IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

21 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> HBO@4:45 ET/1:45 PT: W. Klitschko vs. D. Haye: SPOILERS 15 Minutes Later, No New Spoiler Threads, Duplicate Threads, or Public Streams Allowed
Jack 1000
post Jul 2 2011, 06:53 AM
Post #1

The Consultant

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 14

This is the on-going and post-fight thread for the big heavyweight championship fight. Everything about the fight, especially for on-going round by round and post-fight comments MUST remain in this thread. No public streams, or new spoiler threads are permitted. You may only stream through E-mail or PM.

Jack

Administrator
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Warlord
post Jul 2 2011, 09:48 AM
Post #2

Junior Middleweight

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 10,313

When is this shit starting? The time difference over here is killing me.

+Quote Post
Snoop
post Jul 2 2011, 10:07 AM
Post #3

Heavyweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 87

Starts in about 5.5 hrs.

+Quote Post
HazConvictedFelo...
post Jul 2 2011, 11:55 AM
Post #4

Bantamweight

Member No.: 12,413

I'm stunned at the overwhelming amount of support that David Haye is relishing in. He's in Klitschko's home court. At the weigh in, Dr. Wlad, had an intense look on his face. Very focused and unfazed by the crowd. I hope we don't get a short heavyweight fight. I'd hate for there to be a 3 year build up for 90 seconds of action. Whatever though. I hope for a good contest. My Dorito's are already on deck.

+Quote Post
KYLE THEEE SPINK...
post Jul 2 2011, 02:32 PM
Post #5

Welterweight

Member No.: 1,386

I'm pretty hyped for this fight, and hope it lives up to the expectations, as the division truly needs it. I haven't seen a ton of articles and hype on the fight this week, which surprises me. There's some good shit on youtube, but even other sites haven't run a lot of articles. I think this is the biggest fight in the division since Lewis-Klitschko back in 03. I expect a great atmosphere, and I'll be hyped watching it. I still think Klitschko will be too much, but Haye won't stop trying.

+Quote Post
salvador
post Jul 2 2011, 02:38 PM
Post #6

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 1,307

Jim Lampley on the fight - from the HBO website:

"Haye's done a good job with his fighting style, and more particularly his public persona, in creating the impression that this is a legitimate, competitive fight. I'm very skeptical as to whether there's a real fight here, but it's great that the public believes there might be."

+Quote Post
KYLE THEEE SPINK...
post Jul 2 2011, 02:45 PM
Post #7

Welterweight

It can be questioned whether it's a legitimate fight, but who else in the division could threaten Wlad. I mean he's fought the other titleholders and even some of the fighters coming up. Chambers was supposed to be talented, but Wlad beat him. He rolled through Chagaev who was a titleholder at the time. Ibragimov was an undefeated titleholder, Brock was an undefeated prospect/contender, Peter was on the way up in 05, and now Haye has a title. If Wlad dominates this fight, I think whispers will begin to call him an ATG heavy. It's hard to deny what he's accomplished, in even a weak division. I'm amped to see what goes down in an hour or so.

+Quote Post
salvador
post Jul 2 2011, 02:49 PM
Post #8

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 1,307

QUOTE (KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN @ Jul 2 2011, 02:45 PM) *
It can be questioned whether it's a legitimate fight, but who else in the division could threaten Wlad.

I'm excited too - mostly because I believe Haye's talked himself into a corner and is going to either get the ko or get stretched trying.

The reason I added that quote wasn't to bum anyone out, but to point out how cool Lampley is for speaking his mind on a fight that his network is pushing the hell out of and a fight that he is going to be calling. You don't see that kind of bluntness in most sports commentators. Lampley/Merchant is the best broadcasting team in all of sports.

+Quote Post
KYLE THEEE SPINK...
post Jul 2 2011, 02:55 PM
Post #9

Welterweight

Oh, for sure, my rebuttal was mainly about Lamps anyway, not that he'd ever see it. I hope one of the broadcasters asks him that questions though, if he brought it up on air. Haye has definitely talked himself in a corner, and he better not retreat after the 1st round like many of Wlad's opponents. I think he'll start retreating around the 3rd after he leaves himself wide open for a huge right hand. I think it will be a domination, but I don't see anybody in the division beating Wlad right now. Almost like Roy Jones back in the day at 175 (besides Michalczewski), as he fought different dudes who went on to win titles and dominated them. I wish we had chat for this fight, as I'm kind of way too hyped lol.

+Quote Post
dhoward126
post Jul 2 2011, 03:44 PM
Post #10

Junior Flyweight

Member No.: 11,548

Alright guys, round by round ready to go on my twitter @dbhoward126. Enjoy the ride!

+Quote Post

21 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd July 2014 - 05:11 AM