IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Taking back Transformers..., From that Bastard Bey!
BGv2.0
post Jul 5 2011, 03:21 PM
Post #1

Cruiserweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,304

ok...so in another thread on the boxing section a few of us were discussing the latest tranformers film....I kind of hyjacked a thread because Lights-out said he liked the new transformers and it sort of went from there.

In that discussion I mentioned how I thought Bey had basically set the bar so high in relation to transofrmations that the general public will now see anything simpler as a step down.

The only thing I thought that could be done to take down the complexity of the transformers while still be accepted would be to set it back during the turn of the century.

Check out these websites and see what you think....this is from a 2006 series called "Transformers: Hearts of Steel"

http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-comics...-steel-tpb-734/

http://www.toycutter.com/2009/10/optimus-p...locomotive.html

They did not do ALL of the major transformers...but you get a good director and I think this could work and get things on track.

Bey's version of th Transformers is all fluff and no substance, very little emotion...which is what fueled the cartoon series. MANY a young tranformers fans can recall how saddened they were at the death of Optimus Prime in the 1985 animated film.

A film that Orsen Wells took part in.....Orsen F'N War of the Worlds Wells!!!! That man knew Sci-Fi and liked the script well enough to take part in it....I cannot at all imagine that being the case with Bey's crap.

Thank goodness Bey never got hold of Unicron.

Here's to resetting the series.

This post has been edited by BGv2.0: Jul 5 2011, 03:23 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
STEVENSKI
post Jul 5 2011, 06:21 PM
Post #2

Chief Haterizer

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 91

Agreed. As a unashamed diehard G1 Transformers fan I wish serious physical harm on Bey for butchering the series.

I don't want to see DOTM but I fear I will cave in. Nothing will ever beat the glory of the true Transformers movie from 1986.

Yeah I cheered when Megatron killed Prime. I was happy when Galvatron ripped Ultra Magnus to pieces.

Someone needs to make this right.

BTW I picked up a beautiful masterpiece Skywarp yesterday. Easily my favourite piece right now.

+Quote Post
lloyd mayflower
post Jul 5 2011, 06:37 PM
Post #3

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 7,369

You two already alluded to it in the other thread, but Bay lost me as a fan when I seen Devestator with fuckin balls, and those two ridiculous, annoying as fuck robots, you know the ones.

That said, I do want to see the new one a little bit. I already know what happens in it tho cos one of my mates wronged me the other day so I googled it and sent him the whole plot. Nose cut off to spite face. Well worth it tho.

+Quote Post
King Eugene
post Jul 5 2011, 07:21 PM
Post #4

Proud American

Member No.: 7,577

This movie was entirely too long and not enough emotion in the story line. I kept falling in and out of sleep during this movie. Seeing it in 3D was pretty cool though.

+Quote Post
STEVENSKI
post Jul 5 2011, 07:51 PM
Post #5

Chief Haterizer

Member No.: 91

QUOTE (lloyd mayflower @ Jul 6 2011, 09:37 AM) *
You two already alluded to it in the other thread, but Bay lost me as a fan when I seen Devestator with fuckin balls, and those two ridiculous, annoying as fuck robots, you know the ones.

You mean the overt racist stereotypes on two completely unlikeable characters that serve no purpose other than to stigmatise the generic black male?

I enjoy racist jokes & have been known to make bigoted comments from time to time 95% of the time in jest but that sickened me. Mainly because young children are exposed to it & told it is OK to to portray people like that.

As for Devestator there is only one true Devestator & he is green & purple.

QUOTE (lloyd mayflower @ Jul 6 2011, 09:37 AM) *
That said, I do want to see the new one a little bit. I already know what happens in it tho cos one of my mates wronged me the other day so I googled it and sent him the whole plot. Nose cut off to spite face. Well worth it tho.

Low but fair.

+Quote Post
Spyder
post Jul 6 2011, 12:31 PM
Post #6

The Prime Minista

Member No.: 3,850

Michael Bay is just recycling his old shit for us now...

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th August 2014 - 07:40 AM