STEVENSKI
post Jul 8 2011, 02:47 AM
Post #31

Chief Haterizer

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 91

QUOTE (The Ollie Reed Fan Club @ Jul 8 2011, 03:37 PM) *
Wow, what a cunt.

Just another Mensa member clutching at straws.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
caneman
post Jul 8 2011, 06:55 AM
Post #32

Amateur

Member No.: 1,310

QUOTE (cshel86 @ Jul 7 2011, 06:42 PM) *
I just knew that somebody was going to find something wrong with my statement, smh. Too bad I found something wrong with your statement as well (see bold above). The rule is, "I" before "E", except after "C". Learn how to spell before you try to counter someone's statement...spell check is free by the way.

That is not true, you know that right? I before E was an ok rule of thumb when we were in 6th fucking grade but there are words where that is not true! So before you try using that weak shit to try to win an argument, @ least come correct fully! How old are you anyhow?

+Quote Post
oldschool
post Jul 8 2011, 07:17 AM
Post #33

Amateur

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,722

I"ve always disliked larry Merchant! Hes way to biased in his oponions! If he doesnt like a fighter hes very critical! as in the the last David Haye fight. The oldman needs to retire!

+Quote Post
The CEO
post Jul 8 2011, 07:36 AM
Post #34

SKULLSPLITTER

Member No.: 4,665

Over the years, I've noticed it's mainly nuthuggers who have a problem with Merchant...ones that don't like him strongly critiquing aka "Hating" their favorite fighter(s)...

Ofcourse, I personally respect and appreciate Larry...I see him as an Icon, an Innovator....and unlike Joe Calzaghe, many fans WILL miss him when he's gone.

+Quote Post
BoxingWizard23
post Jul 8 2011, 08:01 AM
Post #35

Super Flyweight

Member No.: 12,224

QUOTE (alkantot @ Jul 7 2011, 06:12 PM) *
Larry's old school. He's used to 'real' boxing, where the fighters actually slug it out. Floyd is good on paper only. He doesn't want to face sluggers. This is one reason we'll never see a fight between him and the Pacman. So-called 'technical' fights are what they are: BORING!

Wow. you definitely don't know your boxing FightHype freshemen. Floyd has faced sluggers over the years and many. Some of the best sluggers who will be in the hall of fame and he beat some of them using their tactics. Technical fights are what's called The Sweet Science don't disrespect the sport like it or not...it's called BOXING for a reason the game is named hit and don't get hit and Floyd is one of the best and is the best boxer in his era of that account. Pacman is just another slugger.

+Quote Post
caneman
post Jul 8 2011, 08:03 AM
Post #36

Amateur

Member No.: 1,310

QUOTE (The CEO @ Jul 8 2011, 07:36 AM) *
Over the years, I've noticed it's mainly nuthuggers who have a problem with Merchant...ones that don't like him strongly critiquing aka "Hating" their favorite fighter(s)...

Ofcourse, I personally respect and appreciate Larry...I see him as an Icon, an Innovator....and unlike Joe Calzaghe, many fans WILL miss him when he's gone.

I agree with this for the most part...not to say I never said Larry STFU but really dude is just classic Philly, you might not like what he says but he says it anyhow!!!1 Now Jim Gray on the other hand!

+Quote Post
BoxingWizard23
post Jul 8 2011, 08:05 AM
Post #37

Super Flyweight

Member No.: 12,224

QUOTE (alaganza @ Jul 7 2011, 07:31 PM) *
In a nutshell bro!

Larry has a very slight filter. He will say almost anything. It's funny sometimes to see fighter put on a great defensive display only to fall victim to the verbal assault of the "Double Scotch Warrior" in the post fight interview.

LOL @ Double Scotch Warrior ...hahaha

+Quote Post
Sunmanken
post Jul 8 2011, 08:22 AM
Post #38

Why can't I diss FH?

Group: Banned
Member No.: 12,621

Its a brutal pugilistic sport. The most he does is says harsh truths that NEED to be said to million dollar cry-babies who take the path of least resistence. I wish Larry Merchant would commentate MORE often...even about shit that has nothing to do with boxing. He should lecture. That'd be awesome. Dead serious, by the way.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Jul 8 2011, 09:06 AM
Post #39

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (TzFrank @ Jul 8 2011, 03:34 AM) *
Yes he should definitely be fired! I've been saying that for years now. All he does is hate and he is so biased against floyd. I remember when floyd shut him up after the baldomir fight when he called floyd boring . I think they should get lennox Lewis or Roy Jones to take His place.

I agree that he should hang it up, but if that means bringing Lennox Lewis in to replace him...then I will pass and put up with Merchant's crap until further notice. Lewis kills me from ringside, and I definitely can't picture him doing a post-fight interview. It's like he zones out during the fights and misses stuff, smh.

I remember when Judah clearly punched Floyd in his balls and hit him in the back of the head when Lewis was the guest commentator. When Merchant asked him if the low blow was on purpose, he stated, "I dont think the low blow was intentional, but the punch to the back of the head was definitely intentional". Lol! I laughed so hard when he responded...even Stevie Wonder could see how much malice was behind that low blow! I like when Roy Jones calls fight, but I will gladly deal with Merchant if they try to bring Lewis back. (Just my opinion)

+Quote Post
Method
post Jul 8 2011, 09:27 AM
Post #40

Member No.: 1,253

QUOTE (Allmenjoi8 @ Jul 7 2011, 05:08 PM) *
HBO commentary for boxing would be great if Larry "The biggest hater" Merchant wasn't apart of that team. He is so negative and half of the time he does not know what he is talking about. Unless the fight is a bloody massacre he isn't happy. I am not going to even touch his pure biased against Floyd. I wondered if HBO should replace him with someone else... I loved it when Foreman told him to shut up!! He should stop commentating In my opinion. Any thoughts?

Im not gonna say he should be fired, per se, but its true - unless its a blood bath, he's hating. He has absolutely ZERO regard for the subtle nuances of the sweet science. Its a shame, because he is colorful and can be funny, etc, but if Im HBO, and I am trying to attract a following, it's REALLY counter productive to have your analyst sitting there and shitting on your production all night.

+Quote Post

7 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th July 2014 - 11:40 AM