Reply to this topicStart new topic
> UFC 131, Thoughts?
SmartyBeardo
post Jun 10 2011, 11:40 PM
Post #1

Middleweight

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 10,633

I'm heading to Vancouver, B.C. in the morning.

There is no better city in the world to party . . . and that is on a Saturday sans UFC 131 and the Stanley Cup.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
JONdaCON817
post Jun 11 2011, 01:38 AM
Post #2

Welcome to the Dirty South

Member No.: 11,493

Dos Santos better win!!!...

Cerrone is always fun to watch!!!...

Flores vs Nunes is gonna be good... Nunes has some sicc stand up...

And we'll see if Damian Mayas stand up has gotten any better since Spyder lass kicced that ass... Munoz is a good challenger..

I probably won't catch it tho... the card wasn't good enough for me personally...

+Quote Post
Box in Hand
post Jun 11 2011, 02:55 AM
Post #3

Junior Welterweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,195

QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Jun 10 2011, 10:40 PM) *
I'm heading to Vancouver, B.C. in the morning.

There is no better city in the world to party . . . and that is on a Saturday sans UFC 131 and the Stanley Cup.

Enjoy my man. Should be a good time had by all.

+Quote Post
AussieLad
post Jun 11 2011, 05:27 PM
Post #4

Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 603

Dos Santos has faster hands and better movement. Interestingly, his slight height advantage is nullified by Carwins superior reach, so movement is going to be the key. I was watching some Carwin vids on youtube, about his training and his diet. He's really trimmed down. He was 249 in the vid, and i think he weighed in at 254 or thereabouts, which is a big difference to cutting weight down to 265. Hopefully this gives him some more gas, but i dont expect huge improvements in that department.

I am going with Dos Santos, based on that he is a faster, better striker. Carwin has it all over him in the strength and wrestling departments, but he will chose to trade because of his sledge hammers he calls hands. I think he will get caught and wobbled. If Dos Santos is smart he wont jump all over him, and just keep picking his spots till Shane goes down. If he swarms he will be at risk of a nuclear bomb detonated on his jaw, or getting taken down.

Lesnar probably matches up better vs Junior than Carwin. Even though I think Carwin is a superior version of Lesnar from a technical stand point (despite what we saw in the fight, i'd pick Carwin to win the rematch), similar wrestling and better striking. But Lesnar has the athletic freakishness about him. The speed of the big man is impressive. Which is why i think Lesnar would have a good chance of shooting a take down and mauling Dos Santos on the ground, whereas Carwins lack of shoot speed limits him to just striking with Junior. ANd striking is Juniors main strength.

Junior by KO round 1

Florian over Nunes, this was a tough call and first instinct is Nunes. This is his weight after all, and i dont know how florian will perform dropping down this low. But when i type this, for some reason i see Florian pulling an upset

Maia over Munoz. If Maia strikes with Munoz, it could be a short night. But this will go the ground at some point and Maia will choke him out

Cerrone all the way.

Beltran vs Sosa will be the sleeper fight of the night. Two Mexican heavies (i assume Sosa is mexican anyway lol), cant go wrong there... bombs away

+Quote Post
Warlord
post Jun 11 2011, 08:35 PM
Post #5

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 10,313

Donald Cerrone chops Vagner Rocha down with leg kicks and takes the UD. Love those leg kicks. Love to see fighters using them. It is the equivalent of body shots in boxing.

+Quote Post
Warlord
post Jun 11 2011, 08:36 PM
Post #6

Junior Middleweight

Demian Maia vs. Mark Munoz up next.

+Quote Post
Warlord
post Jun 11 2011, 08:40 PM
Post #7

Junior Middleweight

Hmm, guess the card got shuffled. Actually Jon Olav Einemo vs. Dave Herman is up next.

+Quote Post
Warlord
post Jun 11 2011, 08:46 PM
Post #8

Junior Middleweight

Enemo looking HUGE and pissed.

+Quote Post
Warlord
post Jun 11 2011, 08:51 PM
Post #9

Junior Middleweight

Einemo was getting WORKED on his feet, looking like a fucking zombie, but then he finally got Herman on the ground. Pee Wee escaped, and now it's back on their feet they go.

+Quote Post
Warlord
post Jun 11 2011, 08:52 PM
Post #10

Junior Middleweight

Wonder how that first one will get scored. I'd give it to Herman, but Einemo got the 2 takedowns (the one I mentioned earlier, and he got one more at the end.) We know how much the judges value takedowns, so the first could have gone either way.

+Quote Post

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 31st July 2014 - 12:56 AM