> BERTO MOSELY?
Lil-lightsout
post Jul 5 2011, 02:52 PM
Post #31

Light Heavyweight

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 3,047

QUOTE (cshel86 @ Jul 5 2011, 03:07 PM) *
Berto has limited opposition in his career due to his size (height and ARM LENGTH) and fighting stlye, and also the fact that he's been fighting tomato cans his whole career has hurt him tremendously.

That's reaching. Didn't hurt Mike Tyson.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
gravytrain
post Jul 5 2011, 03:14 PM
Post #32

Junior Middleweight

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 10,970

QUOTE (Lil-lightsout @ Jul 5 2011, 03:52 PM) *

i honestly think that person doesn't know what they're talking about. Berto was protected and got exposed, that's all there's to it. it's not like Berto was trying to improve his quality of opposition anyway, he's happy to fight B fighters and C fighters. height and arm length is no excuse for shitty fights.

+Quote Post
AussieLad
post Jul 5 2011, 05:46 PM
Post #33

Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 603

QUOTE (Lil-lightsout @ Jul 5 2011, 08:52 PM) *

Thats because tyson was blazing fast and with TNT in his gloves. You cant compare Berto to a rare physical specimen like tyson

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Jul 5 2011, 06:47 PM
Post #34

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

Exactly! Tyson was in a league of his own! Berto was exposed, and all that Im saying is that his arm length and height (or maybe his stance) is no help to him at all. Yall are right to a degree, height and arm length are no excuse for a shitty performance in a fight, but if you are truly tested and you cant even fall back on the basics, then you are in trouble. We all saw how desperation kicked in for Berto in his last fight and he had nothing to give.

His arms are short, and he made me nervous when he even attempted a jab because he bent down and reached hard to keep Victor off of him. I dont see this guy having all that much success at 154 and up because of his height and reach, along with his limited skills. Those guys in that division are taller with longer reach (some of them) and Berto hasn't shown us the skills that he needs to break down a bigger guy or get on the inside during a fight. Looking to land one big punch during a fight, will only help you finish the fight on the canvas or come up short.

+Quote Post
PColeman28
post Jul 5 2011, 07:41 PM
Post #35

Junior Flyweight

Member No.: 12,639

QUOTE (cshel86 @ Jul 5 2011, 04:47 PM) *
Exactly! Tyson was in a league of his own! Berto was exposed, and all that Im saying is that his arm length and height (or maybe his stance) is no help to him at all. Yall are right to a degree, height and arm length are no excuse for a shitty performance in a fight, but if you are truly tested and you cant even fall back on the basics, then you are in trouble. We all saw how desperation kicked in for Berto in his last fight and he had nothing to give.

His arms are short, and he made me nervous when he even attempted a jab because he bent down and reached hard to keep Victor off of him. I dont see this guy having all that much success at 154 and up because of his height and reach, along with his limited skills. Those guys in that division are taller with longer reach (some of them) and Berto hasn't shown us the skills that he needs to break down a bigger guy or get on the inside during a fight. Looking to land one big punch during a fight, will only help you finish the fight on the canvas or come up short.

He's just a bad fighter....pacquiao fights at 147 and he's 5'5 and fights bigger guys all the time these days and destroys them so the height and arm length is no excuse..what should berto do then? move down to super welterweight? he just got exposed that simple.....

+Quote Post
AussieLad
post Jul 5 2011, 07:53 PM
Post #36

Middleweight

Member No.: 603

QUOTE (PColeman28 @ Jul 6 2011, 01:41 AM) *
He's just a bad fighter....pacquiao fights at 147 and he's 5'5 and fights bigger guys all the time these days and destroys them so the height and arm length is no excuse..what should berto do then? move down to super welterweight? he just got exposed that simple.....

I agree that Berto is no Pacman. But then there aren't many that are comparable to pac currently. Berto doesnt have pacs angles and lateral movement, which is indicative of a lack of skill. But the point is, if you have 2 guys with equal skill and heart, its usually the guy with the physical edge that prevails. Hence the expression 'a good big man beats a good little man'. If you got short arms, boxing becomes a whole lot harder if you can't even fall back on a strong jab to maintain distance. And when a guys swarming you... thats when you need it most

This post has been edited by AussieLad: Jul 5 2011, 07:57 PM

+Quote Post
neophyte7
post Jul 5 2011, 09:57 PM
Post #37

Welterweight

Group: Banned
Member No.: 5,991

BERTO was inactive.. he aint mayweather... only rare breeds can perform optimally after Layoffs.. he was nearly out a year and a half.. I think he will bounce back as he showed some great heart.. yet he needs to realize he is not a special talent that can afford layoffs and underestimating opponents. After Ortiz gets served and made to get back in line after Floyd whips his ass.. he and Berto may have the opportunity to do it again... FIREWORKS FOR SURE!!!

This post has been edited by neophyte7: Jul 5 2011, 09:57 PM

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Jul 5 2011, 10:02 PM
Post #38

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

QUOTE (neophyte7 @ Jul 5 2011, 10:57 PM) *
BERTO was inactive.. he aint mayweather... only rare breeds can perform optimally after Layoffs.. he was nearly out a year and a half.. I think he will bounce back as he showed some great heart.. yet he needs to realize he is not a special talent that can afford layoffs and underestimating opponents. After Ortiz gets served and made to get back in line after Floyd whips his ass.. he and Berto may have the opportunity to do it again... FIREWORKS FOR SURE!!!

Berto inactive? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/nono.gif) He had a fight in April and November of last year.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Jul 5 2011, 10:06 PM
Post #39

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

QUOTE (PColeman28 @ Jul 5 2011, 08:41 PM) *

If you read my statement carefully, I said that Berto appears to lack the skill to make up for his height (or bad fighting stance) and his lack of arm length to utilize a jab or get on the inside. Please read carefully before you start blurting out Pacquiao's name...and once again, Pac is in a league of his own, like Tyson was.

+Quote Post
neophyte7
post Jul 5 2011, 10:10 PM
Post #40

Welterweight

Group: Banned
Member No.: 5,991

QUOTE (cshel86 @ Jul 5 2011, 10:02 PM) *
Berto inactive? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/nono.gif) He had a fight in April and November of last year.

I stand to be corrected sir... got you...

+Quote Post

6 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2014 - 08:47 AM