Reply to this topicStart new topic
> HATTON LOSS TO FLOYD BROKE HIM AS A FIGHTER, SAYS HE CRIED FOR MONTHS
mgrover
post Jul 7 2011, 06:28 PM
Post #31

Super Middleweight

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,366

the first time you lose it miles more influential than any other losses in single player sports. As a team a loss you can shared throughout and anyone else blamed. But when it you in that ring and you lose, you doubt your skill and heart. I can attest to that.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
PColeman28
post Jul 7 2011, 08:09 PM
Post #32

Junior Flyweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,639

QUOTE (BoxingFan86 @ Jul 7 2011, 12:24 PM) *
Bwahahahahahahahaha! This is 1 of the best comments I've seen on this site, ever. The sarcasm is Grade A.

I agree.......when i read that line i laughed for 10 minutes straight i swear

+Quote Post
King Eugene
post Jul 7 2011, 08:46 PM
Post #33

Proud American

Member No.: 7,577

QUOTE (Fitz @ Jul 7 2011, 09:38 PM) *
Good post. Always been a big fan of Hatton. Not the biggest fan style wise, but as a fighter and how he conducted himself, I think he was very good. He was a good character for boxing as well. To me, he was kind of unique as in, he was a gentleman and respectful, but could be witty and very clever when dealing with someone who isn't really respectful.
I still remember after the Tszyu fight, he said "if he can be half the champion Tszyu was, he will be extremely happy", or something to that effect. I was a fan of him, and hey, he did have flaws as a fighter. But in the end, he was an undisputed champion at 140, had a couple of defences and his only 2 losses came to the p4p #1 guy in the sport. Not ATG material, but he had a solid career and one he can be proud of.

Do you think he'll make the hall of fame?

+Quote Post
Guest_Fitz_*
post Jul 7 2011, 09:24 PM
Post #34

Guests

QUOTE (King Eugene @ Jul 8 2011, 11:46 AM) *
Do you think he'll make the hall of fame?

I think based on others that got in, in the past, he maybe should and has a chance. I suppose I need to have a closer look on other fighters that have got in the past, but it's not to be ruled out at this stage.

What about you?

+Quote Post
King Eugene
post Jul 7 2011, 10:01 PM
Post #35

Proud American

Member No.: 7,577

QUOTE (Fitz @ Jul 7 2011, 10:24 PM) *
I think based on others that got in, in the past, he maybe should and has a chance. I suppose I need to have a closer look on other fighters that have got in the past, but it's not to be ruled out at this stage.

What about you?

I'm not sure really. Apart of me says he will without a doubt but then another part of me doubts he'll get in.

He had a pretty good run at 140 and his only two losses where to the #1 P4P guys in the sport not to mention one was out of his weight class. He was a crowd pleaser, pretty much finished all of his fights in impressive fashion, dominated his division during his era, and beat the man(KT, although an old man) to become the man. He did all this with limited ability and basically one style with absolutely no adjustments.

Then on the other hand he was limited, lost the two biggest fights of his career, retired on a pretty sour note, and his division wasn't the strongest during his reign even though he took guys out like he should have.

I dont know...its a toss up for me.

+Quote Post
alaganza
post Jul 7 2011, 10:27 PM
Post #36

Lightweight

Member No.: 76

QUOTE (King Eugene @ Jul 7 2011, 11:01 PM) *
I'm not sure really. Apart of me says he will without a doubt but then another part of me doubts he'll get in.

He had a pretty good run at 140 and his only two losses where to the #1 P4P guys in the sport not to mention one was out of his weight class. He was a crowd pleaser, pretty much finished all of his fights in impressive fashion, dominated his division during his era, and beat the man(KT, although an old man) to become the man. He did all this with limited ability and basically one style with absolutely no adjustments.

Then on the other hand he was limited, lost the two biggest fights of his career, retired on a pretty sour note, and his division wasn't the strongest during his reign even though he took guys out like he should have.

I dont know...its a toss up for me.

I agree with your post. It's funny because like you said he did lose the two biggest fights of his career but at the same time there is no shame in losing to either of those guys. I'm really torn down the middle as it pertains to hatton getting in.

+Quote Post
The CEO
post Jul 8 2011, 07:57 AM
Post #37

SKULLSPLITTER

Member No.: 4,665

QUOTE (Method @ Jul 7 2011, 03:01 PM) *
Cocaine broke Hatton

Well...good Cocaine is instant happiness...lol

Seems to me Slick Rick doesn't have the Willpower and Self Respect to do it in moderation...the weak minded fatso.

+Quote Post
TheFonz
post Jul 8 2011, 08:10 AM
Post #38

Team BU fun boy that gets passed around...

Group: Banned
Member No.: 10,999

Hatton was always trash. I would love for him to come back so he could take an asswooping from some unknown fighter on the rise.......

+Quote Post
SENTRAL
post Jul 8 2011, 08:36 AM
Post #39

Super Flyweight

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 10,900

The Fonz, why do you call Hatton trash?  I think you're being very disrespectful to a man who was a very good fighter.  He wasn't ATG or anything near to it but he was a very good fighter and he had a very good career.

Somebody else called him a weak minded fatso but that isn't true either.  I don't need to see a stack of photo's depicting the out of shape Hatton because that has no baring on how he looked when he turned up for a fight.  He was always in tremendous shape and being made a mockery of is extremely harsh and merely shows a personal dislike towards him rather than anything rational. 

Still, I believe he was a very good fighter and as Fitz said, he can be proud of having a very good career.  There are many fighters out there both past and present who achieved less than Hatton despite being more talented.  That in itself is a testament to his dedication and achievements.

+Quote Post
The CEO
post Jul 8 2011, 08:51 AM
Post #40

SKULLSPLITTER

Member No.: 4,665

You know it was me who called him that, SENTRAL...lol

It's quite simple...Hatton was NOT "very good"...I would say at his best he was "good"...which means he was NEVER an A Level fighter...

He didn't deserve to be in the ring with Mayweather or Pacquiao, and both those guys knew that...that's why they chose him....he was nothing but a fat, foreign cherry to them...so saying he ONLY lost to the very best holds no weight....barring those two big names, his resume pre and post Tszyu can be used to wipe an ass...

In the end, Ricky Hatton proved himself to be as unprofessional as he was overrated and underskilled...

+Quote Post

7 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th July 2014 - 04:00 AM