IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

5 Pages V  « < 3 4 5  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Should Teddy Atlas Be Bounced From ESPN Friday Night Fights?, Vote and Comment
Teddy Atlas on Friday Night Fights
Should Teddy Atlas Stay or Go on Friday Night Fights?
Yes-Dump Teddy [ 10 ] ** [28.57%]
No-Keep Teddy [ 22 ] ** [62.86%]
Unsure [ 3 ] ** [8.57%]
Total Votes: 35
Guests cannot vote 
Jack 1000
post Aug 3 2013, 08:38 PM
Post #41

The Consultant

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 14

Teddy Atlas seems to have a more "Cut throat if you disagree agenda," which I think people are either gonna love or despise with little middle ground. In contrast, Jim Lamply's agenda at HBO is more "group think yes man, based on what the network WANTS him to think and how they want Jim to act." But Jim's so good at pom pom shaking agenda's, he'd doing even without being told what to think.

Teddy's no yes man. And he will cut off the nose to spit in the face of those he doesn't like. However, he does things that are blatently wrong. For instance, Teddy will NEVER score a round less than 10-8 even with multiple knockdowns. That's just retarded and it makes him, this self centered "Know it all" look like an idiot. Does anyone know Atlas's reasoning behind this wrong scoring philosophy?

Jack
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Aug 3 2013, 08:52 PM
Post #42

Super Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,079

QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Aug 3 2013, 08:38 PM) *
Teddy Atlas seems to have a more "Cut throat if you disagree agenda," which I think people are either gonna love or despise with little middle ground. In contrast, Jim Lamply's agenda at HBO is more "group think yes man, based on what the network WANTS him to think and how they want Jim to act." But Jim's so good at pom pom shaking agenda's, he'd doing even without being told what to think.

Teddy's no yes man. And he will cut off the nose to spit in the face of those he doesn't like. However, he does things that are blatently wrong. For instance, Teddy will NEVER score a round less than 10-8 even with multiple knockdowns. That's just retarded and it makes him, this self centered "Know it all" look like an idiot. Does anyone know Atlas's reasoning behind this wrong scoring philosophy?

Jack

I've actually seen and heard a lot of judges don't go below 10-7 because it takes away any chance of a fighter coming back from it.

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Aug 3 2013, 10:59 PM
Post #43

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,858

I love Atlas, he's one of my favorites commentating now. He is usually pretty good with his fight plans and his wealth of knowledge of the sport is almost unmatched. He does over do it sometimes but at least he shows a pulse instead of going with the norm. If he was to be let go from ESPN, I'm willing to bet that the value of the commentating goes down. Who knows what idiot they'd bring in to replace him

+Quote Post
MAHDI
post Aug 4 2013, 08:30 AM
Post #44

Super Bantamweight

Member No.: 13,939

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Aug 3 2013, 11:59 PM) *
I love Atlas, he's one of my favorites commentating now. He is usually pretty good with his fight plans and his wealth of knowledge of the sport is almost unmatched. He does over do it sometimes but at least he shows a pulse instead of going with the norm. If he was to be let go from ESPN, I'm willing to bet that the value of the commentating goes down. Who knows what idiot they'd bring in to replace him

I agree.. Besides.. The man that put a gun to Tyson's head for flirting with his young daughter.. I will forever respect him... LMAO (IMG:style_emoticons/default/thumbsup_anim.gif)

+Quote Post
MAHDI
post Aug 4 2013, 08:30 AM
Post #45

Super Bantamweight

Member No.: 13,939

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Aug 3 2013, 11:59 PM) *

I agree.. Besides.. The man put a gun to Tyson's head for flirting with his young daughter.. I will forever respect him... LMAO (IMG:style_emoticons/default/thumbsup_anim.gif)

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Aug 4 2013, 11:57 AM
Post #46

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,858

QUOTE (MAHDI @ Aug 4 2013, 08:30 AM) *
I agree.. Besides.. The man put a gun to Tyson's head for flirting with his young daughter.. I will forever respect him... LMAO (IMG:style_emoticons/default/thumbsup_anim.gif)

Everyone gives him points for that lol

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Aug 5 2013, 04:56 PM
Post #47

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

i think he should slow down with his national commission talk. i also think he doesn't understand the amateur system and he was the wrong guy to cover the sport. he can get carried away beating a dead horse sometimes...but overall, i think he's good for boxing.

+Quote Post
Bee
post Aug 10 2013, 07:38 PM
Post #48

Amateur

Member No.: 13,969

Atlas i think is an educated ignorant. So biased and believes in himself too much.

+Quote Post

5 Pages V  « < 3 4 5
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th July 2014 - 03:27 PM