
Haye can win this fight if he fights a discipline fight. Haye has to use a lot of movement and make wlad chase him. He can't allow wlad to plant his feet and sit down on his punches. Haye has to fight in spurts with 3 and 4 punch combinations. Haye needs to start off throwing fast half power punches to lure wlad into thinking he can take Haye's punches to make him open up a bit and then drop the haymaker on him. If Haye can keep wlads feet moving it will take the steam off his punches because he can't plant and pivot.

You could'nt have said it better wald is a punching bag fighter so you are right some people don't see that so if hayes fight with his style it should be a defeat

+Quote Post
JLUVBABY
post Jun 12 2011, 02:18 AM
Post #15

Light Heavyweight

Member No.: 4,447

besides wlads obvious losses... i ve seen him hurt in some fights... but the two that really comes to mind is devarryl williamson and sam peter fights... the reason i bring them up is cuzz they are two fighters highly inferior to wlad but where also able to at least hurt him and have him down... actually you can argue all the guys that have beat him where inferior in over all skill level as well... with that said haye is better than any of the guys that have hurt him and had him down or the guys that went on to beat him... this is a legit fight no matter what the outcome is... haye has a legit chance in this fight... unless haye is bs'ing the public in his belief in being able to win the fight... he has 50% of what he needs to do to win accomplished already... you have to believe you can win before you can go out and execute what you need to do to come out victorious... he says he has that.. with his punch anything is possible.

+Quote Post
FightHypeRules
post Jun 12 2011, 04:26 AM
Post #16

Junior Flyweight

Member No.: 12,333

QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ Jun 12 2011, 12:18 AM) *
besides wlads obvious losses... i ve seen him hurt in some fights... but the two that really comes to mind is devarryl williamson and sam peter fights... the reason i bring them up is cuzz they are two fighters highly inferior to wlad but where also able to at least hurt him and have him down... actually you can argue all the guys that have beat him where inferior in over all skill level as well... with that said haye is better than any of the guys that have hurt him and had him down or the guys that went on to beat him... this is a legit fight no matter what the outcome is... haye has a legit chance in this fight... unless haye is bs'ing the public in his belief in being able to win the fight... he has 50% of what he needs to do to win accomplished already... you have to believe you can win before you can go out and execute what you need to do to come out victorious... he says he has that.. with his punch anything is possible.

Am I wrong, or were both of those fights BEFORE Steward took over as his trainer? Since then he's won all his fights, and has become more disciplined. I think the mark of a good fighter is to recognize your weaknesses, and adapt to overcome those.

Since Steward has come on board, Wlad is no longer going out there fighting reckless, he's taking care of business, whether it looks good or not. The worst thing he can do is get lured out of that gameplan just to appease some people who will not like him no matter what.

+Quote Post
bosco
post Jun 12 2011, 08:03 AM
Post #17

Flyweight

Member No.: 12,191

QUOTE (FightHypeRules @ Jun 12 2011, 04:26 AM) *
Am I wrong, or were both of those fights BEFORE Steward took over as his trainer? Since then he's won all his fights, and has become more disciplined. I think the mark of a good fighter is to recognize your weaknesses, and adapt to overcome those.

Since Steward has come on board, Wlad is no longer going out there fighting reckless, he's taking care of business, whether it looks good or not. The worst thing he can do is get lured out of that gameplan just to appease some people who will not like him no matter what.

You're wrong, Stewart was his trainer when Sam Peter fought him. When Wlad fought Peter he went down more because of fear and not the punches. Wlad was terrified of Peters punching power in the first fight and fought a very scary fight. Stewart was also his trainer when Lamon Brewster beat Wlad.

This post has been edited by bosco: Jun 12 2011, 08:06 AM

+Quote Post
JLUVBABY
post Jun 12 2011, 09:19 AM
Post #18

Light Heavyweight

QUOTE (FightHypeRules @ Jun 12 2011, 04:26 AM) *

rather steward was training him or not is not my point.. there is nothing you can do to train a chin and that is where my point comes into play... wlads chin can be and is his achilles hill and haye has all the tools to get to that chin and exploit it... and yes steward was in wlads corner for the brewster and peter fights..

+Quote Post
caneman
post Jun 12 2011, 10:29 AM
Post #19

Amateur

Member No.: 1,310

QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ Jun 12 2011, 09:19 AM) *
rather steward was training him or not is not my point.. there is nothing you can do to train a chin and that is where my point comes into play... wlads chin can be and is his achilles hill and haye has all the tools to get to that chin and exploit it... and yes steward was in wlads corner for the brewster and peter fights..

Part of this fight is about whose chin holds up, while as you said, Haye does have some of those tools to get there...his chin will be tested like it never has before!!! Let me be clear here, I want Haye to stop Wlad in a round or 2 but it will a shame for Haye that Wlad will be checking his chin too, I hate it but feel Wlads stops Haye if Haye is lucky or get beat pillar to post for the whole fight. God I hope I am wrong!

+Quote Post
JLUVBABY
post Jun 12 2011, 10:36 AM
Post #20

Light Heavyweight

QUOTE (caneman @ Jun 12 2011, 10:29 AM) *
Part of this fight is about whose chin holds up, while as you said, Haye does have some of those tools to get there...his chin will be tested like it never has before!!! Let me be clear here, I want Haye to stop Wlad in a round or 2 but it will a shame for Haye that Wlad will be checking his chin too, I hate it but feel Wlads stops Haye if Haye is lucky or get beat pillar to post for the whole fight. God I hope I am wrong!

you are very correct... hayes chin will get tested for sure and wlad is a very heavy hitter... hayes best shot is to get in there and whack out wlad ala sanders... the longer the fight goes the worse it will be for hayes chances to win...

+Quote Post

12 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th August 2014 - 10:25 AM