IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

21 Pages V  « < 17 18 19 20 21 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> HBO@4:45 ET/1:45 PT: W. Klitschko vs. D. Haye: SPOILERS 15 Minutes Later, No New Spoiler Threads, Duplicate Threads, or Public Streams Allowed
gravytrain
post Jul 3 2011, 12:26 PM
Post #181

Junior Middleweight

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 10,970

QUOTE (D-MARV @ Jul 3 2011, 01:14 PM) *
Watched again this morning (I don't know how I made it through it again) and gave Haye 4 rounds. I was being extremely nice!

I don't know about the german broadcast but HBO was really dick riding Klit! He didn't do shit either... There were times where he had Haye backed against the corner and he just sat there. Klit was just as scared as Haye was.... He just hid behind his size advantage rather his legs! Fuck this fight and Fuck both fighters... At least guys like Arreola would have gone all out!

i don't think it's so much that they were dick riding him, Haye just hyped it up like he's coming to end Wlad's reign over the division then didn't do anything. he didn't look like someone trying to take a title while fighting someone in their backyard.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
caneman
post Jul 3 2011, 12:29 PM
Post #182

Amateur

Member No.: 1,310

QUOTE (D-MARV @ Jul 3 2011, 12:14 PM) *
Watched again this morning (I don't know how I made it through it again) and gave Haye 4 rounds. I was being extremely nice!

I don't know about the german broadcast but HBO was really dick riding Klit! He didn't do shit either... There were times where he had Haye backed against the corner and he just sat there. Klit was just as scared as Haye was.... He just hid behind his size advantage rather his legs! Fuck this fight and Fuck both fighters... At least guys like Arreola would have gone all out!

I just watched again too and gave Haye rounds 3, 4 and 12...I would love to give him more but I didn't think he earned them and clit wasn't much better! Again what stinks more shit or 3 day old puke???

This post has been edited by caneman: Jul 3 2011, 05:54 PM

+Quote Post
Jack 1000
post Jul 3 2011, 01:18 PM
Post #183

The Consultant

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 14

QUOTE (The Original MrFactor @ Jul 3 2011, 11:22 AM) *
I had it 114 -112. 7 rounds to 5, in favor of Wlad. I think David Haye landed the bigger shots throughout the fight. Wlad landed his jab, which carried him through most close rounds. I didnt see it as the colossal blowout that the judges scored it as. It was a good competitive fight. Wlad was actually challenged. I think Haye hurt him on a few occassions and he recovered well. Haye's problem appeared to be that he could not reach Wlad with many of his shots. It may have been due to his toe and being able to plant and extend. It was swollen and looked ugly. If I was Haye, I wouldnt have run that toe BS after the fight. He fought, so it was fair. No excuses. He just didnt do enough in most rounds. When he did, it won him the round.

I don't know,

Giving Haye five rounds seems much too excessive to me. At best he won three, I gave him two. I think all the criticisms of the Klitschkos and the putrid stench of last night can be summarized this way:

I want an exciting fight of them. What happened to the Vitali against Lewis? Or the Wlad against Sam Peter the first time? They have become much too safety prone. If that is the sure way to win, so be it, but I want to see them in a war again. The non-fight last night case confirms the reasons why HBO is so cynical of them. No one is going to want to see David Haye darken anyone;s doorstep ever again after that POS performance,

It's up to Adamek to charge against Vitali to produce an exciting fight. This "jab and move to win" is OK, but last night Wlad should have gotten Haye out of there when he realized he was in there just for a paycheck and he didn't do it! Every Klitschko fight is the same methodical win. Two robots working behind a jab perfectly content to win a decision. Oh and a KO? Well if it comes, it comes, but I'm not gonna take a chance in fighting a war if I don't have to. The Klits don't go for the gold to be first in the race anymore for excitement. They are perfectly content to just finish and take a wide decision against opponents who can't (or won't) fight back.

History doesn't remember most champions just for winning. The champions have to win in an exciting special way and last night was such a fucking disgusting POS, that I say it is even going to unfairly hurt Vitali against Adamek. The general public doesn't even know the difference between the two, (that's how far heavyweight boxing has fallen) that they are going to think. "Ugghhhh. Another Klitschko on HBO." They haven't been in an exciting fight for years!

Will Adamek finally force a Klitschko into a firefight?

Jack

+Quote Post
Jack 1000
post Jul 3 2011, 01:21 PM
Post #184

The Consultant

QUOTE (STEVENSKI @ Jul 3 2011, 04:41 AM) *
He will deserve everything he gets & then some. What is most galling is that Cockney men are masculine/macho (or like to think they are til they meet a real hard geordie or taff anyways) & Haye looked fresh as a daisy at the end. This shows he most certainly did not give his all & was there to collect his payday.

He is a disgrace to boxing & a disgrace to England. What a cunt & hopefully some thug shanks him as he is walking the streets for bringing shame to England. At least your other top fighters when they have lost on th einternational stage gave 100%. Haye gave 10% at best.

+5! Could not have said it better!

Jack

+Quote Post
Jack 1000
post Jul 3 2011, 01:29 PM
Post #185

The Consultant

QUOTE (kidbazooka1 @ Jul 3 2011, 01:47 AM) *
What a disgrace to boxing. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/thumbsdown_anim.gif)

+5

Jack

+Quote Post
Jack 1000
post Jul 3 2011, 01:44 PM
Post #186

The Consultant

Haye became a cunt last night with all that talk and no effort. He reminds me of Jorge Gonzalez before he fought Bowe. Remember the former Cuban star who decided not to hurt anyone as a pro? He talked so much smack to Bowe, said he was gonna kill him, everyone associated with him, promised to break him in half. He even threw glasses at Bowe during the press conference for their fight.

Bowe-Gonzalez comes at Gonzalez does shit in the ring! Absolutely nothing! A putrid farce and a disgrace of a fight. David Haye was Jorge Gonzalez non-fighting Bowe last night and Wlad was just content to win instead of getting him out of there. PUTRID!

Jack

+Quote Post
gravytrain
post Jul 3 2011, 06:18 PM
Post #187

Junior Middleweight

i think you would really have to discount what Wlad was doing to give many rounds up to Haye. Wlad controlled the fight and was throwing more, Haye handing and occasional right hand isn't going to sway me when Wlad is dominating all but 5 exchanges in the round while not being staggered or dropped. i didn't score the fight but think it could have went either way early on, once you get to round 5 and later it's all Wlad.

+Quote Post
The Original MrF...
post Jul 3 2011, 06:31 PM
Post #188

Super Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,309

QUOTE (Fitz @ Jul 3 2011, 06:45 PM) *
I didn't score the fight, but just by observation, I didn't think the fight was one sided. Klitschko was throwing the jab and pushing the action (which sounds funny for this freaking fight), but he was hitting air and would land on occasion. Haye wasn't the most active or letting his hands go, but when he did, I thought he was landing the more significant shots.
I was actually very surprised when I saw the scorecards. I thought the cards were going to be similar to the cards you have. When I saw the cards, I began swearing and said, "are they fucking serious, those cards are terrible". What fight were they watching?

Then I come here, and see that I am basically the only guy that thought the fight looked close and competitive. I didn't score the fight, though I do remember giving Haye rounds 1, 3 and 4. After that, I just watched the fight. I then questioned what the hell is wrong with me, as I hadn't been in a minority like this in how I viewed a fight. I been in a minority in close fights, but nothing like this. A fight I want to watch again at some stage, only because I want to see what fucking fight I was watching (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

I think a lot of people are just pissed because Haye talked so big and did so little. So its reflected in the way they scored the fight. I gave Haye 1, 3, 4, 7 and 12.

+Quote Post
The CEO
post Jul 3 2011, 06:39 PM
Post #189

SKULLSPLITTER

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,665

QUOTE (The Original MrFactor @ Jul 3 2011, 12:22 PM) *
I had it 114 -112. 7 rounds to 5, in favor of Wlad. I think David Haye landed the bigger shots throughout the fight. Wlad landed his jab, which carried him through most close rounds. I didnt see it as the colossal blowout that the judges scored it as. It was a good competitive fight. Wlad was actually challenged. I think Haye hurt him on a few occassions and he recovered well. Haye's problem appeared to be that he could not reach Wlad with many of his shots. It may have been due to his toe and being able to plant and extend. It was swollen and looked ugly. If I was Haye, I wouldnt have run that toe BS after the fight. He fought, so it was fair. No excuses. He just didnt do enough in most rounds. When he did, it won him the round.

What the FUCK, Factor?....you called bullshit on me over a consensus "close fight" last weekend (iMo anywhere from 96-93 Matt to 95-94 Alexander)...while this was a consensus landslide for Wlad...

Wlad controlled that bitch all night....yes...Haye ducked and dodged like a phenom, and every once in a while, he would lunge and throw a looper...he gave Klit a little bloody mouse, and that's about it...

but there is no way in British HEAVEN you can give Haye 5 rounds.

Calling bullshit on ME?...lol

QUOTE (D-MARV @ Jul 3 2011, 01:14 PM) *

You're a good man, MARV...that's more like it...I would have given 3 to Haye if I was being overly generous....

I see Warlord adopted my Sig giving style on ya...lol...ain't no thing.

+Quote Post
gravytrain
post Jul 3 2011, 06:46 PM
Post #190

Junior Middleweight

QUOTE (The CEO @ Jul 3 2011, 07:39 PM) *
What the FUCK, Factor?....you called bullshit on me over a consensus "close fight" last weekend (iMo anywhere from 96-93 Matt to 95-94 Alexander)...while this was a consensus landslide for Wlad...

Wlad controlled that bitch all night....yes...Haye ducked and dodged like a phenom, and every once in a while, he would lunge and throw a looper...he gave Klit a little bloody mouse, and that's about it...

but there is no way in British HEAVEN you can give Haye 5 rounds.

Calling bullshit on ME?...lol

You're a good man, MARV...that's more like it...I would have given 3 to Haye if I was being overly generous....

I see Warlord adopted my Sig giving style on ya...lol...ain't no thing.

in British heaven Haye was the favorite going into the fight. that's no bullshit. going off of that i'm thinking they probably have it as a draw.

+Quote Post

21 Pages V  « < 17 18 19 20 21 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th July 2014 - 01:33 AM