Reply to this topicStart new topic
> BERTO MOSELY?
gravytrain
post Jul 5 2011, 08:35 AM
Post #21

Junior Middleweight

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 10,970

lol Caneman. i don't know if Toney would eat his nutritionist unless they were stuck on an island together or something. if he said "James, the junk food has got to go" Toney would whoop his ass though.

Berto was hype but he was young undefeated and had a strap. he sounded good on telecasts but beyond that i didn't ever see the appeal to fans. i bet if he beat Ortiz we would be seeing him in the ring with Mayweather too, that would be some shit. i think Berto is just the new breed of boxing, him and other cats fight 1-3 times a year while being at a point where they should be proving themselves and it's all to try to hold out for big money/fights while getting overpaid and overvalued.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
BoxingStill#1
post Jul 5 2011, 08:51 AM
Post #22

Lightweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,594

QUOTE (gravytrain @ Jul 5 2011, 09:35 AM) *
lol Caneman. i don't know if Toney would eat his nutritionist unless they were stuck on an island together or something. if he said "James, the junk food has got to go" Toney would whoop his ass though.

Berto was hype but he was young undefeated and had a strap. he sounded good on telecasts but beyond that i didn't ever see the appeal to fans. i bet if he beat Ortiz we would be seeing him in the ring with Mayweather too, that would be some shit. i think Berto is just the new breed of boxing, him and other cats fight 1-3 times a year while being at a point where they should be proving themselves and it's all to try to hold out for big money/fights while getting overpaid and overvalued.

Berto does have talent,.... just a lot of holes in his defence...

He isn't very fundamentaly sound either,... but the boy has crazy speed and good pop..

His style is attractive, so it sells... therein lied his demise... I would say too much too soon but that isn't the case for him. Its taken him forever to get a notable name, but the ones he did get gave him hell or beat him.

Idk what's going to happen, but im sut im sure they may just throw him with a confidence builder,.. or someone to wipe his ass up and get him out of the public eye...

We'll see

+Quote Post
caneman
post Jul 5 2011, 08:56 AM
Post #23

Amateur

Member No.: 1,310

QUOTE (gravytrain @ Jul 5 2011, 08:35 AM) *

Oh no doubt it be Berto vs may...add to that the fact pacman should have went for that title 2 fights ago! On fighters and how often they fight, I totally agree and very few fight 3 rimes a year!

+Quote Post
HaydelHammer
post Jul 5 2011, 09:23 AM
Post #24

Welterweight

Member No.: 128

I don't care to see shane fight ever again. He's taken Ortiz (quitter) slot imo.

+Quote Post
gravytrain
post Jul 5 2011, 09:37 AM
Post #25

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 10,970

QUOTE (BoxingStill#1 @ Jul 5 2011, 09:51 AM) *
Berto does have talent,.... just a lot of holes in his defence...

He isn't very fundamentaly sound either,... but the boy has crazy speed and good pop..

His style is attractive, so it sells... therein lied his demise... I would say too much too soon but that isn't the case for him. Its taken him forever to get a notable name, but the ones he did get gave him hell or beat him.

Idk what's going to happen, but im sut im sure they may just throw him with a confidence builder,.. or someone to wipe his ass up and get him out of the public eye...

We'll see

who did it sell to? when he fought Quintana they had to give tickets away. Berto has never had the draw to justify the money he earned. this is hit then hug Berto we're talking about, even when he beat the breaks off of C fighters nobody cared.

QUOTE (caneman @ Jul 5 2011, 09:56 AM) *
Oh no doubt it be Berto vs may...add to that the fact pacman should have went for that title 2 fights ago! On fighters and how often they fight, I totally agree and very few fight 3 rimes a year!

if he did he would have caught a weak champ and i don't think anyone could dispute the win. Pac would have easily cleaned up WW. Berto is real lucky he didn't get in the ring with a decent opponent this long, after he'd that close fight with Collazo it's just bad fight after bad fight

+Quote Post
The Original MrF...
post Jul 5 2011, 09:40 AM
Post #26

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 1,309

I'd like to see Mosley/Berto. Both guys are coming off nasty loses. I think its a good fight for both. If Berto wins, he gets some redemption. If Berto cant beat Mosley, then maybe he should consider another sport OR sucking down to 140 ala Zab Judah because I've always thought he was a smallish WW. Berto's problem is that he carries too much muscle and it will be tough for him to suck down.He's still young so it aint impossible. Mosley's legacy was hurt by the Pacquiao performance. If he beats Berto up in a good fight, that would be a great farewell. Even if he loses and goes all out, he'll regain his legacy. That will be what he's remembered for. He could have retired after the Margarito fight and it would have been all love. He cant go out with a fight like his last one. Mosley has one more left. I hope he call out Berto.

+Quote Post
The Original MrF...
post Jul 5 2011, 09:44 AM
Post #27

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 1,309

QUOTE (Romulus9 @ Jul 4 2011, 08:24 PM) *
I think the days of seeing Mosley tee off on anyone in the legitimate top 15 are over. That doesn't mean he can't have competitive fights with a few people (read: Cotto at 154?) but that Margarito performance will be the last great one in the vault.

Wow, thats amazing. i dont think he's that bad. I mean everyone looks bad against Pacquiao and Mayweather AND MORA. Mayweather and Mora arent the type of guys to engage you. Pacquaio is either special or using PEDs. Berto would be a much better fit for Shane Mosley. Berto is like Margarito in that he gets hit easily and a lot. He's much faster, so Shane will also be taking fire. I think its a good matchup.

+Quote Post
neophyte7
post Jul 5 2011, 11:24 AM
Post #28

Welterweight

Group: Banned
Member No.: 5,991

Mosley belongs on Friday Night Fights en route to never being seen again!!!

+Quote Post
PColeman28
post Jul 5 2011, 12:04 PM
Post #29

Junior Flyweight

Member No.: 12,639

QUOTE (neophyte7 @ Jul 5 2011, 09:24 AM) *
Mosley belongs on Friday Night Fights en route to never being seen again!!!

I agree with the majority...I don't care to watch a mosley fight anymore, him vs berto just doesn't sound exciting. but if berto did fight one of the people mentioned earlier in this post like mike jones etc. id watch that...i actually would prefer to watch berto vs jones especially since jones is suppose to be the number 1 welterweight right now right? since pac was gonna fight him after marquez as a mandatory?...it's lame that guys like berto fight 1-2 times a year and haven't proved anything if you look at canelo he's rummored to fight sept 17 right now if he did that will be 3 fights in a span of 7 months and he's the 154 champ so that's how it should be...but anyways No on berto v mosley

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Jul 5 2011, 02:07 PM
Post #30

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

Berto has limited opposition in his career due to his size (height and ARM LENGTH) and fighting stlye, and also the fact that he's been fighting tomato cans his whole career has hurt him tremendously. The Collazo fight nearly put him on blast, and the Ortiz fight earned him a spot on the back burner. He appears a bit short for Welterweight, and his arm length/reach is nothing to talk about. We all saw how much he had to bounce and lunge to land a decent punch against Ortiz, but how much will he be able to do that with a quality opponent if his legs are shot after a bug punch?

Now this guy doesn't have the choice of a tune-up bout to be recognized again, because he's been fighting "tune-up bout fighters" his whole career, get it? He has to come back with twice the heart and enhanced skills, and not to mention, he has to take on nothing less than quality opponents from now on. Mosley is not an opponent that anybody should fight as a stepping stone or a retirement bout at this point, because he is done. I wouldn't even watch him fight on Friday Night Fights, let alone select him as a fighter on a boxing video game.

I have said this once before and I will stand on it, Berto and/or Ortiz should fight Joshua Clottey at Welterweight. This wouldn't be a bad fight at all for Berto, because Clottey is still a threat (regardless of his last fight with Pac). Just look at his fights before that with Judah and Cotto, I would watch Berto vs Clottey with no complaints. It would have to be knock down drag out like his fight with Ortiz, in order to prove that Clottey is still that much of a threat and that Berto can deal with adversity and pull off the win. Just my opinion...

This post has been edited by cshel86: Jul 5 2011, 02:09 PM

+Quote Post

6 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 1st August 2014 - 09:03 PM