IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Was Mike Tyson not the first but the last true peoples champ in boxing, The one who made nonboxing fans love the sport
Harvey
post Jun 14 2011, 10:39 AM
Post #1

Amateur

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,168

Yes we do and did have mayweather,pac man,roy jones,de la hoya,and alot of others in the top fame game of boxing. But to me none of them held the spark of mike tyson. Mayweather and pac man may be close but still not in the same pond. Mike tyson did fight more to me and was not a ducker or dodger come one come all in his book and very exciting to watch in and out the ring good or bad most of the time more bad than good. But otherwise what he brought to boxing and the fans that came and left with him when will we see that again your guess is as good as mine onething I do know a brawler fighter is way more exciting to watch for all fans. Defensive counter puncher fighters are cool and you know who that is mayweather but not enough excitemnt I guess thats why he has a big mouth much love to him but it si what it is.

This post has been edited by Harvey: Jun 14 2011, 01:31 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Juancito
post Jun 14 2011, 11:08 AM
Post #2

Amateur

Member No.: 12,141

Yeah, I would definitely agree about Tyson attracting non-boxing fans to the sport, most def. His international popularity today, long since his retirement is evidence of your statment.

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Jun 14 2011, 12:49 PM
Post #3

Super Middleweight

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,366

on the basis that he didnt duck anyone sergio martinez, he'll fight anyone anywhere but he really needs to move up in weight

+Quote Post
JONdaCON817
post Jun 14 2011, 01:09 PM
Post #4

Welcome to the Dirty South

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 11,493

Your punctuation is horrible....

I ran out of breathe readin this and I wasn't even readin it outloud...lol

Mike Tyson was a character.. always fun to watch and always controversial. One of my favorite quotes of his was when a female reporter asked him a question and he replied by sayin "are you talkin out of turn? I dnt do interviews with females unless they fornicate with me first, are you gonna fornicate with me?"..lol. that shyt had me rolling. That MF instilled fear into ppl like no other...

+Quote Post
Harvey
post Jun 14 2011, 01:11 PM
Post #5

Amateur

QUOTE (mgrover @ Jun 14 2011, 01:49 PM) *
on the basis that he didnt duck anyone sergio martinez, he'll fight anyone anywhere but he really needs to move up in weight
Correct on that sergio is one of my favorites but he needs to change weight class to get a better fights but his popularity would never exceed tyson's if it was to he should be better known but alot of people don't know who he is I believe american fighters just had it better back then in boxing to much competition these days with other sports

This post has been edited by Harvey: Jun 14 2011, 01:20 PM

+Quote Post
neophyte7
post Jun 14 2011, 01:15 PM
Post #6

Welterweight

Group: Banned
Member No.: 5,991

He dumbed down the sport... He further dumbed down the already dumb fans who as Roger Mayweather says it" don't no shit bout boxing" TYSON's rise also brought with it a DISTASTE and FOR BOXERS... everyone wants KO's and brutal face to face wars... If NOT YOU WERE AND ARE CALLED BORING... A RUNNER--- without taking into account that styles make fights and not all fights and fighters WIN BY TRYING TO KO the other guy with every punch thrown.. I FEEL MIKE was detrimental to the sport in more ways than one...

This post has been edited by neophyte7: Jun 14 2011, 01:16 PM

+Quote Post
Harvey
post Jun 14 2011, 01:36 PM
Post #7

Amateur

QUOTE (JONdaCON817 @ Jun 14 2011, 02:09 PM) *

Mike Tyson was a character.. always fun to watch and always controversial. One of my favorite quotes of his was when a female reporter asked him a question and he replied by sayin "are you talkin out of turn? I dnt do interviews with females unless they fornicate with me first, are you gonna fornicate with me?"..lol. that shyt had me rolling. That MF instilled fear into ppl like no other...

My fault I got you taken care of just writing in the momment

+Quote Post
Tha Docta
post Jun 14 2011, 01:44 PM
Post #8

Lightweight

Member No.: 2,774

the man once claimed he could sell out madison square garden masturbating

+Quote Post
Harvey
post Jun 14 2011, 01:58 PM
Post #9

Amateur

QUOTE (neophyte7 @ Jun 14 2011, 02:15 PM) *
He dumbed down the sport... He further dumbed down the already dumb fans who as Roger Mayweather says it" don't no shit bout boxing" TYSON's rise also brought with it a DISTASTE and FOR BOXERS... everyone wants KO's and brutal face to face wars... If NOT YOU WERE AND ARE CALLED BORING... A RUNNER--- without taking into account that styles make fights and not all fights and fighters WIN BY TRYING TO KO the other guy with every punch thrown.. I FEEL MIKE was detrimental to the sport in more ways than one...

No tyson did'nt dumb down boxing the fact is brawlers are more exciting to watch ask pac man what if NBA players never slammed dunked on each other what if football never had tackling just two hand tag it would be boring and fall off. The bottom line I like skilled fighters like mayweather but brawlers rule welcome to america if you want to get mad at tyson then you need to get mad at rome for gladiators in past history it is what it is.

+Quote Post
BoxingFan86
post Jun 14 2011, 03:38 PM
Post #10

Featherweight

Member No.: 12,445

QUOTE (JONdaCON817 @ Jun 14 2011, 02:09 PM) *

I remember that shit. That's 1 of my favorite Tyson moments. LOL!

QUOTE (Harvey @ Jun 14 2011, 02:58 PM) *
No tyson did'nt dumb down boxing the fact is brawlers are more exciting to watch ask pac man what if NBA players never slammed dunked on each other what if football never had tackling just two hand tag it would be boring and fall off. The bottom line I like skilled fighters like mayweather but brawlers rule welcome to america if you want to get mad at tyson then you need to get mad at rome for gladiators in past history it is what it is.

I like both styles. Personally, I think the different styles balances everything out. I wouldn't wanna see 2 brawlers battlin' it out damn near every fight, 'cause it'd prob remind me of playground fights by 5th Graders. When I watch Pascal fights, I get that feelin', no lie. If I had to watch 2 counter-punchers fight each other most of the time, it'd prob be like watchin' 2 old men play golf (no pun intended to the golf fans).

This post has been edited by BoxingFan86: Jun 14 2011, 03:38 PM

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 1st August 2014 - 01:38 AM