> HATTON LOSS TO FLOYD BROKE HIM AS A FIGHTER, SAYS HE CRIED FOR MONTHS
STEVENSKI
post Jul 7 2011, 06:01 AM
Post #21

Chief Haterizer

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 91

QUOTE (Allmenjoi8 @ Jul 7 2011, 12:07 PM) *
His son can never say that: he has never lost... All I know Floyd Sr taught his son a defensive strategy that has worked for 15 years so he must be doing somthing right.

Hatton was a different fighter after the Mayweather loss. His head was struck into the ring post, round 10 I believe. Pacaquio just put the dirt on the grave...

Snr had a lifetime to teach Floyd the basics along with Uncle Rog. That said Floyds major success came after he dumped his old man as trainer.

Snr always has a ready excuse as to why his charge loses as they don't follow "his plans". He never seems to consider his plans may not actually be suitable for his charges style of fighting.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
STEVENSKI
post Jul 7 2011, 06:04 AM
Post #22

Chief Haterizer

QUOTE (ViperSniper @ Jul 7 2011, 08:57 PM) *
Haha! Hatton was good value, the guy fought nothing but the best and fought hard in the ring. It would be good too see he come back and find a little success, but I don't think it would be the smartest idea.

He has millions & millions of $$ just like Calzaghe & Hamed. One thing that the Brits do well is pay their big name fighter big money. Why do you think they rarely come back after they retire? Because they are fucking minted & don't need to. Most old fighters still fighting are doing it because they need the money.

Why come back when you can enjoy your life without taking punches to the head?

+Quote Post
gravytrain
post Jul 7 2011, 06:46 AM
Post #23

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 10,970

QUOTE (STEVENSKI @ Jul 7 2011, 07:01 AM) *
Snr had a lifetime to teach Floyd the basics along with Uncle Rog. That said Floyds major success came after he dumped his old man as trainer.

Snr always has a ready excuse as to why his charge loses as they don't follow "his plans". He never seems to consider his plans may not actually be suitable for his charges style of fighting.

you mean trying to make Hatton into a fighter with a strong defense wouldn't work?

+Quote Post
SENTRAL
post Jul 7 2011, 08:31 AM
Post #24

Super Flyweight

Member No.: 10,900

Hatton takes a lot of criticism but from all the interviews I have seen him give he has always be open and honest concerning his two defeats.  He's admitted the only disappointment he had in the Mayweather bout was the way the referee handled the bout but also concurred that Mayweather was simply the better fighter.

His best weight was 140 but years of high living and boiling down to make the weight inevitably catch up with everyone. 

Now that he has retired I think he'll be missed.  140 may look strong at the moment but a prime Hatton eats Bradley, Khan and the rest for breakast.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Jul 7 2011, 12:21 PM
Post #25

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

Yeah Hatton really shut down mentally as a fighter after fighting Floyd. He had the world to win, a big payday, thousands of British fans, a marching band, and a fair shot at a big fight due to his record and exceptional fighitng style. The most heartbreaking factor is that he only lived that up for one big night and it ended in Mayweather's favor.

I agree, an extended asswhoopin' and being outclassed which ultimately resulted in an embarrassing KO would crush anybody. Just knowing that you dug deep and exhausted all of your will and determination, along with your fighitng skills, just to come up short is a major blow to anybody's confidence.

A 2-round asswhoopin' is no comparison to his first loss. Losing that early in the fight can ruin you, but it still gives people a reason to demand a rematch to see if you will be able to put up a better fight next time. Millions of people saw Floyd expose this guy's bad habits in the ring (rushing and lunging towards his opponent along with a lack of defense) over a 10 round time frame, so he was three times dead meat when they announced his fight with Pacquiao. No doubt, Pac would've done the same to him if they met first, but Floyd got his hands on him first while he was fresh with a flawless record...earning him a bigger payday than Pac.

People already knew he was going to lose badly because they saw him give it his all and lose in the Floyd fight, so they weren't as hyped for the Pacquiao fight.

+Quote Post
The CEO
post Jul 7 2011, 12:49 PM
Post #26

SKULLSPLITTER

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,665

You wanna know who REALLY broke Hatton?

We did...

THE HATTON HATE WAGON SKULLSPLITTER - The CEO, thehype, Southeastpaw, lowersmiths, rpmillerOC, dbdbdb, mstyle, JayWater, Frank Warren, L. COLLAZO, mercem, glassbreaker, Lightning, dave h, Al Hata, kidbazooka1, taino787, ltent, kt220, palves, pure, HAWK2916, mosdefff, RC3, istmeno, BOSSMAN, dj necrogenic, RobOC, RoyJonesJrp4pno1, yakub, T-MONEY, THEBESTEVER, Rivado, MarzB, lilpoppapump, Kijis Konar, alaganza, CyruS, Lil-lightsout, mrbig1, Yansoma, thekidd211, bustyoazz4fun, STEVENSKI, Crow, Lil Floyd, royjonesisgay, Nay_Sayer, xxxxxx, ghost13, jeff50ho

Honoraries blackbelt2003, biggeorge89, Spyder, rusty_trombone

(IMG:http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x289/THECEO_2007/France6-06137.jpg)

+Quote Post
Method
post Jul 7 2011, 02:01 PM
Post #27

Member No.: 1,253

Cocaine broke Hatton

+Quote Post
BoxingFan86
post Jul 7 2011, 02:21 PM
Post #28

Featherweight

Member No.: 12,445

Both fights played a role in his demise.

+Quote Post
BoxingFan86
post Jul 7 2011, 02:24 PM
Post #29

Featherweight

Member No.: 12,445

QUOTE (gravytrain @ Jul 6 2011, 05:15 PM) *
i thought i was missing something with this. i'm glad you brought that up too. originally Mayweather was Pretty Boy Floyd and then Money Mayweather, who is he now? obviously this cat has been upgrade to Shang Tsung since he's stealing all the souls.

Mayweather only beat Marquez because Pac softened him up for him.

Bwahahahahahahahaha! This is 1 of the best comments I've seen on this site, ever. The sarcasm is Grade A.

+Quote Post
STEVENSKI
post Jul 7 2011, 06:22 PM
Post #30

Chief Haterizer

QUOTE (gravytrain @ Jul 7 2011, 09:46 PM) *
you mean trying to make Hatton into a fighter with a strong defense wouldn't work?

Yup. Instead of focusing on a fighters strengths he tries to change their style entirely & when it does not work he blames everyone but himself.

+Quote Post

7 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th August 2014 - 05:45 PM